Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

And the winner is....(red goblin debut)5764

Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Apparently marvel has officially announced issue 798 of ASM will be the first appearance of the red goblin.

This seems a bit odd to me...as how often does a publisher announce something like this...obviously they have been getting a little flack on dragging this out and the incentive covers having already shown the red goblin. So they must have felt compelled to let everyone know...

The other odd thing is after putting out ASM bi-weekly for a while...there's a month gap between 797 and 798...also must've played into them letting everyone know so shops can get their orders in NOW!!!!!

I got notices from Unknown Comics and Golden Apple comics to put your order in before pre-orders close tonight.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Yeah - sell as many books as possible.

Anyway - this is how I see it unfold

798 - cameo
799 - full
800 - death

Lol
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector comicsforme private msg quote post Address this user
I ordered 5 just in case.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Wraith private msg quote post Address this user
There are so many literally red ( and awesome) covers for 798 that I thought that was the case.
Post 4 IP   flag post
I am actually more looking forward to #800 than 798. It might be one of the few issues I will actually read.
Post 5 IP   flag post
"Forum Overlord" bah ha ha ha... JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
Yeah - sell as many books as possible.

Anyway - this is how I see it unfold

798 - cameo
799 - full
800 - death

Lol

801 - Rebirth
Post 6 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
I got the AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #798 ALEX ROSS VIRGIN VAR LEG 1:100 from Unknown Comics

and

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #799 Marvel Legacy 1:50 Ed McGuinness Variant Red Goblin from Golden Apple Comics.

Just one each. Like a normal person.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Wow$$$ Thats a house note.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Ross 1:500 $799.00 Wow
Post 9 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
didn't even see the 1:500
Post 10 IP   flag post
Sorry i think its on the ASM #800.One comes out ASM #800 b&w remastered variant 1:1000 $1999.99.Thats wild.Sanctum Comics Oddities.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Red Goblin is a fad...wait for re-intro of classic Grey Goblin
Post 12 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
How many color goblins can fill a marvel universe
Post 13 IP   flag post
I'm sticking with my crain trade dress variant.. Can't justify those $ on a yet to be printed comic, though it probably is a decent bet. ( plus I LOVE the 798 crain cover.. Up there with ross' 799 for best cover of the red goblin run)
Post 14 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid111

Going to guess it is directly dependent on how well sales of Red Goblin are.
The larger the sales the more colors will come in the future!

Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
Color blind people are going to accuse Marvel of lying.
Post 16 IP   flag post
If applying any logic then the next color should be yellow
Post 17 IP   flag post
Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
Apparently marvel has officially announced issue 798 of ASM will be the first appearance of the red goblin.

This seems a bit odd to me...as how often does a publisher announce something like this...obviously they have been getting a little flack on dragging this out and the incentive covers having already shown the red goblin. So they must have felt compelled to let everyone know...

The other odd thing is after putting out ASM bi-weekly for a while...there's a month gap between 797 and 798...also must've played into them letting everyone know so shops can get their orders in NOW!!!!!

I got notices from Unknown Comics and Golden Apple comics to put your order in before pre-orders close tonight.

Not odd at all, Marvel is milking his 1st app for all they can, this book is going to be ordered very heavily.

Doesn't matter if it is #798,actually... the orders for ASM have ramped up for the past few issues....this is not a book that was under ordered like Totally Awesome Hulk # 22.

And Marvel announced with an extra 2 week lag so shops could order more copies.

Oh yeah, and the RG has had about a dozen cover appearances via variants so to those paying premiums for variants now, it's your money but....

https://giphy.com/gifs/college-field-study-YJjvTqoRFgZaM
Post 18 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid111
Don't forget this one, ASM #800. Remastered variant 1:10,000 $10999.99. Death Dealer vs Green Goblin. Another Frazetta classic!

Post 19 IP   flag post
Too many variants for issue 798. I have a hard time believing any are going to be worth investing in. Going to stick with cover A. I ordered a young guns too, but not crazy about the cover now that it's been released. So will probably flip that one.

I do like the Crain cover, but judging by how my ASM 796 order has played out so far I'm guessing I wouldn't even see the 798 comic exposure variant puntil the reboot after 801. So I'm sticking with 796 and telling myself it's technically the first appearance.

BTW, looks like more copies of 796 became available, but comic exposure bumped the price up to $69 (from $45, likely to match eBays going prices).
Post 20 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user

Post 21 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
Too many variants for issue 798. I have a hard time believing any are going to be worth investing in. Going to stick with cover A. I ordered a young guns too, but not crazy about the cover now that it's been released. So will probably flip that one.

I do like the Crain cover, but judging by how my ASM 796 order has played out so far I'm guessing I wouldn't even see the 798 comic exposure variant puntil the reboot after 801. So I'm sticking with 796 and telling myself it's technically the first appearance.

BTW, looks like more copies of 796 became available, but comic exposure bumped the price up to $69 (from $45, likely to match eBays going prices).
h

Agreed - cover A
Post 22 IP   flag post
I ordered a few covers of that.A virgin would have been nice
Post 23 IP   flag post
If you're going to put money into a variant cover, this one might be the one to do it. 10% of proceeds go to charity. Not a "goblin" cover, but an interesting one nonetheless.

Post 24 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGJackster

I got that one but virgin art
Post 25 IP   flag post

I also got that one too but it has a spine chip from production I guess

sad face
Post 26 IP   flag post
What do you think the odds are of getting these cheaper in a year or two? I really want the virgin xposure cover but I've already spent quite a bit on this story arc..

In my cart but I'm on the fence
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector Oxbladder private msg quote post Address this user
The Red Who now?
Post 28 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraith
What do you think the odds are of getting these cheaper in a year or two? I really want the virgin xposure cover but I've already spent quite a bit on this story arc..

In my cart but I'm on the fence

Odds are in your favor, unless a movie gets announced...doubt that will happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxbladder
The Red Who now?

Back to hibernating. You didn't miss anything...
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector ComicHaulics private msg quote post Address this user
My favorite is still the Dodson variant. Preordered the regular cover as well as a few of these:

Post 30 IP   flag post
601502 195 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?