Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

For Anyone Doing Business With Brain Trust6379

Collector NoahSult private msg quote post Address this user
trying to pick fight is a violation of this forums terms of use, "DocBrown". please stop. thanks.
Post 126 IP   flag post
Collector DocBrown private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
That was a vague statement I made on purpose, so as to not single any one Johnny out.

Pretending people don't know exactly who you're referring to is an insult to their intelligence.

You gentlemen are trying to provoke a fight. Please stop.
Post 127 IP   flag post
Collector NoahSult private msg quote post Address this user
trying to pick fight is a violation of this forums terms of use, "DocBrown". please stop. thanks
Post 128 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
@DocBrown Okay, I'll bite. I was referring to Logan if you must know. If I were to chose a side, this one time, I'd be on yours.
Post 129 IP   flag post
Quote:
@DocBrown Okay, I'll bite. I was referring to Logan if you must know. If I were to chose a side, this one time, I'd be on yours.

Ok, I'LL bite: I wasn't trying to bait you into a response. But surely, you can see that putting that comment in the CURRENT chain of comments, this morning, where "Logan510" hasn't posted in over 9 hours, would lead one to a different conclusion, can you not?

While I agree with you, it's still unnecessary, and only serves to provoke conflict, regardless of who it's aimed at. I'm not allowed to respond to these comments from provocateurs as I would like, no matter how ludicrous, accusatory, and disconnected from reality (see post #123), which is fine, it's not my board. But the passive/aggressive shots don't serve any good purpose, no matter who makes them, and no matter who they're aimed at.

Or am I just full of shit? Could be!
Post 130 IP   flag post

I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBrown
But surely, you can see that putting that comment in the CURRENT chain of comments, this morning, where "Logan510" hasn't posted in over 9 hours

Fair enough, I don't take notice of likes or time stamps. I hadn't been on the forum since 4pm PST yesterday evening. Just seems like he makes a lot of people angry on this forum in particular. On and off board.
Post 131 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masochism
@DocBrown https://www.facebook.com/groups/1723549874622675/permalink/1951417098502617/

I'm not a member of that group (and don't intend to be) and so cannot see what they're discussing.

So...hows about some screen shots?
Post 132 IP   flag post
Collector Logan510 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

The entire class has an issue with me? First i’ve heard of this
Post 133 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
But surely, you can see that putting that comment in the CURRENT chain of comments, this morning, where "Logan510" hasn't posted in over 9 hours

Fair enough, I don't take notice of likes or time stamps. I hadn't been on the forum since 4pm PST yesterday evening. Just seems like he makes a lot of people angry on this forum in particular. On and off board.

A “lot of people on and off board”? That’s honestly news to me.I don’t count toadies, so maybe half a dozen or so don’t like me? I think I’ll be fine
Post 134 IP   flag post
Collector 1243782365 private msg quote post Address this user
Was anyone at Kansas City Comic Con?

Is there any truth to the Brain Trust t-shirt gang rumor from Kansas City Comic Con?
Post 135 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1243782365
Brain Trust t-shirt gang rumor

Oh, please DO tell. What is this about?
Post 136 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
I'm not sure what the t-shirt gang is about, but I can tell you, it has REALLY come back to bite the guy. Apparently, he cannot produce a DD214 (the military discharge papers). What he has shown is totally different than what he said. He is in a divorce and apparently he tried to hide all this money from his wife. But he posted a screenshot online of where he received around $10,000 in about a 5 week timespan last fall. People have notified his wife of all this, including the paypal account he used to collect all the money. The guy has left facebook and Brain Trust. It would not surprise me if this "t-shirt gang" is just a bunch of members trying to rally support for their brand. Because honestly, they are the ones getting burnt by this guy. Oh, I gather that several different law enforcement agencies and stolen valor groups have been notified about this guy.
Post 137 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcJ
Craig Oscarson from Brain Trust Comics

To be clear, is this guy just “from” Brain Trust, or does he have vested interest (ie employee or owner etc)?

If he’s just an employee that can be disciplined, I dont see any reason for the mass hysteria against BT comics

Quote:
@shrewbeer Craig is Brain Trust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
left facebook and Brain Trust

Wait... so this guy “is” NOT brain trust?
Post 138 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Brain Trust is a group of investors who invest in variant covers. Craig Oscarson was the point man for the group. I don't know who started it, it could have been Craig. Anyway, he was the one who collected the money, lined up the artists, went to the cons, etc. He was the main person in the group. The majority of people involved in the Brain Trust invest in the comics and that is it. It was Craig's baby to run.
Post 139 IP   flag post
So, like a stock club?
Post 140 IP   flag post
Collector Cowabunga_Kyle private msg quote post Address this user
Craig started Brain Trust. All books go through him. The books we are waiting for are in his house.
Post 141 IP   flag post
Collector IntoAnother private msg quote post Address this user
It may be best for anyone waiting on books to start requesting a refund sooner than later as this doesn’t appear to be headed in the right direction.
Post 142 IP   flag post
Quote:
Craig started Brain Trust. All books go through him. The books we are waiting for are in his house.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntoAnother
It may be best for anyone waiting on books to start requesting a refund sooner than later as this doesn’t appear to be headed in the right direction.

