Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

my rant(as everyone gets a piece of the pie)6107

Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
@Watcher I would take CAK up on his offer. Nothing to lose at this point...let them contact you.
Post 51 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watcher
out and about traveling the world

Sorry, I couldn't help myself

Post 52 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Foghorn_Sam private msg quote post Address this user
@Watcher It looks like Frank Cwiklik left the door open for you to contact him. Why not take him up on it and express how disappointed you are in how all of this has unfolded and how they have chosen to handle it. I think as a customer you deserve far better than the lame dismissal you were given. If you don't get anywhere with him, then ask to speak with Vincent.
Post 53 IP   flag post
Collector Watcher private msg quote post Address this user
Both @foghorn and @CAK are right..the opportunity is present to bring this to a place allowing for adequate reparations. It is the logical step and obviously it bothered me enough to start this thread.

I disagree that the owner should have been notified prior to his company being addressed publicly. It would be a courtesy and a courtesy was not afforded me. If I were a high end customer like Doc and there was a mutual relationship then I would most certainly have reached out to the owner first. But, I made my 1st purchase with them and was dismissed by a representative of the owner and don't feel I had the obligation to respect the company the way I would if I were Doc.

They made 3 errors and thats enough for me:

- 4 wks to ship a book that was paid for immediately and would have taken much longer if I didn't call once a wk finally demanding someone track down the book on week 4 and get it out. In and of itself, sh*t happens and 4 wks is not a deal breaker...just a mix up.

- a broken slab that appears to have been dropped with no mention of any damage through the entire process...leading me to believe a subordinate dropped it when preparing it and felt it was in his interest to avoid accountability and quietly ship it . just an assumption, but not a giant leap ...still not necessarily malice since there's no way to ascertain the cause of the damage. Still not a deal breaker ..sh*t happens.

- once the event is brought to the attention of a trained and paid rep , it is dismissed with a generic email and a less than professional effort in an order to avoid any real accountability. This decision was a conscious one and not justifiable . It was the one that led me to believe the other issues run parallel with the practices at this company and that they weren't just oversights.

My decision is simple: there was no apparent damage to the book itself... It's not a place I will do business with again...the book was already shipped to CGC for a re-slab and anytime one does business with anyone, there is always the chance that things don't run smoothly. So, calling up and demanding a better resolution is not really worth my time. It's like pulling teeth to get a girlfriend to stay in a relationship when she's not really into it..it's just not worth it outside of softening a bruised ego. My forcing him to make right doesn't assure me the company is run effectively ..it only forces him to vindicate me and value me. I don't need him to as I have already vented and that ship has left the dock brother
Post 54 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CopperAgeKids
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
Definitely be cautious with their grading of raw books - they tend to give qualified grades if books have flaws.

Some books really need qualified grades.

They do note the flaws, in such cases....and if they assign a "Qualified" grade, they make that pretty clear

Don’t entirely agree. If significant flaw they will list the flaw - however - the grade they give is ignoring the flaw (ie CGC qualified grade) without stating so.

FYI - Frank is the main guy in the daily operations - dealt with him quite a few times - and has the authority to make decisions.
Post 55 IP   flag post

Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51
A $25 credit is an insult. It's like saying they take no responsibility for you receiving a damaged product. They want to coax you into buying from them again and ignoring their failures. If I'm not receiving exactly what was expected, I am not going to take bribes to ignore that it happened. I'm going to mark it up as inadequate and shop elsewhere. At no point do I ever want to receive a product that is damaged. It's a waste of my time to deal with it. Spare time is more valuable to me than money as I get older.

Can I get your $25 credit? πŸ˜†
Post 56 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
my rant(as everyone gets a piece of the pie)

Post 57 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka

Can I get your $25 credit? πŸ˜†

I was wondering that myself...if it could be transferred. At least offer it to someon for $20.
Post 58 IP   flag post
Collector Watcher private msg quote post Address this user
well...@poka asked first so it's his if its feasible. I have no idea how that stuff works ...
Post 59 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Both @foghorn and @CAK are right..the opportunity is present to bring this to a place allowing for adequate reparations. It is the logical step and obviously it bothered me enough to start this thread.

