Quote:
Originally Posted by X51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan510
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51
Quote:
People who wear their sarcastic personality like a badge of honor is a pet peeve of mine. Oh well.

Sarcasm is associated with creativity and higher intelligence. LOL!

https://www.elitedaily.com/life/culture/sarcastic-people-proven-smarter/792826
http://www.medicaldaily.com/sarcastic-much-intelligence-wit-and-creativity-all-linked-sarcasm-study-suggests-344808
https://news.harvard.edu/gazette/story/2015/07/go-ahead-be-sarcastic/
http://www.lifehack.org/303037/researchers-find-3-reasons-sarcastic-people-are-more-intelligent

People who are offended are typically amazed to discover that they can insult me and I don't care. I've received caustic responses and then I give the people tips on how to insult me better.

Here's an actual comment I made at work:

Female boss: "Remember everyone, we're having a free catered lunch tomorrow on Ron."
Me: "He might not like that, I think we should use paper plates that."

It's usually a training process for me. People that hate me upon meeting me usually have a transformation and treat me like I'm the funniest person they ever met after about 6 months to a year. I'm quite predictable. After awhile people can read my mind and I don't have to say anything. Everyone else will start laughing because they know what I'll say.

Your reaction is quite common. People who socialize without it find it to be rude. Conversation without it bores me. I got it from my mother. I got silliness from my dad.

Oh, I understand sarcasm perfectly fine, I just find it played out. Everyone is sarcastic now and many people think it makes them "funny" or "unique"...unique just like everyone else lol.

I don't say I'm unique or funny, but everyone else does. When I go on break, the head of our test depart calls me the Messiah and everyone who listens to me are my followers. Not my words.. they are his. Again though, I don't care about criticisms or insults. I don't go through life looking for validation.

Not a criticism or an insult, sorry if you took it that way.

Just not a big fan.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51
Quote:
People who wear their sarcastic personality like a badge of honor is a pet peeve of mine. Oh well.

Sarcasm is associated with creativity and higher intelligence. LOL!

https://www.elitedaily.com/life/culture/sarcastic-people-proven-smarter/792826
http://www.medicaldaily.com/sarcastic-much-intelligence-wit-and-creativity-all-linked-sarcasm-study-suggests-344808
https://news.harvard.edu/gazette/story/2015/07/go-ahead-be-sarcastic/
http://www.lifehack.org/303037/researchers-find-3-reasons-sarcastic-people-are-more-intelligent

People who are offended are typically amazed to discover that they can insult me and I don't care. I've received caustic responses and then I give the people tips on how to insult me better.

Here's an actual comment I made at work:

Female boss: "Remember everyone, we're having a free catered lunch tomorrow on Ron."
Me: "He might not like that, I think we should use paper plates that."

It's usually a training process for me. People that hate me upon meeting me usually have a transformation and treat me like I'm the funniest person they ever met after about 6 months to a year. I'm quite predictable. After awhile people can read my mind and I don't have to say anything. Everyone else will start laughing because they know what I'll say.

Your reaction is quite common. People who socialize without it find it to be rude. Conversation without it bores me. I got it from my mother. I got silliness from my dad.

Oh, I understand sarcasm perfectly fine, I just find it played out. Everyone is sarcastic now and many people think it makes them "funny" or "unique"...unique just like everyone else lol.

I don't say I'm unique or funny, but everyone else does. When I go on break, the head of our test depart calls me the Messiah and everyone who listens to me are my followers. Not my words.. they are his. Again though, I don't care about criticisms or insults. I don't go through life looking for validation.

Not a criticism or an insult, sorry if you took it that way.

Just not a big fan.

That's cool. It's a communication tool and I wouldn't use it if it didn't serve a function. Actually, I didn't intend on derailing the thread.

Back to Aspergers Syndrome. The girl I know likes to write poetry and she's written a couple of self-published books.
Post 27 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
I knew one guy that (said) he had the assburgers. He was totally incapable of empathy, just totally clueless about everyone’s feelings around him.

He could be eating a big meal in front of his hungry kids and not think twice about it. The wife told me that one. Or me (his boss) yelling to do something with urgency (actual emergencies!) while he moseys along at a snails pace. I once said to him after such a situation “does your mind race when I yell, because your body certainly doesnt”. He just shrugged. Stuff like that.

Divorced now, and the kids hate him. Its unfortunate.
Post 28 IP   flag post
The irony here is that calling it "assburgers" somewhat lacks empathy. I'm actually laughing about that.

Divorce is inevitable for a lot of people. You can't blame that on a medical condition. People marry for the wrong reasons and they don't really know themselves sometimes.
Post 29 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51
The irony here is that calling it "assburgers" somewhat lacks empathy. I'm actually laughing about that

Its a south park thing

http://southpark.cc.com/clips/912pcu/theres-a-disease-called-ass-burgers
Post 30 IP   flag post

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51
The irony here is that calling it "assburgers" somewhat lacks empathy. I'm actually laughing about that

Its a south park thing

http://southpark.cc.com/clips/912pcu/theres-a-disease-called-ass-burgers

It's "not currently available".
Post 31 IP   flag post
Collector David_Kent private msg quote post Address this user
What about the joker or Riddler? I wonder if they could have aspergers?
Post 32 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDoctor1989
What about the joker or Riddler? I wonder if they could have aspergers?

