Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

conditionfreak 5, 10, 25, whatever sale4314

I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
@Themaxx35 You said you bid in error. Then you said something unclear about maybe taking the book.

I claimed it before anyone else did. I do not think I am being unreasonable in wanting the book to be mine at this point.
Post 676 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
@Themaxx35 You said you bid in error. Then you said something unclear about maybe taking the book.

I claimed it before anyone else did. I do not think I am being unreasonable in wanting the book to be mine at this point.

CF will have the final say about that. I'm sure he will chime in soon.
Post 677 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Need to take it outside? 🍿
Post 678 IP   flag post

Post 679 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingNampa
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos

CF will have the final say about that. I'm sure he will chime in soon.

I am sure he will. I also sent a PM to CF when I posted in the thread to confirm if the book was available at that time.
Post 680 IP   flag post

Collector Themaxx35 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
Need to take it outside? 🍿

Nope. No dispute here. I screwed up and if it needs to go to @drchaos then fair is fair.
Post 681 IP   flag post
Collector Absolute_Zero private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Damn wow he went there
Post 682 IP   flag post
I think CF left or is taking a break.
Post 683 IP   flag post
Collector Absolute_Zero private msg quote post Address this user
Maybe he is getting the list of who got what. I know i got three books
Post 684 IP   flag post
Collector Jeremy_K private msg quote post Address this user
I would like to respectfully throw my hat into the GH2 ring. I put in a claim on pg 22 didn't see Dr claim it
Post 685 IP   flag post
@Jeremy_K The book was sitting there for about an hour before I claimed it.
Post 686 IP   flag post
So for what this is worth I changed my hops to all standby it within about One minute quick and edit doesn't have a timestamp. So if somebody said hey within 5 to 10 minutes after posting it should go to themin my opinion
Post 687 IP   flag post
But that doesn't change the fact that somebody might have waited to say take because of what I did so again I'm happy to let itgo
Post 688 IP   flag post
I waited about 10 If you changed your mind Maxx35 within a minute it should be yours (If you want it). DrChaos i looked through the posts and I didn't see your claim. I may have just missed it; what page should i look at
Post 689 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by conditionfreak
Price lowered. I don't check going prices when I put stuff up for sale. I just wing it. But my original asking price for this one was $25, and I now know that is just too much. They go for about that in 6.0/6.5 condition. So I have lowered the price to

$10.00

I'll take it!
Post 690 IP   flag post

Post 691 IP   flag post
thats the messages I saw you put up refering to it before I put a take it in.
Post 692 IP   flag post
Themaxx never responded to my posts. After I claimed the book and saw his recent posts I noticed that he edited some of his earlier posts which would have helped clarify how uncertain the availability of the book was.

I see your post on page 22 but do not remember seeing it before. I do not know if I just missed it or if it was edited. My memory was that all of the posts on that page were telling Nampa to knock it off with the test threads. I do not remember seeing anyone else claim the book.

When I did claim it in the thread I also sent a PM to CF but did not get a reply before the can of worms was opened.
Post 693 IP   flag post
@conditionfreak You are probably scanning all the pages to figure stuff out. Here is what I won:

ASM #200 $10
ASM #151 $15
King Sized Avengers #1: $10
Sub Mariner #8 $10
Submariner #48 $10
John Carter #1: $5
Daredevil #300: $5
Ultimate Spiderman Colletions: $5
Ultimate Spiderman Learning Curve: $5
Fighting Forces #96: $5
Blazing Battles #1: $5
Leonardo #1: $5
Ghost Rider #15: $5
Superman #463: $5
Star Trek #1, 2, 3, 4: $5
Marvel Premier #47: $25
Marvel Premier #48: $5
Micronaughts #1: $5

Grant Total so far $145
Post 694 IP   flag post
I swear on my kid's life that I have not altered that post. I have seen people claim books then the post where CF offered it comes up later than the take it so maybe that happened in regards to the pg 22 claim
Post 695 IP   flag post
@Jeremy_K @drchaos @Themaxx35 Just wait until CF decides. No point in arguing it.
Post 696 IP   flag post
for sure wasn't attempting to argue just trying to figure it out for my own curiosity
Post 697 IP   flag post
So here's the deal. I can't keep typing because I am driving. Can't risk a car accident. I am going to relinquish my claim to this book period. I'll let CF make the ruling.

Just so the facts are out so a fair deal can be reached, I immediately hit take. KN said Wow, and I then posted it was a error and may need to retract. There were 2-3 comments posted after I typed that. Then I edited it to say I'll stand by it. This was within 60-90 seconds if I'm pushing it.

If someone said take or was going to say take within that time, it seems right it should go to them. When I responded to drnachos that it was partly in error, I had already edited my oops post.

Frankly I think a sudden death match might be easiest way to handle this.
Post 698 IP   flag post
you did this while driving... I admire your dedication
Post 699 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Themaxx35
i'll take it
His 1st response.

Quote:
Quote:
i'll take it
Ill stand by it.
2nd Response. This is what it shows now but was edited. Used to say he took it by mistake or something. But then he decided to stand by it.

Now you are giving up your claim on this book? You would have the best claim
Post 700 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
i'll take it
His 1st response.

Quote:
Quote:
i'll take it
Ill stand by it.
2nd Response.

Now you are giving up your claim on this book? You would have the best claim

The posts were edited. He initially said oops (essentially fumbling the ball).

No one seemed to want to book until I said that I wanted it. Then they all came out of the woodwork.
Post 701 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy_K
nice grab

This is the only response I see from Jeremy regarding it.
Post 702 IP   flag post
that was for your sub mariner pull
Post 703 IP   flag post
I think to be fair. Since Neither Jeremy or DrChaos were the 1st to claim it. He should throw it up again and see who gets it first. Just my 2 cents.

Who knows themaxx might change his mind and keep it. lol
Post 704 IP   flag post
It may be conjecture on my part but the mysterious post that is now on page 22 didn't get any likes. Usually when someone buys an expensive book in a thread like this one it would get a like or two.

My post got three likes when I said I would take the book.

Maybe I am just sleepy but I was very clear when I said I wanted it.
Post 705 IP   flag post
601479 788 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?