Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS EventsCBCS GradedCertified Comics For SaleFor SaleRaw Comics For SaleWant to Buy

CBCS is Moving to Dallas...6377

Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
Normally when new folks show up on a message board the standard acronym is WTTB, but this situation is reversed. Since CBCS is now moving into the D/FW Metroplex, I'm issuing a hearty WTTM to the crew!
Post 51 IP   flag post
Collector Enelson private msg quote post Address this user
I posted about this in the turnaround thread also, but I have 2 orders that show "shipping", and now have for a few days. In the past when an order reached this stage it stated "shipping" then "shipped" within 24hours followed by the update on dashboard of grader's notes. I know everything is behind and the logistics must be nightmarish BUT I'm not even getting responses to email. Has anyone else been experiencing this and can let me know their experiences. One order was actually ahead of schedule- 2 day, fast press

However the other was "modern" with a fast pass- 6 week TAT- and now we are into week 8+

Will things get back to normal this week?
Post 52 IP   flag post
Collector fivestar private msg quote post Address this user
Not sure @Enelson but I have an 2 day modern order that was done with grading last Tues/Weds when it went into Billing. There was an error on my card (bad expiration date) but I didn't find this out until Thurs. I immediately resolved the issue and notified the rep via email yet thursday. I'm still awaiting ANY indication my repeated emails/or phone messages (to both the rep and customer service) have even been received. I assume not since no payment has processed and my books are still waiting to ship out despite the updated CC information on file since last week.

I certainly hope this is just due to the move and won't be an issue in the future, but I'm not holding my breath to receive those 2 day books within 2 weeks at this point. :/
Post 53 IP   flag post
@SteveRicketts can you help some of us folks out with updates regarding delays, shipping, missed Tats, unanswered emails/phone calls, etc
Post 54 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
The office is currently in the process of being moved. I mean literally. They're loading everything onto trucks as I type this. Likewise, the crew is mid transit. Moving their families halfway across the country. I know they're hoping it to happen as quickly as possible, but in all honesty, I wouldn't be surprised if there's a blackout until next week.

They tried to prepare as well as possible, but unexpected things will happen. They are relocating an entire office, as well as everyone's family. We will be be operational again as quickly as possible
Post 55 IP   flag post

You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
Ok @SteveRicketts I got several hundred books to send in, but want to wait until you guys are up and running. Keep us posted as to when things level out there in Texas.
Post 56 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Just to catch everybody up to date, this is from Steve Ricketts opening post on this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Ricketts
The move will commence on June 11th and will be completed on June 18th.
Post 57 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
Just to catch everybody up to date, this is from Steve Ricketts opening post on this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Ricketts
The move will commence on June 11th and will be completed on June 18th.
@Jesse_O I think most understand the difficulty of the move, I moved from CA to NJ 12 years ago and I wanted to give up on life. I can only imagine the logistics of relocating an entire business.
I think it's the shutdown of email/phone conversation that has caused concern. Most communication can be done remote, or on a toilet, like when I type this, so when everything stops, it's disconcerting.
A little communication and updates goes a long way.
Post 58 IP   flag post
@Enelson I get it. And they stated that CS would be available during the move. So, that was obviously the plan. If something happened to that plan, I'm sure they are working on correcting it.
Post 59 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
So the move started yesterday! That's exciting.
Do you think we can get some photos and stuff of the move itself? I think it'd be fun to see it all in the works like a photo vlog
Post 60 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR BigRig private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLS_Comics
So the move started yesterday! That's exciting.
Do you think we can get some photos and stuff of the move itself? I think it'd be fun to see it all in the works like a photo vlog

That's a good idea to show that all them books are safe and sound too
Post 61 IP   flag post
Collector Skinschamps2000 private msg quote post Address this user
@SteveRicketts Where was this message weeks ago? I think everyone who has a submitted date of May 29th through whenever you get "operational" should be given a FULL refund, PLUS the return of shipping cost. Let me know your thoughts.
Post 62 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Well, I've read it plastered all over Facebook. I got at least one email. Plus, this thread has been here for three weeks.
Post 63 IP   flag post
May 21st is when it was announced with the dates. There was talk of them moving to Texas in June for at least 2-3 months before that.
Post 64 IP   flag post
ok, for the rocket scientist here. Go to CBCSCOMICS.COM, then show me ANYWHERE that is says shipping, grading and everything will be delayed for weeks on end. As for talking about it for months before. Imagine a scenario where a person gets referred to CBCS and the next day goes out and signs up to submit a book, now imagine that person doesnt follow cbcs for a living or even on a whim. And then does everything. AND that website still takes an order and payment for something they cannot do. And has no plan to do. Because you know, they are moving. How about , a WARNING, say WE ARE MOVING, and EVEN THOUGH YOU ARE PAYING FOR A 2 Day Modern, its ACTUALLY 5 to 7 weeks. CLICK HERE IF THATS OK. Then, I can go with the program. This is just poor planning, I mean why wouldnt you send people in waves to keep things flowing, instead of pack everything up Monday and when we get everything unpacked we can start up with all the stuff we brought from the old place and then start into our back log, and pray to God nothing gets lost, or misplaced. Which by the way we wont know if we lost your item for 5 to 7 weeks at a minimum. Because you know we moved. I said it once I will say it again, this whole thing should have been, we WILL NO LONGER TAKE ORDERS UNTIL WE MOVE COMPLETELY. I could have sent the book to CGC and had it back by now. Which is what I paid for here. And I dont think holding a business accountable is that big of a problem. Remember I am the customer.
Post 65 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

