Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Realistically, what superhero power would...6100

COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
Invisibility at will.

Which could make me more wealthy than Bruce Wayne. Among many other advantages.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by conditionfreak
Invisibility at will.

Which could make me more wealthy than Bruce Wayne. Among many other advantages.

I imagine you mean through the acquisition of info, or similar.
The drawback I see for invisibility is that 'you' can still be tracked by other means, assuming someone is looking for 'you'. A guard dog would detect 'you' as you waited for the room to clear out (for example).

I've always felt that SOME forms of invisibility (such as the illusion type) would still cast a shadow.
Post 27 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Foghorn_Sam private msg quote post Address this user
I could see where being Mr. Fantastic, Plastic Man or the Elongated Man would have it's advantages with the girls if you know what I mean!
Post 28 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Plot armor!
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector RyanHicks private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foghorn_Sam
I could see where being Mr. Fantastic, Plastic Man or the Elongated Man would have it's advantages with the girls if you know what I mean!

Telepathy would give you the same, if not better advantages with the ladies Plus, would give a ton more benefit in other scenarios as well.
Post 30 IP   flag post

Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
Molecule Man. The world is your oyster, unless you want to change the oyster into clams.
Post 31 IP   flag post
Collector nikki666666 private msg quote post Address this user
@drchaos also would be pretty hard to buy something of high value. You'd be teaching in and out of that pocket for like an hour to pay for a car!
Post 32 IP   flag post
@conditionfreak after you've exhausted the pervyness of being invisible and robbed from the bad guys (obviously to make right the wrongs) then there really isn't much more use to invisibility unless I'm missing something? Great for hide and seek?
Post 33 IP   flag post
@Foghorn_Sam @RyanHicks I don't think telepathy would be much fun over time. Initially it would be amazing. In the long run though would you really want to know what everyone is thinking? I'm sure you'd just end up going mad. You'd know exactly what your partner/child/friends were thinking about you and you wouldn't be able to let on anything..
Post 34 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
How about the ability to time travel? Go back in time, buy a few Action #1’s, Detective #27’s, Amazing Fantasy #15’s and put them in a safety deposit box to be picked up now. But Apple and Coca Cola stock when it first came out. Could be a fun power for any collector.
Post 35 IP   flag post
Collector RyanHicks private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikki666666
@Foghorn_Sam @RyanHicks I don't think telepathy would be much fun over time. Initially it would be amazing. In the long run though would you really want to know what everyone is thinking? I'm sure you'd just end up going mad. You'd know exactly what your partner/child/friends were thinking about you and you wouldn't be able to let on anything..

Yea I would definitely not want Telepathy as a power, was just pointing out that you could go above and beyond accomplishing the goal of having advantages with the ladies over having elastic abilities.

I would probably go with telekinesis or time travel, personally.
Post 36 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
Power mimic like The Protege. Then you can swap your powers when you get bored.

Post 37 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
How about the ability to time travel? Go back in time, buy a few Action #1’s, Detective #27’s, Amazing Fantasy #15’s and put them in a safety deposit box to be picked up now. But Apple and Coca Cola stock when it first came out. Could be a fun power for any collector.

If you watch Legends of Tomorrow you will see that time travel can be problematic
Post 38 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
Invisibility would rank up there.
Post 39 IP   flag post
Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
Super man's abilities FTW.

You could do the world a lot of good, and rob as many banks as you wanted to, on the side.👌👍
Post 40 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo

If you watch Legends of Tomorrow you will see that time travel can be problematic

Rank amateurs, obviously, Corey.
Post 41 IP   flag post
Quote:
@conditionfreak after you've exhausted the pervyness of being invisible and robbed from the bad guys (obviously to make right the wrongs) then there really isn't much more use to invisibility unless I'm missing something? Great for hide and seek?

You lack imagination my friend. Think secrets, assassinations, intelligence, etc. Everyone wants to be a "fly on the wall" of many events. And that ain't just for gossip or curiosity. How about standing in the living room of Bill and Hillary when they are discussing strategy to get rich. Or the living room of Trump and his attorney when they are discussing the numerous legal ramifications of his life. Or visiting Kim Jong Un unobserved when he is bathing. Or a mafia Don when he is having a meeting.

The power of invisibility would be untold knowledge, wealth and ability to make things change or happen.

