Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

X-Men #1 Newsstand Grail4896

Collector BabaLament private msg quote post Address this user
Shrewbeer, what information do you think a "nostalgia, *not* graded" slab label would have on it? Publisher, pub. date, title?
Post 51 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Couldn’t you just submit any comic for an “Art” label?
Post 52 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
Couldn’t you just submit any comic for an “Art” label?

I think you are correct, I wonder how custom one can describe their “Art”...
Post 53 IP   flag post
So a label w/ Title, Publisher, and "Cover Art: (Enter Artist Here), Interior Art: (Enter Artist(s) Here)"?
Post 54 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
@shrewbeer Was thinking of you when I saw this one

https://www.ebay.com/itm/X-men-1-cgc-9-8-1991-four-variants-signed-by-Stan-Lee-and-Jim-lee/152819039357?hash=item2394b97c7d:g:gx8AAOSw-jFZ7zPr
Post 55 IP   flag post

Quote:
Originally Posted by poka

https://www.ebay.com/itm/X-men-1-cgc-9-8-1991-four-variants-signed-by-Stan-Lee-and-Jim-lee/152819039357?hash=item2394b97c7d:g:gx8AAOSw-jFZ7zPr

...and when you get done laughing, you can pick these up for a hell of a lot less, and get Stan Lee to sign them at a Con.:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/X-Men-1-1991-Complete-Set-CBCS-9-6-All-Signed-by-Chris-Claremont/222589499950?hash=item33d35e3a2e:g:4cgAAOSwdc5ZctMU
Post 56 IP   flag post
@BabaLament but - hey - most of them are only 9.6!!! - I am sure that is the price difference
Post 57 IP   flag post
*sigh* I just sold a ton of Uncanny X-Men; a bunch of key's, and I'm downright reasonable on price. Seeing such insanely overpriced books, and knowing that occasionally there is a fool so desperate to be parted from their money...I just wish honest folk (which I'm assuming most of the people on this board are) were able to turn a just profit, rather than people getting reamed by some jerk.
Post 58 IP   flag post
Quote:
@BabaLament but - hey - most of them are only 9.6!!! - I am sure that is the price difference

not to forget they are signed by Stan and retained 9.8 which is a bit of an achievement (all hats off for Stan for keep signing even taken circumstances into account)
Post 59 IP   flag post
Collector NoahSult private msg quote post Address this user
Still not worth 5000$. Stans signature is only worth one to two hundred bucks. And let’s not forget these are the most massively over printed comics in the industries history.
Post 60 IP   flag post
Collector DocBrown private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahSult
Still not worth 5000$. Stans signature is only worth one to two hundred bucks. And let’s not forget these are the most massively over printed comics in the industries history.

You can get a lot of Stan signed books already slabbed for less than $100. Neat books, but worth about $300-$400, I would say, not $5,000. The single most common comic book that exists.

And it's not even a full set!
Post 61 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabaLament
Quote:

...and when you get done laughing, you can pick these up for a hell of a lot less, and get Stan Lee to sign them at a Con.:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/X-Men-1-1991-Complete-Set-CBCS-9-6-All-Signed-by-Chris-Claremont/222589499950?hash=item33d35e3a2e:g:4cgAAOSwdc5ZctMU

Lol! Good ol useless direct editions

We could all use them as toilet paper for the rest of our lives and still never run out.

I suppose some people value the StanP more than tP though. Good luck to the seller, good for him if they sell 🎄
Post 62 IP   flag post
Quote:

It was said with a smile!
Post 63 IP   flag post
Collector NoahSult private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

It was said with a smile!

Oh I know, just wanted to let anyone who didn’t that that was a terrible deal.
Post 64 IP   flag post
601466 64 14
This topic is archived. Start new topic?