Post 66 IP   flag post
Collector Robert86m private msg quote post Address this user
My comics are past the 12 week window , But moving a business like that in waves would be almost impossible because once the slabbing machines are gone that heat seal the plastic sleeves or seal the slabs themselves you would still see a delay as than they would have to ship the comics in w/e stage off to Dallas to have it finished or if you move say pressing there now than you have comics there pressed that can't be graded and done
Post 67 IP   flag post
Thats called a TP, their problem. Besides I am sure Beckett set up brand new stuff in Dallas.
Post 68 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Beckett is taking over all of it.
Post 69 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Well, I've read it plastered all over Facebook. I got at least one email. Plus, this thread has been here for three weeks.

@DrWatson That's kind of what the angry fella @Skinschamps2000 is saying though, not everyone is on facebook, on message boards and has previously submitted books before. There was nothing on the website stating there would be delays. I submitted books in April that are/were affected by the move now. I also only recently started sending books in March the first time. I only joined the boards for the love,compassion and temperance I encounter among my comic collecting colleagues.

My biggest complaint I had/have was the communication shutdown- it specifically states customer service will be available. It has not been.

That being said, my orders from April mysteriously arrived yesterday-just no updates on dashboard, or anywhere that I saw, so things are still shipping, or were
Post 70 IP   flag post
Collector TimBildhauser private msg quote post Address this user
The plan was to have Customer Service available to field calls & emails during the move. However that has proven to not be a possibility. We are working on correcting that right now.

A little patience goes a long way. We're not perfect but are still trying to do our best in a difficult situation. Communication & updates should resume shortly. As I'm typing this I'm waiting to be given access to CS emails (which I don't currently have) and will answer as many as I can before leaving tomorrow morning for Heroes Con.

I know many people are concerned about their books but we've taken every precaution to make sure they arrive at the Dallas office safe and sound. Please bear with us on this.
Post 71 IP   flag post
Collector lpgasdude private msg quote post Address this user
I don't mean to keep bringing this up, but what about those of us that were expecting to pick our books up this month. When I dropped mine off in March, I had no idea there was a possible move scheduled this month. Did my books get taken on the move? Will I know have to pay shipping back to Tampa? That is something I would have liked to known about when I dropped them off, if that is the situation.
Post 72 IP   flag post
Collector Merc51 private msg quote post Address this user
So my family and I are moving and I have 2 orders still in processing. Who do I get in contact with them if the phones, email or anything won’t work to change my return of address to the new address?
Post 73 IP   flag post
Collector TimBildhauser private msg quote post Address this user
@lpgasdude I'm honestly not sure. I work remotely from the FL & TX offices. If they got sent to Dallas we'll have to send them back to FL for you, I don't think there will be a shipping charge for that if you had them scheduled for pick up although I'm not 100% certain on that. I'll see what I can find out.

@Merc51 PM me with your updated shipping address.
Post 74 IP   flag post
@lpgasdude There will be an announcement about this very topic by the end of next week.
Post 75 IP   flag post
Collector lpgasdude private msg quote post Address this user
@TimBildhauser, @SteveRicketts, Thank you both for the quick response. I'll look for the update.
Post 76 IP   flag post
Collector Robert86m private msg quote post Address this user
Only thing I agree with someone said earlier it would be cool if they posted pictures of the move
Post 77 IP   flag post
@TimBildhauser @SteveRicketts who do I contact about an order i got yesterday and the book slides freely in the slab.
Post 78 IP   flag post
You can contact customerservice@cbcscomics.com with that issue, @Enelson
I don't know how long it will take to get a reply. If you don't hear anything by the end of next week, let me know via PM on the board.
Post 79 IP   flag post
@SteveRicketts ok, thanks, I sent cust service email and pics, but will contact u if no resolution
Post 80 IP   flag post
601444 128 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?