Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector BabaLament private msg quote post Address this user
Hi all! Just got some of my connecting covers framed, and they look sweet! Anyone else have some good-looking connecting cover goodness to show off?

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Wraith private msg quote post Address this user
Awesome.. I was just wondering how to do this myself.. Looks great
Post 2 IP   flag post
I’m sure whatever it was you got me was perfect. PhantomEwan private msg quote post Address this user
I have some connecting covers, but they are sketch covers and rated "R"
Post 3 IP   flag post
Can't tell on the images but looks like they are just in their bags worth boards and not behind glass ? Is that correct? How are they fixed in place
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector dfarrarjr private msg quote post Address this user
interested in these frames. where and how much?
thanks
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector donho private msg quote post Address this user
https://e3effa51eee72fd900e3-2fb779bd12ec72d4612275342f2c9187.ssl.cf1.rackcdn.com/86ada2c93e22a5d4cdbf68ad8cd964b8.jpg[/img]

Check these out. took forever to make them but I think these turned out well
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector donho private msg quote post Address this user

and one more
Post 7 IP   flag post
@Wraith I have a piece of plexi in front of the books, and the back has a piece of plastic w/ tabs to keep the books firmly against the front/plexi. They look great in person; I wasn't able to get a shot with no glare, but I'll have photos w/ them up on the wall soon enough.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabaLament
@Wraith I have a piece of plexi in front of the books, and the back has a piece of plastic w/ tabs to keep the books firmly against the front/plexi. They look great in person; I wasn't able to get a shot with no glare, but I'll have photos w/ them up on the wall soon enough.
they are still in their bags and boards though right? I recently bought my first connecting set with this red goblin run with the intent to display.. Trying to figure out best way to do it..
Post 9 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
The p&j of my newsstand collection, 9.8 set

Post 10 IP   flag post
@Wraith Yes, they are still bagged & boarded too. I’ll take more photos once I have them on the wall.
Post 11 IP   flag post
@dfarrarjr @Wraith I’m going to be selling them through my online store. I haven’t loaded the photos & prices yet b/c I’ve been crazy busy. However, since you’re interested, I’ll set up some more examples & get some wall photos too. I can’t disclose the source since I’m trying to lock up distribution rights for my area.

The breakdown for sizes & prices is as follows:

Single issue frame (Raw or Graded): $20
2 issue connecting cover frame (Raw): $35
3 issue connecting cover frame (Raw): $50
3 issue offset frame (Graded): $50
4 issue connecting cover frame (Raw): $60
4 issue in-line frame (Graded): $60
5 issue connecting cover frame (Raw): $75
6 issue connecting cover frame (Raw): $90
12 issue (3 horizontal/4 vertical, Graded or Raw): $250
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector Scorpion private msg quote post Address this user

Post 13 IP   flag post
@Scorpion Nice! Eight-part connecting covers are beautiful, but they hurt my soul; I haven’t figured out an inexpensive way to frame them. Even when framed, I have to put a small amount of matting material between each book to tape/hold it in place, which breaks up the art some. Eventually I’ll figure something out; I have the eight part Secret Wars & original Sin connecting sets that are just too beautiful to not display.
Post 14 IP   flag post
@shrewbeer The four issue in-line frame would work for those. I’ll set one up when I get home.
Post 15 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabaLament
@shrewbeer The four issue in-line frame would work for those. I’ll set one up when I get home.

Those look like Dave’s frames. Good stuff, good dude.

The graded ones are sweet. Drop-in from the top
Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Check out Batman 44...A/B variants look to be connecting covers...

I must have both.....<insert Homer Simpson drool meme>

'SOMETHING BLUE'! Follow Batman and Catwoman on two separate but parallel paths as their wedding planning kicks into high gear. Selina picks out her dress, and Bruce starts to make arrangements for their new life together-but this being Gotham City, and they being Batman and Catwoman, you can bet that nothing will go as expected!
Post 17 IP   flag post
@Drogio The red/green lighting to the Batman side of the cover gives me a pretty good idea as to who the wedding party crasher is going to be on his end; which is pretty much expected. Her side...purple/pink and blue? That’s usually Two-Face lighting, but I wasn’t aware of any big issues between Catwoman & Two-Face.
Post 18 IP   flag post
@shrewbeer Nope. They aren’t toploaders. I apologize for not getting things done last night, I’m crazy busy at work right now & balancing some personal medical stuff too. Feels like being a one armed, one legged lion tamer with a six inch whip & broken chair.
Post 19 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@BabaLament - Could it be HQ on the Catwoman side?
Post 20 IP   flag post
@esaravo Could be; I did not consider that. Would be neat to have some of the female rogues as bridesmaidS.
Post 21 IP   flag post
601502 21 21
This topic is archived. Start new topic?