Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Sale/benefit for Steve Borock & Family624

Collector Filter81 private msg quote post Address this user
Some people on here probably know me already and some may not. I really hope I'm posting this in the right place and apologize if I am posting in the wrong spot or violating any forum rules.

As some of you might have already heard, Steve Borock & Pam Kesten have lost their daughter, Courtney.
Steve is not only my best friend, but family to me.
The funeral expenses are huge and money is the last thing they should have to worry about during this incredibly difficult and heart breaking time for them.
Steve needs to sell pieces of original comic art from his personal collection to pay these expenses and I don't want him to have to deal with that right now. So I will be posting the art on his behalf over the next several days, collecting the money, and shipping the pieces for him.
Steve has done SO much for this hobby over the years, between his work with Overstreet, helping to bring the concept of professional grading to our hobby, his work with multiple charities (most notably Heroes Initiative). Steve has generously given his time and money to our hobby, as well as to those who were in need, for many, many years. Anyone who knows Steve, knows that's just the kind of guy he is. I really hope that our hobby can do the same for him in his family's hour of need.
I will be posting as many pieces as I can over the next few days.
There will be pieces of all dollar values so hopefully there is something for everyone. If you see something you like, feel free to make offers. Anyone who doesn't collect art but still wants to donate, can send donations via Paypal to Adam727@gmail.com. (Please put "for steve" in the memo line) 100% of the money raised from this will go to Steve and his family. I hope they eventually find some peace over time.
Anyone reading this that would also like to help, please feel free to share this thread with as many people as possible. Thank you all in advance,
-Adam Perlman

https://www.facebook.com/groups/cbcscomics/
Post 1 IP   flag post
The Scar Giver Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Just wanted to let everyone know, the sale has started.
Post 2 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Here are some pictures of what is being offered for sale:

Black Canary illustration drawn and signed by Neal Adams. The bristol board it's on measures 11"x14". The size of the sketch is approximately 12" x 6" at it's largest. $500

Post 3 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JWKyle private msg quote post Address this user
I'll put this up.

$130.00 SOLD Shipped to you. All proceeds to the family

Please send payment to Adam --- Adam727@gmail.com ---

Make sure to say you'll take it in the thread and when you pay Adam to say what your paying for so he can keep track.

Post 4 IP   flag post
Superboy Annual 1 Cover (Pencils Only) 2013 by Yvel Guichet. Features Superboy & Superman. Image Size is 11" x 15" $500

Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector wktam67 private msg quote post Address this user
Adam,

Maybe I missed it but where are you posting the items for sale?

Thanks
Post 6 IP   flag post
https://www.facebook.com/groups/cbcscomics/
Post 7 IP   flag post
Rampaging Hulk 8 pg 31 Hulk vs Iron Man. Great Action Page! Herb Trimpe and Alfredo Alcala Image area 10.5"x15" $1450

Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector TvComics private msg quote post Address this user
Believe it or not, some (including me) are not on facebook. Is there another way to view/participate?
Post 9 IP   flag post
Not that I know of, but I know what you mean.
Post 10 IP   flag post
DrWatson, thank you so much for sharing the items here too!

TvComics, I'm pretty new to FB too. If you are able to view on Facebook you can PM me to purchase privately.

Otherwise we'll try to make sure the items get listed here also.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector John_R private msg quote post Address this user
IQuote:
Originally Posted by Filter81
DrWatson, thank you so much for sharing the items here too!

TvComics, I'm pretty new to FB too. If you are able to view on Facebook you can PM me to purchase privately.

Otherwise we'll try to make sure the items get listed here also.

I don't think he'll be able to view them as the group is closed and so he would need to join Facebook and then request to join the group.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Thanks! I wasn't quite sure how that worked.

We'll make sure everything gets posted here too then. (Doc Watson thanks again for all your help so far)
Post 13 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TvComics
Believe it or not, some (including me) are not on facebook. Is there another way to view/participate?

We can make sure the items get posted here. Then you can contact Filter81 to purchase.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector TvComics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
Quote:
Originally Posted by TvComics

We can make sure the items get posted here. Then you can contact Filter81 to purchase.

Sounds like a plan. I look forward to being a part of this good cause. So sad.....
Post 15 IP   flag post
I can go back in and edit in prices and info for what I have already posted, but someone will need to help me keep track of what has sold and mark it as such or delete it.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Iron Man 7 pg 15 Sean Chen Splash Page $350 SOLD

Post 17 IP   flag post
Donated by Donnie Bouchard

This is an Rocket and Groot piece done by Andy Suriano that I bought from a Bill Mantlo charity auction. He paid $60 and will take best offer

Post 18 IP   flag post
Donated by Eric & Tracy

Wolverine 1 CBCS 9.8 NM/M $120 SOLD to JWKyle

Post 19 IP   flag post
Werewolf by Night 43 Cover. One of the best covers, and also the last cover of the run. Plus Iron Man too! Great example of a classic 1970s bronze age cover by the great Ernie Chan. $12000

Shared from facebook sale.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Collector ComicWiz private msg quote post Address this user
Adam, I have shared/posted this link in one of the Facebook groups I admin.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Collector TheComicMint private msg quote post Address this user
10 copies of the walking dead 127 cbcs 9.8 50 dollars each. SOLD100% of the proceeds donated to Steve Borock/family.

https://www.thecomicmint.com/the-walking-127-cgc-9-8-nm-m-near-mint-mint-1st-print.html
Post 22 IP   flag post
CBCS CBCS_UK private msg quote post Address this user
We have also shared this thread across the UK, and offer our deepest condolences from the CBCS UK team.

clickable text
Post 23 IP   flag post
Collector BronzeAgeBaby private msg quote post Address this user
Couldn't do much and unfortunately can't get in on the OA stuff. I did make a donation with what I could spare though ... just wish there was more I could do.

- David Lyons
Post 24 IP   flag post
Just an update, all 10 copies that The Comic Mint put up got sold in about two hours!!!
Post 25 IP   flag post
CBCS broke up with me over Facebook. CFP_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
Giant Size X-Men #2 CBCS 9.6 signed by Neal Adams

This is an outstanding copy in every way.

$500.00 REDUCED to $400.00 donation. All proceeds to the family

Please send payment to Adam --- Adam727@gmail.com ---

Post 26 IP   flag post
Holy crap!
Post 27 IP   flag post
Captain Britain 16 pg 6 Herb Trimpe/Fred Kida/Marie Severin Marvel 1977. Early Captain Britain art (his first appearance was in 1976) Also, this is the continuation of the story where Captain Britain and Captain America meet for the first time. Great battle page. $900

Post 28 IP   flag post
ltimate Vision #1 Cover Brandon Peterson (Marvel, 2007). Line art version of Brandon Peterson's futuristic painted cover. The main figure is original artwork, done in ink with graphite and blue pencil; the "schematic"-like background is a computer-generated print-out on Bristol board. Figure measures approximately 8.25" x 12/75"; overall image area is 10.5" x 15.75" - An opportunity to buy an Ultimate Marvel cover for less than 4 figures! $700

Post 29 IP   flag post
Adam Hughes Mark McKenna Signed Catwoman Illustration 11" x 14" $850

Post 30 IP   flag post
603979 122 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?