Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Meh.

Back to a rerun of Columbo.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
So....before Columbo/McMillan and Wife/That Cowboy cop on a Horse in NY gathers everyone together to recap who he thinks committed the murder does he walk up and say like 'Hey, could you come to the lounge/library etc in an hour - I have something to discuss?'.

At that point, if you were the one who did the murder, wouldn't you just say 'Thanks, see you there' and then run like hell???
Post 2 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
So....before Columbo/McMillan and Wife/That Cowboy cop on a Horse in NY gathers everyone together to recap who he thinks committed the murder does he walk up and say like 'Hey, could you come to the lounge/library etc in an hour - I have something to discuss?'.

At that point, if you were the one who did the murder, wouldn't you just say 'Thanks, see you there' and then run like hell???

Your thinking of Murder, She Wrote. With Columbo, it's always, "Just one more thing sir. (or ma'am)".
Post 3 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics

Your thinking of Murder, She Wrote. With Columbo, it's always, "Just one more thing sir. (or ma'am)".

True and always with the cigar, the beat up car, that ratty trench coat!
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector det_tobor private msg quote post Address this user
Has anyone seen The Orville, Thursday, on Fox?
It's got one of the S T N G writers on its board. It takes some good stories and throws some humorous moments in when you might not be expecting it. ... It also gives more "realistic" endings than you might care for.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector OrbitCityComics private msg quote post Address this user
I liked Discovery. The first officer commits treason, kills the first Klingon in over a century, and starts a galactic war and drags in the Vulcans, which may or may not drag in the Romulans in the near future.

It was a good setup first episode.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by det_tobor
Has anyone seen The Orville, Thursday, on Fox?
It's got one of the S T N G writers on its board. It takes some good stories and throws some humorous moments in when you might not be expecting it. ... It also gives more "realistic" endings than you might care for.

The Orville is great. Much better than ST Discovery.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector Scorpion private msg quote post Address this user
ST Discovery. what a wast of time that was.
Post 8 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
For those of you saying you didn't like it, what did you not like about it?

The reason I ask is that I am going to be on a show later this week discussing Star Trek and I'd like to have a couple of counterpoints to present from folks who did not like it.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector Lonestar private msg quote post Address this user
Since they are only showing Episode 1 on TV and the rest will be on CBS's streaming service, I did not even bother to watch it. I have no intention of buying their streaming service (at least anytime soon) so I don't have any desire to watch just the first episode.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector VaComicsGuy private msg quote post Address this user
I like the Orville so far.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector Lonestar private msg quote post Address this user
Orville is OK. Not great and not terrible either. I agree with some of the critics I've read that the show doesn't seem to know what it is yet. Is it a comedy with some drama or is it a drama with comedic elements? I'll keep watching for now.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector det_tobor private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLS_Comics

The reason I ask is that I am going to be on a show later this week discussing Star Trek and I'd like to have a couple of counterpoints to present from folks who did not like it.

Time after Archer but before Kirk. Villain is...drum roll....Klingons!! Creatively at its best. Not a new threat? why not?
Didn't work all that well for Enterprise.

Try a non season threat like the first season of Star Trek. Show some of the different worlds in the federation. Do a different villain. Is this Vulcan before our Spock went to that timeline/parallel world or after? At least they didn't give Spock an older sibling as they were going to....like they did in the movie version.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user
The first episodes of TNG and DS9 were slow. I am willing to give it a chance.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector Redshade private msg quote post Address this user
The mention of Orville in England immediately brings to mind the ventriloquist Keith Harris and his puppet Orville- a big green baby duck.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector mattness private msg quote post Address this user
Seth's jokes don't seem to translate as well to live action as animation but I thought I would give Orville a go. I thought Orville was OK for the first two episodes...but then the third episode comes along and here we go with Seth's infatuation with gender confusion and fart jokes. We have Stewie from Family Guy, Roger from American Dad and now the wanna be Worf, his partner and their baby from Orville. Seth, we hear your cry for help. Do your yourself a favor and get a sex change so you can pursue other comedic avenues.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector Kanaloa private msg quote post Address this user
ST Discovery is on Space Channel. At least in Canada it is. Space Channel even showed the first 2 episodes instead of only one. First 2 episodes are a prequel. Episode 3 is actually the first episode.
Post 17 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Passed after the pilot.
Post 18 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
Passed after the pilot.

Not interdimensional enough for ya?
Post 19 IP   flag post
Quote:

I don' like it because it is set in the past. Again, one of the reasons I wasn't too keen on Enterprise. I know the Klingon/Federation conflict will be resolved. I know the Xindi didn't blow up the Earth. I want to see something futuristic, beyond Voyager.

Oh, and I'm not subscribing to a streaming service or paying for another service beyond my current cable plan to watch it.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Collector VaComicsGuy private msg quote post Address this user
Didn't even watch it due to the subscription issue. Like Doc Watson said, I already pay for cable. Now they want me to pay for streaming their service to watch this. Nope.
Post 21 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
Passed after the pilot.

Not interdimensional enough for ya?

No it just is weird. It's serious but tries to be a comedy, but isn't star trek but lead actor sounds like brian from family guy. it's more of the same, just mixed together.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Collector Redshade private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshade
The mention of Orville in England immediately brings to mind the ventriloquist Keith Harris and his puppet Orville- a big green baby duck.

Rip Keith Harris (21 September 1947 – 28 April 2015). I only just found out that he died a couple of years ago.

Post 23 IP   flag post
Collector Dalkiel private msg quote post Address this user
Bit Torrent and Newsgroups. Don't have cable but I can watch whatever show I want.
Post 24 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
Watched it, it was just Janeway and Seven of Nine all over again, with female lead number 2 not as stacked and no male leads. No new ground plowed.
Post 25 IP   flag post
Collector Scorpion private msg quote post Address this user
its seem to me the the time lines dont line up, this takes place after Kirk, but yet there all wearing new uniforms like in the new start trek movies, it just seem out of place, the plot was week, ill have to see the rest, but from what i saw didn't make me want to watch the next one.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Watched the first 2 episodes...seems like it has promise. The first were really just setting up the #1 character (Michael for a female name?) for what will follow.
I'll give it a shot. I've never been one to get bent out of shape about continuity etc. just has to be entertaining - which this is so far.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by doog
Watched it, it was just Janeway and Seven of Nine all over again, with female lead number 2 not as stacked and no male leads. No new ground plowed.

Seven of Nine was doubly engaging.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
I always thought they should have a character named "One in Seven".
Post 29 IP   flag post
That's what Chakotay means in English.
Post 30 IP   flag post
601469 31 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?