Well we all know what happens to a man’s comic books when the wife gets the house in the divorce 😮
Post 143 IP   flag post
Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
I'm not sure what the t-shirt gang is about, but I can tell you, it has REALLY come back to bite the guy. Apparently, he cannot produce a DD214 (the military discharge papers). What he has shown is totally different than what he said. He is in a divorce and apparently he tried to hide all this money from his wife. But he posted a screenshot online of where he received around $10,000 in about a 5 week timespan last fall. People have notified his wife of all this, including the paypal account he used to collect all the money. The guy has left facebook and Brain Trust. It would not surprise me if this "t-shirt gang" is just a bunch of members trying to rally support for their brand. Because honestly, they are the ones getting burnt by this guy. Oh, I gather that several different law enforcement agencies and stolen valor groups have been notified about this guy.

Thanks for the break down.

With any luck, Craig will be forced by the authorities to make good on his debts, and the unfulfilled orders.

I am curious how in the Hell he managed to rack up a bill of 15K at CBCS,you'd think his card would be charged when the books entered the grading room.

What would be truly priceless, in terms of just how badly an apparently well trusted vendor can screw things up, is if he ate/spent his way through too much of his pre sale payments and cannot afford to pay CBCS the $15,000 that is owed to CBCS.

That is a decent wad of dough for CBCS to have to eat.

I would guess that the slabs would legally become CBCS's property, if the submitter defaulted on submitting payment for services rendered by CBCS, after a certain time period had elapsed with numerous written warnings from CBCS.

What is unfortunate for CBCS, is the fact that , this is my assumption only, most or all of the books that Oscarson subbed to CBCS would likely have been pre-sales for CBCS 9.8 blue and/or gold labels.

CBCS would have a difficult time handling the sales of slabs that have already been paid for.

If fees owed to CBCS are 15K....for a very conservative estimate, let's take 5 grand of that figure and throw

So, there is 15 grand of grading fees tied up in slabbed books.

2 day modern grading is $32.

At $32, that would translate in CBCS having graded 489 books, for Oscarson.

Let's say the pre-sale figure that Oscarson got from his buyers was $100?per CBCS 9.8 pre-sale.

That's a pretty conservative price tag for pre-sales of slabbed 9.8 store variants.

Using that low ball estimate $100 per slab figure, Oscarson sold $46,875.00 in CBCS 9.8 pre-sales to his customers.

Or $70,313.00, at $149.99, per CBCS 9.8

Or $93,750.00, at $199 per CBCS 9.8

You'd think if you made anywhere from about 50 to 90 grand and change, you would have the money to pay the $15,000 nut.😂

When his BS "apology" did not work in his favor, he high tailed it off of Facebook. Or mods booted him off, but the former is more likely.

Considering that it seems like everything that Oscarson said was untrue, as far back as hiding his financial assets from his wife, staying on Facebook was leaving him open for a continued public grilling.

Once the nastier bits started piling up, when he saw his half assed "apology" was not going to sweep everything under the rug....yup, it's time to delete everything and head for the hills.

I'm not surprised that he is no longer on Facebook, in the slightest.
Post 144 IP   flag post
These slabs were sold to BT members at cost. He is not a smart businessman and overspent on shipping a lot of the time as well as overindulged on lavish trips to conventions where he flew out artists and paid to fund his and fellow BT member's stay in Air B&B's in upscale homes.
Post 145 IP   flag post
Quote:

How do you know where the books are?

Are they raws or slabs?

From what I read, Oscarson owes CBCS a hefty $15,000.00.

If the books were CBCS 9.8 pre-sales, than the slabs would be in CBCS's vault, waiting for Oscarson to pay his bill before Oscarson takes possession of them.
Post 146 IP   flag post
Raw books from Oni are there, and hundreds of CBCS slabs are at his house. He updated the members with video every day for the past two weeks as he very very slowly, sent out packages to us.

A lot of those books rumored to be at CBCS have already come in (to his house).
Post 147 IP   flag post
Quote:
These slabs were sold to BT members at cost. He is not a smart businessman and overspent on shipping a lot of the time as well as overindulged on lavish trips to conventions where he flew out artists and paid to fund his and fellow BT member's stay in Air B&B's in upscale homes.

That doesn't make any sense.

Looking at Brain Trust's' site 2 days ago his sell through prices on everything was not at cost, or anywhere near cost.

While I didn't study his site, I saw that he sold thru his stock of Thor 800 Hughes variants in raw at $100 a pop.

That's a reference point; he was getting full market prices for his books....at least hot books, anyway.

If they were pre-sales of CBCS 9.8's they would have a significant mark up, just like the $100 Thor Hughes raw variant.

His site isn't loading for me now, so I can't check to see what he got for his CBCS 9.8 pre-sales.

But there is no way he sold 100's of CBCS slabs in pre-sale format, at cost.

If you can show otherwise, I'd love to see .
Post 148 IP   flag post
BT members do not buy through the website, they buy through the Facebook group. Mostly investing in bundles of ten books at a time.

Prices of books on the site were the basement prices that members were "allowed" to sell them at.

Members sold in various Facebook groups and on eBay, etc.
Post 149 IP   flag post
Anyone got any screenshots of any of these things...?
Post 150 IP   flag post
I would love to see such videos or photos. Until then it's heresay and rumors.
Post 151 IP   flag post
Yeah they're in that Nick's group you refuse to enter. I'm not reposting any of that.
Post 152 IP   flag post
Quote:
Yeah they're in that Nick's group you refuse to enter. I'm not reposting any of that.

I imagine you're not the only person with access to that group, no...?
Post 153 IP   flag post
Quote:
BT members do not buy through the website, they buy through the Facebook group. Mostly investing in bundles of ten books at a time.

History shall repeat itself. Surely it’s the 90s all over again 🤯

The signs are all over the place, folks. This cannot last.
Post 154 IP   flag post
601484 154 29
This topic is archived. Start new topic?