I disagree that the owner should have been notified prior to his company being addressed publicly. It would be a courtesy and a courtesy was not afforded me. If I were a high end customer like Doc and there was a mutual relationship then I would most certainly have reached out to the owner first. But, I made my 1st purchase with them and was dismissed by a representative of the owner and don't feel I had the obligation to respect the company the way I would if I were Doc.

- 4 wks to ship a book that was paid for immediately and would have taken much longer if I didn't call once a wk finally demanding someone track down the book on week 4 and get it out. In and of itself, sh*t happens and 4 wks is not a deal breaker...just a mix up.

- a broken slab that appears to have been dropped with no mention of any damage through the entire process...leading me to believe a subordinate dropped it when preparing it and felt it was in his interest to avoid accountability and quietly ship it . just an assumption, but not a giant leap ...still not necessarily malice since there's no way to ascertain the cause of the damage. Still not a deal breaker ..sh*t happens.

- once the event is brought to the attention of a trained and paid rep , it is dismissed with a generic email and a less than professional effort in an order to avoid any real accountability. This decision was a conscious one and not justifiable . It was the one that led me to believe the other issues run parallel with the practices at this company and that they weren't just oversights.

My decision is simple: there was no apparent damage to the book itself... It's not a place I will do business with again...the book was already shipped to CGC for a re-slab and anytime one does business with anyone, there is always the chance that things don't run smoothly. So, calling up and demanding a better resolution is not really worth my time. It's like pulling teeth to get a girlfriend to stay in a relationship when she's not really into it..it's just not worth it outside of softening a bruised ego. My forcing him to make right doesn't assure me the company is run effectively ..it only forces him to vindicate me and value me. I don't need him to as I have already vented and that ship has left the dock brother

I agree with what you are saying. As a customer, it's not my job to whine or complain to get acceptable customer service. It's their job to do it. I'm not into begging or pleading for justice when I can resolve all my future issues by removing them from the list of people that get my money.
Post 60 IP   flag post
Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
My point was thatQuote:

This was your first time dealing with Metropolis, and it was a fairly negative experience.

However, the circumstances surrounding this slab are very unusual[b] and as such, require a different approach than dealing with metropolis customer service/shipping.....by that I mean if a subordinate did in fact drop the slab, you should REALLY go all the way up,to the top of the totem pole, and not talk to anyone who may have been directly involved in cracking the slab.

I assure you that Zurzulo would sure as Hell want to know if he needs to fire one of his employees, if the slab was cracked by an employee of Metropolis...and said employee tried to hide this fact, I am wholly sure that the employee in question would be fired, and rightfully so.

In any event, my point was that [b]Zurzulo has a right to know if an employee of his is effing up and casting the responsibility of his mistake
unto a paying customer. The fact that you have not spent tens of hundreds of thousands of dollars with Metropolis in the past is wholly immaterial.

I'd argue that a first time customer who drops $1200 on a single slab would be highly valued by Metropolis, and any other dealer, as well.

Again, the details of this transaction really should be brought to Zurzulo's attention.

My point in saying it was unfair to post this publically stands with solid validity, IMHO.

You have not let the person who actually runs Metropolis, an opportunity to correct this issue.

I do not blame you for being ticked off, but this is not the way to handle such a problem.

As it stands:

You go left holding the bag on reslabbing/shipping costs to CGC; which is much more than $25 to begin with.

Re-holdering is not much itself, it is the cost of insured shipping a $1200 package, to and from CGC, that is the issue.Without doing the math, call it upwards of a $100 for insured shipping to and from CGC, and the reholder plus the invoice fee.

So, with your "venting" approach....while I am not discounting your justified anger in this scenario, accomplishes a net negative effect, for all parties involved.

