Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern Age

The Batman Who Laughs...1st Appearance?!4587

Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Some sites say "Dark Days: Casting." Or is it dark nights metal #2...or Teen Titans #12? What do you think is the comic most worth investing as The Batman Who Laughs first appearance?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Orangestang private msg quote post Address this user
2 of my local comic books shops in Toronto stated Teen Titans 12 is the offical first appearance of the Batman Who Laughs.
Comicbookrealm.com stats that Metal 2 is the first Batman Who Laughs. Now I am not saying the site mentioned above is the be all end all but it’s getting confusing with all these conflicting reports!
Post 2 IP   flag post
And then there's DC Wikia which a says it's The Casting.

Anyone from cbcs want to chime in?
Post 3 IP   flag post
BTW, my vote is also Teen Titans #12 as the book worth owning as it's also his first official cover appearance as well.
Post 4 IP   flag post
This has to be a riddle from the Riddler!!!
Could it be there is no right answer at the moment? DC is just waiting to see how thing go before they officially select a first appearance?

I like your approach, I would love to hear a CBCS rep's take on this matter.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector dpiercy private msg quote post Address this user
Snyder sez it's Metal2.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector Thanatos private msg quote post Address this user
1. "Batman Who Laughs" is a laughable name
2. He terrifies me.
Post 7 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Metal2 released on same day as Titans 12, but metal2 comes before T12 in the storyline.

However, M2 is a last page "cameo" (FIRST APPEARANCE), and T12 is a full appearance, so who the hell knows what collectors will do here 🤣
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector NilesPaine private msg quote post Address this user
All I know is, if you have been following it closely, u should have all the books. Wouldn’t hurt to know though, to pick up a few more jussssttt in caassseee. 😎
Post 9 IP   flag post
I have 3 copies of each at least....
One set will be good and the their two hopeful keep the cover value 😂
Post 10 IP   flag post
I find that the more variant covers a comic has, the less likely they are to increase in value...seems to be the he trend...which would favor tt12. First full appearance, first cover appearance, less variants to confuse/frustrate the investor/collector.

This could very well be a spiderman 299/300 hulk 180/181 situation in the making...(but 100s of dollars less, of course).
Post 11 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio

This could very well be a spiderman 299/300 hulk 180/181 situation in the making...(but 100s of dollars less, of course).
Post 12 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
I bought a teen titans 12 and metal 2.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke

You would.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanatos
Quote:

You would.

So did I. Big whoop wanna make something of it?

I have not bought the casting...I did flip through a copy and it was just TBWL's silhouette on the very last page...is that considered a cameo appearances? Pretty lame, if it is...but at least it's not a flashback!!
Post 15 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio

...not to mention Totally Awesome Hulk 21/22 as well for popular cameo/first appearance back-2-back comics.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector vabchgent private msg quote post Address this user
I had both and 2 copied of metal #2
Post 17 IP   flag post
Bought both too Still cover price from Midtown
Post 18 IP   flag post
u jelly brah?
Post 19 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
Has there ever been an answer on what issue/title the first appearance of the character took place within?
Post 20 IP   flag post
wow my metal #2 looks gooooooood brahs
Post 21 IP   flag post

Post 22 IP   flag post

Post 23 IP   flag post

Post 24 IP   flag post
Quote:
wow my metal #2 looks gooooooood brahs

Is that the first appearance? I'm asking as Dark Days: The Casting 1 was thrown out there too.
Post 25 IP   flag post
i think it's metal 2 and teen titans 12
Post 26 IP   flag post
The Batman Who Laughs makes a horrifying, cannibalistic debut Sep 13, 2017, 4:25pm EDT
Post 27 IP   flag post
Synopsis for "Dark Days: The Casting" This book was first published on July 12, 2017.

There's the answer. I guess.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Quote:
The Batman Who Laughs makes a horrifying, cannibalistic debut Sep 13, 2017, 4:25pm EDT

OK, then I'm good. Thanks! So, I just need to have all of them. It looks like he might be in a dream in the Casting.
Post 29 IP   flag post
ugggh great i had to go buy that one too.
Post 30 IP   flag post
601505 165 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?