Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Captain Marvel, Monica Rambeau5251

Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
Just picked these 2 copies of Monica Rambeau(Captain Marvel) first appearances at a comic book show today on the cheap. She is supposed to have a role in the Captain Marvel movie. Any one else on board with this spec?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Bump. Curious what you guys think.
Post 2 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@BrianGreensnips - I think you made a smart choice. I was looking at the value/cost for an ASM Annual #5 and was surprised at the asking prices for several of the “newer” annuals, particularly #16. Asking prices on ebay (not sold prices) for graded 9.6 or better are all over $150. I may have to put my copy in my ever-growing “to be graded” pile now.
Post 3 IP   flag post
@esaravo The newstand copy is definitely worthy of slabbing. Thanks for the reply.
Post 4 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
I saw one newstand CGC 9.8 on ebay with Stan Lee’s sig and both Romita’s (and a small sketch) that has an asking price of $3,500! They might actually get offers, because 4 people were watching. Crazy. (Or maybe they are just watching to see if it sells so they can try to get their copies signed).
Post 5 IP   flag post
That is crazy.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector Gabriel85301 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianGreensnips
Just picked these 2 copies of Monica Rambeau(Captain Marvel) first appearances at a comic book show today on the cheap. She is supposed to have a role in the Captain Marvel movie. Any one else on board with this spec?

DeWanda Wise was hired to play an undisclosed supporting part.

Everyone is thinking Monica Rambeau. Personally, *I THINK* the character Wise will play will somehow be romantically linked to Nick Fury, but won't be Rambeau, but that is just my sentiment.

Whatever the case maybe, still good pickups, hopefully one of us is right.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel85301
Quote:

Everyone is thinking Monica Rambeau. Personally, *I THINK* the character Wise will play will somehow be romantically linked to Nick Fury, but won't be Rambeau, but that is just my sentiment.

Good info. I will look into that. Thanks
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector Gabriel85301 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel85301
Quote:

Good info. I will look into that. Thanks

I had a late night brain fart. Totally forgot about Pulsar/Spectrum. You might be on to something. I still think Nick Fury will be tied to her in someway.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector ComicHaulics private msg quote post Address this user
We picked up a couple of copies this weekend when we heard the news as well. It's a cheap spec book for sure
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector Watcher private msg quote post Address this user
just grabbed one at my LCS for 4.00 just in case ....
Post 11 IP   flag post
The newstand copy which is really clean cost me $6.probably a 9.6 candidate and the other one for $4. Probably around a 8.5 So for $10. I think it was worth it.
Post 12 IP   flag post
601479 12 12
This topic is archived. Start new topic?