I don't think so.
Do you think of yourself as evil?
Post 33 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Some people call me crazy but I know I'm only mad!!
Post 34 IP   flag post
No I don't think of myself as evil!
Post 35 IP   flag post

Post 36 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDoctor1989
No I don't think of myself as evil!

Well that's a relief
Post 37 IP   flag post
I just saw one of the episodes of the new duck tales!
Post 38 IP   flag post
https://youtu.be/gP0Neif7Y4E
Post 39 IP   flag post
Here is the link for one of the episodes.
Post 40 IP   flag post
He sounds like a vegan who wants real mayonnaise to be vegan friendly. Instant_Subtitles private msg quote post Address this user
@TheDoctor1989 Yo. (^o^)/ Only here to answer this. Not anything comic book related. I will only return to that the moment Marvel does a full-blown reboot that works. Anywho...

I was diagnosed in 2004 while visiting a group therapist. The first round of tests in hopes of obtaining SSI resulted in me being rejected due to my level of intelligence, not the factors ties to the reason why I was applying in the first place. The follow-up had me be tested at UCLA's psychology department. I remember that one of my solo trips there allowed me to visit Jay and Silent Bob's Secret Stash -- Which is now closed. I bought a signed copy of 'Chasing Dogma' and that became my only purchased item there.

It was not until 2011, a lawyer my cousin helped me acquire, and a therapist I was seeing that helped me win my second attempt. This was a huge relief because the state paid for my training, and I'd probably be working if they put me into something art related, and not office related training. After that, I managed to do a few hypnotherapy sessions. The first one worked to a different degree, as it managed to unlocked a part of my brain that has me be the person I am today. And partially forget what I was like before then.

Research-wise, I have found three genetic relatives that have similar symptoms.

- The eldest being Charles Altamont Doyle. Reports dictate that he has suffered from depression, with reasons tied to his failings as an artist. From what it sounds like, he had similar symptoms to what I deal with: Hardship in knowing why a project has failed, anxiety on trying to find that successful route, and the need to shut out anything that tone down or shut off any functions that trigger any major forms of anxiety. In his case, he was drinking to the point some might say he was Nicholas Cage in 'Leaving Las Vegas'. And that his violent breakout was due to a major league anxiety attack.

- This being followed up with his son, Arthur Conan Doyle. The way he wrote Sherlock Holmes also gives some type of insight on who he was. There is even a book that has a pair of "investigators" trying to claim that he was Jack the Ripper, and used what is an apparent case of anxiety being one of their reasons. But in truth, a lot of his psychological patterns -- both good and bad -- pinpoint that he inherited this condition from his father. And while not prone to signs of anxiety outside of Sherlock Holmes' success, he also expressed behavioral traits similar to what I currently experience.

- And the last connection being my own father. But there is not much to say about him right now.

So pretty much, I am trying to learn form their success and failures, while facing a currently ongoing environment that has been accurately detailed on Wikipedia. And has me hope to find a means of changing environments, as for some it alleviates anxiety and sparks ongoing intellectual challenges to the point one can become mentally exhausted, as well create a business format to maintain that change.

So I hope that answers your question, as well as helps in some way. And I would say more, but... I feel compelled to suggest 'The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya' to you. With two words explaining why: Bad. Wolf.
Post 41 IP   flag post
Thanks that was very informative instant subtitles.
Post 42 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Very insightful and informative.
Post 43 IP   flag post
Yeah this one lady one of my grandmas care givers she noticed the first day I met her, I only have her eye contact for a second whereas the second day I gave her more eye contact because I was more comfortable around her. But yeah she could tell I had aspergers she is like "oh that makes sense".
Post 44 IP   flag post
Collector Redshade private msg quote post Address this user
I have heart disease, lungs congesting with emphysema and failing kidneys.

Asperger's would be a luxury for me.
Post 45 IP   flag post
We all have a cross to bear.
Post 46 IP   flag post
And my grandma's caregiver's ex boyfriend had aspergers
Post 47 IP   flag post
She told me he was obsessed about playing a flight simulator. And I guess he didn't pay her much attention.
Post 48 IP   flag post
I play a few video games myself.
Post 49 IP   flag post
Same here I'm currently playing Batman Arkham Knight.
Post 50 IP   flag post
https://psnprofiles.com/kaptainmyke
Post 51 IP   flag post
Nice assortment of games you played kaptain! I want to get the sherlock Holmes game Devils Daughter.
Post 52 IP   flag post
It's good.
Post 53 IP   flag post
It looks really good.
Post 54 IP   flag post
It is.
Post 55 IP   flag post
601464 55 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?