As well as those who consign slabs to CC for their CC auctions.If someone sees this feedback of yours, they are less likely to bid on CC slabs in auction.

So,that is #1 of 3 negative outcomes.

#2, Metropolis loses customers.

#3, You lose about a $100.

Nobody wins, with your approach.

This is why ranting on the internet is pretty much never a good idea, when you step back and look at all of the moving parts involved, you see that there is usually a way to make the outcome positive. As long as you are dealing with a company who is reputable and values their reputation, you will be made whole, if your beef stands on its' own two legs. Which I believe your problem here does.
Post 61 IP   flag post
It seems pretty evident that a $25 credit is their standard approach to a damage claim. That's an insult. That is a string. It's a conditional arrangement that I ignore what they did and give them MORE of my business. I don't really care how Zurzulo feels about it. I don't beg for proper customer service. Never have. Never will. I speak with my money. I can buy comics elsewhere.
Post 62 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianGreensnips
@Watcher I was wondering if you even saw the broken piece anywhere in the box or wrapping? If not then that really makes sense what you said about wrapping it up that way after the case broke. Sorry if you already mentioned it. Sorry that happened to you.

Thanks...its not a crisis...just frustrating. I did see a chip inside the slab (not the wrapping) and there were no tiny shards anywhere; which tells me it not only happened pre wrap, but someone cleared out the tinier pieces by turning it upside down
Very interesting.
Post 63 IP   flag post
Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51
It seems pretty evident that a $25 credit is their standard approach to a damage claim. That's an insult. That is a string. It's a conditional arrangement that I ignore what they did and give them MORE of my business. I don't really care how Zurzulo feels about it. I don't beg for proper customer service. Never have. Never will. I speak with my money. I can buy comics elsewhere.

No, that is not how Metropolis operates.

I am wholly confident of that.

The odds seem to be that the case was damaged by an employee of Metropolis, who offered the $25 as a hush payment, to save his own hide from higher ups at Metropolis becoming aware of the employee's gross negligence and malfeasance, in handling the problem.

The employee in question seems to not give a damp about Metropolises reputation....all that this said employee seems to be concerned with is sweeping this problem under the rug to save his own ass.

I could not agree with you more, this is an insult to the OP.

Again, this warrants an internal investigation by Zurzulo, who is in charge of day to day operations at Metropolis.

I can wholly guarantee that the OP would in fact be made whole by Metropolis, if the problem within Metropolis, which Zurzulo has 50% ownership of, is brought to Zurzulo's attention.

Likewise, whomever shafted the OP by attempting to sweep his mistake under the rug, letting the buyer absorb the cost of reholdering while letting Metropolis' name take a hit in the process.....would be dealt with accordingly.

There are plenty of guys out there who are willing to work hard, for an honest wage.Getting a competent worker to take this employee's position would not be difficult, at all.

Had the employee damaged the slab, and notified his supervisor, none of this would have occured.
Post 64 IP   flag post
They need to audit their own customer service and find the negligent employees themselves. Customers aren't Guinea pigs for their quality control processes.

I've bought from Metropolis one or two times. I was generally pleased with the product bought, but I found their customer service to be lacking. I had pretty much decided already that they are only interested in high dollar customers and that I would not buy from them again. If that's not true, they've got a lot of internal issues to resolve before I'll be convinced otherwise. From the response the OP got in this thread, even a $1200 purchase is small beans to them. I'll buy from people who appreciate a $50 sale and not worry about the retailers that are so important that they can't appreciate a $1200 sale.

I'm also not going to throw one rogue employee under the bus. He represents the entire business. The workplace creates the atmosphere that motivates employees to respond as they do. Where I work, employees are encouraged to admit mistakes. Being honest has to be rewarded or employees will try to hide it rather than fix it.
Post 65 IP   flag post
601454 65 15
This topic is archived. Start new topic?