But it is a moot point. It is like arguing who can beat up whom. Marciano or Ali. We will never know.
Post 42 IP   flag post
Or who's stronger - Mighty Mouse or Superman?

Post 43 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by conditionfreak
Quote:

You lack imagination my friend. Think secrets, assassinations, intelligence, etc. Everyone wants to be a "fly on the wall" of many events. And that ain't just for gossip or curiosity. How about standing in the living room of Bill and Hillary when they are discussing strategy to get rich. Or the living room of Trump and his attorney when they are discussing the numerous legal ramifications of his life. Or visiting Kim Jong Un unobserved when he is bathing. Or a mafia Don when he is having a meeting.

No doubt the upchuck and uncontrollable guffaws would bring attention to the invisible one's presence.
Post 44 IP   flag post
There can be unexpected risks of having a super power. Take the following example.
One day Superman was kinda bored and was just flying around town looking for something to do. He finds himself flying over Wonder Woman's house and sees her bedroom window is open. He stops for a glimpse and sees her lying there, necked on her bed, squirming around and looking really hot.
Superman thinks to himself, what the heck, I can just fly in real quick and have a fast one with her and be on my way. After he leaves, Wonder Woman asks, "What was that sudden rush of air?"
The Invisible Man then says, "I don't know, but what the hey, all of the sudden my butt is really sore."
Post 45 IP   flag post
Collector michaelekrupp private msg quote post Address this user
Funny
Post 46 IP   flag post
That joke is older than I am. And that's old.

But still funny.
Post 47 IP   flag post
I thought it was worth a revisit. The old classics never die.
Post 48 IP   flag post
Ima gonna steal this and look for some occasion to use it! IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
Super intelligence is obviously the go to single "super power". I'm talking Brainiac level here.

With this power - you could create with science most of the other powers people talk about. Cloaking to mimic invisibility. Armor for strength, stamina, protection. Maybe a personal force field as well. Bio engineering for superior physical attributes and long life. All of these inventions and many more could be parlayed into a vast business empire and wealth.

With "super" intelligence almost every power - all imaginable wealth and success - are within reach. And it seems unlikely you'd ever grow weary of being super intelligent. Worst that might happen is in a Doctor Manhattan type of way you grow a bit weary of just being on earth and want to explore the cosmos and expand your interests.
Post 49 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMan
Super intelligence is obviously the go to single "super power". I'm talking Brainiac level here.

With this power - you could create with science most of the other powers people talk about. Cloaking to mimic invisibility. Armor for strength, stamina, protection. Maybe a personal force field as well. Bio engineering for superior physical attributes and long life. All of these inventions and many more could be parlayed into a vast business empire and wealth.

With "super" intelligence almost every power - all imaginable wealth and success - are within reach. And it seems unlikely you'd ever grow weary of being super intelligent. Worst that might happen is in a Doctor Manhattan type of way you grow a bit weary of just being on earth and want to explore the cosmos and expand your interests.

Yeah, but can you fly? LOL
Post 50 IP   flag post
Collector Wraith private msg quote post Address this user
Invisibility at will would be pretty cool
Post 51 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Wolverine private msg quote post Address this user
I've always thought being able to fly would be pretty damn awesome.

But Wolverines healing factor would be pretty cool as well.
Post 52 IP   flag post
Ima gonna steal this and look for some occasion to use it! IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
@Pre_Coder Iron Man flies Because he's a genius

@Wolverine With SUPER intelligence, you could create a super healing factor. Something like Bloodshot and his nano healing whatevers in his bloodstream
Post 53 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foghorn_Sam
There can be unexpected risks of having a super power. Take the following example.
One day Superman was kinda bored and was just flying around town looking for something to do. He finds himself flying over Wonder Woman's house and sees her bedroom window is open. He stops for a glimpse and sees her lying there, necked on her bed, squirming around and looking really hot.
Superman thinks to himself, what the heck, I can just fly in real quick and have a fast one with her and be on my way. After he leaves, Wonder Woman asks, "What was that sudden rush of air?"
The Invisible Man then says, "I don't know, but what the hey, all of the sudden my butt is really sore."

WONDER WOMAN & THE INVISIBLE MAN

Post 54 IP   flag post
601537 54 29
This topic is archived. Start new topic?