Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Shipped to the Wrong Person?5191

CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
@Thanatos They are aware of the package and will check into it first thing in the morning.
Someone from Customer Service will contact you when they have more info.
Post 51 IP   flag post
And since I'm here, I'll add that CBCS has private insurance for packages. We do not rely on carrier insurance and *if* they will pay out or not.
Post 52 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you, @SteveRicketts.

This kind of direct communication is what sets CBCS apart.
Post 53 IP   flag post
Just trying to help.
Post 54 IP   flag post
Collector Thanatos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts
@Thanatos They are aware of the package and will check into it first thing in the morning.

Thank you @SteveRicketts, I truly appreciate the response. I was definitely freaking out Friday night hahaha
Post 55 IP   flag post

Collector comic_book_man private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMan
As for FedEx, UPS and collectibles. Let me be clear. FedEx and UPS do NOT like collectibles. UPS has some language about not providing insurance coverage on items where most of the value is based on collectibility. FedEx limits coverage to $1000. You cannot count on the person behind the counter knowing the rules. But you can count on any adjuster settling the claim knowing.

Correct.

Quote:
And since I'm here, I'll add that CBCS has private insurance for packages. We do not rely on carrier insurance and *if* they will pay out or not.

That's what I thought, is it https://collectinsure.com/ ?
Post 56 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
brahs i been saying this is an insured and bonded company you don't have to worry about insurance issues and our books
Post 57 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
Remember that time CGC sent THREE copies of Amazing Fantasy 15 to the wrong guy?

Yes! And I still have two of 'em.
Post 58 IP   flag post
Collector DocBrown private msg quote post Address this user

Post 59 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedsaid
Quote:
Remember that time CGC sent THREE copies of Amazing Fantasy 15 to the wrong guy?

LOL! For reals, though, that happened.
Post 60 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Seriously? Oh, my god, what a screw-up. I totally thought you were kidding!
Post 61 IP   flag post
I'm trying to find the old thread, but they posted pics & all.

I guess as a thank you for reporting the screw up, the guy got quite a few free submissions. Hundreds of dollars worth, but still a fraction of what they would have paid out of pocket otherwise.
Post 62 IP   flag post

Post 63 IP   flag post
Ima gonna steal this and look for some occasion to use it! IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by comic_book_man
Quote:
As for FedEx, UPS and collectibles. Let me be clear. FedEx and UPS do NOT like collectibles. UPS has some language about not providing insurance coverage on items where most of the value is based on collectibility. FedEx limits coverage to $1000. You cannot count on the person behind the counter knowing the rules. But you can count on any adjuster settling the claim knowing.

Correct.

Quote:

That's what I thought, is it https://collectinsure.com/ ?

That is who my private shipping insurance is through. And many other collectors and dealers. I have no idea who CBCS uses for private shipping insurance. CBCS would be shipping way, way more packages than the average dealer or collector. With some at very high values. So it seems likely their carrier might be someone else.
Post 64 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Does anyone here remember the title of the thread where the person shared the Amazing Fantasy 15 mix-up I'm referring to?

It was in the CGC forum maybe a year ago & someone shared it here.

I've been searching for a while to find it.
Post 65 IP   flag post
Collector comic_book_man private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

That is who my private shipping insurance is through. And many other collectors and dealers. I have no idea who CBCS uses for private shipping insurance. CBCS would be shipping way, way more packages than the average dealer or collector. With some at very high values. So it seems likely their carrier might be someone else.

Very good point.
Post 66 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Does anyone here remember the title of the thread where the person shared the Amazing Fantasy 15 mix-up I'm referring to?

It was in the CGC forum maybe a year ago & someone shared it here.

I've been searching for a while to find it.

Is this the one?
Post 67 IP   flag post
That's it! Thanks, @Pre_Coder!
Post 68 IP   flag post
Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer
Quote:
CBCS most certainly has their own private shipping insurance for FedEx or they are self insured.

Theres good reason why CBCS’s shipping rates are rough. +1 up on them over CGC for insuring books to our doorstep, I had no idea CGC only insured to $100!!

This is not correct.

If you select UPS Ground, you are insured for up to $100....that's what you get when you pay $10 for shipping, in total.If you have private insurance or it is just a low dollar slab, this is a fine option.

If you select another shipping option which costs more, that comes with the fitting amount of insurance, for a higher dollar value slab(s).
Post 69 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanatos
Quote:

Thank you @SteveRicketts, I truly appreciate the response. I was definitely freaking out Friday night hahaha

@Thanatos Would like to know what actually happened....did you get it straightened out?
Post 70 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanatos
Quote:

@Thanatos Would like to know what actually happened....did you get it straightened out?

I contacted Jake this morning and someone named Kim had taken care of it with FedEx this morning. Supposedly when it arrives at the next FedEx hub it will be rerouted to me.

Tracking still shows it "In Transit" from Fort Stockton, TX so we'll see.
Post 71 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
cool beans hope it works out my brother from another mother
Post 72 IP   flag post

Post 73 IP   flag post
Watch...you will end up with someone else's comics as they just accidentally switched your tracking numbers (data entry error)...and also watch them reroute the comics that were heading your house to the other destination!
Post 74 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
Watch...you will end up with someone else's comics as they just accidentally switched your tracking numbers (data entry error)...and also watch them reroute the comics that were heading your house to the other destination!

Post 75 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
If you get the wrong comics, at least let them be AF #15's, lol.
Post 76 IP   flag post
Update: Comics original delivery date was today and despite CBCS putting in the address change request 3 days ago it still made it all the way to Las Vegas, NV today before the recipient address was updated by FedEx. Expected delivery date is now 16 Jan 18

Today, I am a sad panda.
Post 77 IP   flag post
Sounds like my experience with toys r us this past holiday season....ordered a toy online for my child...45 minutes later found something better so went to cancel the order...TRU websites states you can cancel your order within 1 hour...despite having 15 minutes on the deadline the option to cancel the order was not provided...called them up, was on hold for 20 minutes....person on the phone says they can't guarantee they can top shipment but they'll flag it...3 days later it ships...I didn't care, i was trying to save them from wasting money shipping it and have to take it back. Whatever.

On the other side the replacement toy I ordered was 2 day priority per the item description ...bought it on eBay...person sends it parcel post and it made it Saturday evening, the 23rd.just in time for Xmas....took 7 days to go 500 miles.

Anyway...fun shipping tales...
Post 78 IP   flag post
Wow u guys have bad luck on ebay. I've had maybe 2-3 people that were super hard to deal with out of all my transactions.
Post 79 IP   flag post
Generally my experiences are good. I'd say I get one or two odd balls in 100. One guy advertised a comic as a 9.8 and it came riddled with spine ticks...I stopped counting at 40. Tried to blame it on USPS, despite being well packaged. Didn't want to accept a return...claimed if he accepted terms he'd make no money...it was a $10 item. I told him if he sold books he was honest about the is grade he wouldn't have this problem.
Post 80 IP   flag post
601455 133 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?