Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Joined The Club Steverogers11 private msg quote post Address this user
Downhill from here I guess. Hope everyone has a great weekend
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Bontchimuz private msg quote post Address this user
Feel ya dude. Turned 40 last September. Time to get some adult diapers....
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector sly private msg quote post Address this user
40 is great. The best has yet to come
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Watcher private msg quote post Address this user
lol...40 was the last year I maintained any real endurance or strength....the last 10 have been far better than the first 40 regarding life in general , but man....physically, its hard to let go of
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Bontchimuz private msg quote post Address this user
Yeah I have been active in sports, gym and just good old physical labor enjoying installing my stone walkways and stone fences etc.

It has started to wear on me. lower back issues, strength loss, LOW T lol....

My comic collection never been better tho....
Post 5 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
I just turned 60 a couple weeks ago.

Advice: physical activity and lay off the fast foods.

except pizza
Post 6 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Walking. Sitting. Standing. Drink bourbon, eat burgers, and lots of juice in between. That's the secret.

Post 7 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bontchimuz
Feel ya dude. Turned 40 last September. Time to get some adult diapers....

For me 31 seemed like the real milestone.

Turning 30 still felt like I was in my twenties but 31 just seemed to make a real difference. That is when my twenties were behind me for good.

I am in my 40s now and 40 did not seem like a big deal.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
I still feel young 'between the ears', but nowhere below them.
Post 9 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@Steverogers11 - It’s just a number. Hell I’m going to turn 58 pretty soon. But looking at comics that I remember buying and reading when I was a kid makes me relive those memories and I feel a little bit younger.
PS - Happy Birthday! I hope you bought a nice comic for yourself.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector comicsforme private msg quote post Address this user
I just hit 52 in Jan thats when you can start filling the pain.My grandma passed last year and was still panting her house by her self.Tough lady.Was 99.Cancer
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector Watcher private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by comicsforme
I just hit 52 in Jan thats when you can start filling the pain.My grandma passed last year and was still panting her house by her self.Tough lady.Was 99.Cancer

sorry for your loss...but hopefully you got some of those good genes and get to see 100..becasue your books should be worth a ton by then
Post 12 IP   flag post
Thanks and yes i have a hand full of comics but the wife is not so happy but understanding.We just hit 25yrs on Valentine's day.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector det_tobor private msg quote post Address this user
Turning 40 was over 20 years ago for me. Be aware of potential knee problems over time. Health issues can affect everything else.
Keep lighting those cake candles.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Joined The Club Steverogers11 private msg quote post Address this user
Gonna go c panther tonight. So that will b a good present
Post 15 IP   flag post
Give me your reviews.
Post 16 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
I felt capable of anything and everything, until the age of 48. Slowed a little until 50. Then lost a lot of my confidence and subsequently stopped trying. Quit sports and quit working (retired).

Now at almost 65, I am looking forward to that long goodnight. Won't make it happen. But actually looking forward to a good looooong sleep.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
Just turned 60 and got a new hip Tuesday. Modern medicine is amazing. 40 was a brick wall, but fortunately I had finished building and (most) fencing by then, not finished building the pile of keys though. Gonna switch to short boxes soon though. Only pays to be so stubborn for awhile.
Fortunately when you are old you have lots more money, that’s a fun thing too, comics wise.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by conditionfreak
I felt capable of anything and everything, until the age of 48. Slowed a little until 50. Then lost a lot of my confidence and subsequently stopped trying. Quit sports and quit working (retired).

Now at almost 65, I am looking forward to that long goodnight. Won't make it happen. But actually looking forward to a good looooong sleep.

THAT is the easy part. The hard part is what happens if at some future time you wake up?
Post 19 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Just turned 44 myself 5 days ago...used to be I got injuries from sports or goofing around...now I have rotator cuff tendonitis from sitting at a desk all day long (doesn't help that I'm also at one right now!!).

Could stand to lose a few pounds but for now at least I can out pace my 10yr old, gonna see if I can keep up with him for another 5 years then give him the physical edge....I'll have to start playing smarter/dirtier after that!!
Post 20 IP   flag post
Collector Lonestar private msg quote post Address this user
From the posts in this thread, I'm older than @Steverogers11 @Bontchimuz @Watcher @drchaos @comicsforme and @KatKomics

And I'm younger than @Pre_Coder @esaravo @det_tobor @conditionfreak and @doog
Post 21 IP   flag post
I played basketball almost every day and I can't tell you how many times someone would say "you are the luckiest guy".

But it wasn't luck, or even skill. It was smarts. I played smarter than those 20 year olds. And, unlike most players, I didn't try to be the star or hero all of the time. I did what was needed. Be it expending all of my energy in shutting down a certain player, passing, or scoring. Whatever it took for US to win. Not what it took for me to look good.

Most players want to be the star. ESPECIALLY on public playgrounds.

This relates to the subject because when you get older and you lose a step or two. It ain't over. You just have to use what you have accumulated over the many years. Things those younger guys haven't had time to absorb yet.

Of course, being 6'8" and gifted isn't anything to sneeze at. But how many of us are 6'8" and gifted?

Forty is not where the downhill slide begins. The average person should be good until at least 50. And many go beyond that.

I will tell you this though. The first thing I saw change due to age, was foot placement awareness. You know how you can go quickly down some stairs without even looking at the stairs? You just know where they are. I lost that at about the mid 40's. I had to look at the stairs as I went down quickly.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by conditionfreak
when you get older and you lose a step or two. It ain't over. You just have to use what you have accumulated over the many years. Things those younger guys haven't had time to absorb yet.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks.....but you can fool a new dog with old tricks
Post 23 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
I was legal at everything when I turned 18, so that's when my downhill decline began.
Post 24 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
There's a long list of people who never made their lasting mark on history until their 80's.
Post 25 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51
There's a long list of people who never made their lasting mark on history until their 80's.

Some people didn't start acting until they were in their 80s.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Harland Sanders started KFC at age 62. The business failed and a few years later he started it up again.

Amazingly he sold it for two million dollars. But kept the rights to the franchises in Canada for himself, and became a paid spokesman for the U.S. market at the same time.

He did not like what the buyers of the U.S. market did with "his" restaurant. He thought they let the quality go down.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector dpiercy private msg quote post Address this user
I didn’t really feel any loss of endurance or strength until I hit 45 and then some cardiovascular problems emerged for me.

I was running 20 miles a week until that happened though!
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
I used to run warm like a portable heating device, but I've noticed I'm feeling cold a lot more.
Post 29 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Foghorn_Sam private msg quote post Address this user
Happy Birthday!!!
I used to think 40 was old, now it's when I was younger!
Post 30 IP   flag post
601520 49 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?