Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Good Morty Thead Redux- PLEASE Be Civil4650

Collector IntoAnother private msg quote post Address this user
As you as you can see, it’s appears from her response that they reproduced them themselves.

Whether they were given permission to print them has yet to be determined, but I’m not sure I can determine that. It also may be a mystery for some time on how many they made/distributed.
Post 201 IP   flag post
Captain Corrector CaptainCanuck private msg quote post Address this user
Yes, notice how she said "we have no plans to reproduce these at this stage".

Also, if you look at the image of the Madmen version in the eBay listing, Morty's skin tone on the cover of the Madmen version is closer to that of the bootleg version.
Post 202 IP   flag post
Collector IntoAnother private msg quote post Address this user
Yeah, her wording isn’t exactly comforting.

I sent a follow up email that is a bit more blunt. I see no reason why they would refuse to disclose that information unless something was off.
Post 203 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Very interesting.
Post 204 IP   flag post
Collector Scorpion private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
If you read in my article at http://www.kaptainmyke.com/comics/goodmorty/goodmorty.htm , For you, @shrewbeer , I acknowledge and admit my 2 staple copy sent off for grading is fake. You were right, brah. *chest bump* *butt smack* *double high 5*

great write up by the way.
your article said,
" This set has Jerry’s feet displayed.Other copies Jerry’s feet is missing.Those are fakes too, because originally that layer had a bluray sticker going across his feet.This particular cover on the slip case however shows the couch walking off the ground as well"

clickable text go down
Post 205 IP   flag post

Collector dpiercy private msg quote post Address this user
This book looks more and more like something CBCS wouldn't normally grade as it is like an underground/facsimile book that is easy to reproduce.
Post 206 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
@Scorpion Thanks I updated with the image and gave you credit for the ultraviolet label.

@dpiercy That's the entire reason why I made such a detailed writeup. It's easy to tell fakes now using these guidelines. I don't see why they wouldn't grade them?
Post 207 IP   flag post
Collector dpiercy private msg quote post Address this user
@kaptainmyke yah, but the point being, when even the originals look like a FedEx facsimile, why grade them?
Post 208 IP   flag post
Collector KiloGraham private msg quote post Address this user
I just dropped mine off to be signed at Rhode Island.

Post 209 IP   flag post
ooooooo this should get interesting
Post 210 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpiercy
@kaptainmyke yah, but the point being, when even the originals look like a FedEx facsimile, why grade them?

nah brah you can totally tell the originals from the fakes now. it's easy just to eyeball them now at this point

I bet you anything that Steve looked at my article and is/will be considering all of those details when he compares the two sent to him. Guaranteed.
Post 211 IP   flag post
@shrewbeer here the tracking # USPS
Tracking Number: 9405511899560827563436 for the 2 good morty that went out

clickable text
Post 212 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
OK so now what are the odds that my two staple book is real 😁
Post 213 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer
OK so now what are the odds that my two staple book is real 😁

zero.
Post 214 IP   flag post
I just picked up all three "variants" out of my PO Box, pictures coming. They are all different, but yes, both of the double staple books are obviously fake
Post 215 IP   flag post
OK people, here are the three bastards in a lineup. The biggest tell on the good morty, is that on the real one his hair is BROWN and on the fakes it is BLACK, and obviously the real has a single staple while the fake has two.

In ALL these pictures, the real one is in the middle. The darkest morty comes from the fake DVD, while the lightest morty comes from the fake bluray.

Enjoy 🍺

Post 216 IP   flag post
Very well done.
Post 217 IP   flag post
I'm going to borrow some of your images, too Jake
Post 218 IP   flag post
Take what you like 🍺
Post 219 IP   flag post
If I forgot about anyone during this investigation in my article, please speak up!

I would like to thank CBCS forum members IntoAnother, shrewbeer, jimmylinguini, Waddly and CBCS presser Steve Ricketts for all their efforts in trying to figure this mess out.
Post 220 IP   flag post
I've had 3 people in the last 24 hrs email me with questions, and some are new registrations on this forum because of this article and our ongoing investigation! Some have been paying the $200 for fake copies. This is madness!
Post 221 IP   flag post
It's been a really fun thread/trip. I'd hate to be the guy holding that $200 bag, unfortunately we know there are plenty of them.... A moment of silence for our porked comrades 😞

We are oh-so-close to concluding, but Its not *entirely over; as Steve's yet to weigh in on his insights.
Post 222 IP   flag post
we cracked it wide open and did all the legwork for Steve now, brah
Post 223 IP   flag post
Oh yeah the legwork is done for sure; there's really no doubt.

Your article keeps getting longer, and better as well, GREAT work putting that together man
Post 224 IP   flag post
Thanks yeah I updated it today a little bit. The format was eye straining as well.
Post 225 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer
It's been a really fun thread/trip. I'd hate to be the guy holding that $200 bag, unfortunately we know there are plenty of them.... A moment of silence for our porked comrades 😞

We are oh-so-close to concluding, but Its not *entirely over; as Steve's yet to weigh in on his insights.

yes cant Waite, to see what he say about this. @kaptainmyke great write up ,
Post 226 IP   flag post
Collector Garnett21k private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Guys!

Just wanted to say how awesome of a job by everyone in cracking this case wide open! Been creeping since the beginning, but finally registered and able to post! Way to gather plenty of evidence! I love the side by side comparisons! It definitely helps tremendously! I really enjoy the theories as well! This has been both very informative and entertaining! Great write-up, KaptainMyke!

Shrewbeer, showing those 3 side by side really helps show the real one vs the fakes! Nice!
Post 227 IP   flag post
Collector Garnett21k private msg quote post Address this user
I bought one off Ebay (which now I'm convinced it fake)on 10/14 and sent it off to CGC as soon as I got it on 10/16. CGC got it on 10/18. I did FastTrack Modern. I'm hoping to hear back two weeks from now, but who knows!

Before I bought it, I asked the seller and he said :

" actually don't know anything about fakes or bootlegs. I have had my blurays for a while now so the comic should be real. I haven't seen any that look different then my comic. I will package it secure and it should go out by tomorrow thanks."

He wasn't selling any other ones and seems like a legit good seller, 100% with 755. Mostly selling toys and comic books, vintage stuff, so my radar was somewhat muted.

In hindsight, I should have asked for more pictures and pictures of the bluray packaging as well.

Here are the front and back of the one I sent off:

I got 180 days with PayPal buyer protection, so I figure I'd wait for CGC to get back to me. Will definitely keep you guys posted!
Post 228 IP   flag post
@Garnett21k lots of people got screwed in this deal, and they are STILL being sold. 99% of the sellers have no idea they are selling fakes though, so it's tough to blame anyone.

Your Morty looks to have black hair, and double staples. It will be interesting to see what CGC does with your book, as they may not be creeping this forum 😁
Post 229 IP   flag post
Collector vabchgent private msg quote post Address this user
Did we use the words Morty Gate yet ?
Post 230 IP   flag post
601469 571 30
Thread locked. No more posts permitted. Return home.