Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@det_tobor I'm actually on the west coast. I just posted the link since it showed what the hurricane's already doing so close to CBCS
Post 101 IP   flag post
Collector Krazywan private msg quote post Address this user
Just woke up from a nap and it is still windy and light rain. I never lost power. Glad to see where I'm at no flooding, storm surge is not as bad as they thought it would be. I have one section of fence down and a lot of small debris, no major damage as I can see yet. It is starting to get light out so I will know more in just a little while. If St.Petersburg faired as well as I have here in Largo, I would say we got lucky.
Post 102 IP   flag post
Collector det_tobor private msg quote post Address this user
Great to hear some good news Krazywan.
Post 103 IP   flag post
Collector XxSpideyxX private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazywan
Just woke up from a nap and it is still windy and light rain. I never lost power. Glad to see where I'm at no flooding, storm surge is not as bad as they thought it would be. I have one section of fence down and a lot of small debris, no major damage as I can see yet. It is starting to get light out so I will know more in just a little while. If St.Petersburg faired as well as I have here in Largo, I would say we got lucky.

Great news Krazywan. I'm glad you faired relatively well. Shocked you never lost power! I hope someone is able to drive/boat down to the facility soon and let us know how it looks in regards to flooding, roof integrity, etc.
Post 104 IP   flag post
Collector Krazywan private msg quote post Address this user
Maybe, just maybe ill try to drive down there today if curfew gets lifted soon and scope it out. I'm interested to see what made it and did not
Post 105 IP   flag post

Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Maybe, just maybe ill try to drive down there today if curfew gets lifted soon and scope it out. I'm interested to see what made it and did not
Glad your safe. Be careful if you venture out. I saw there were a lot of downed power lines.
Post 106 IP   flag post
Collector Redshade private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

I've been reading all your updates about the hurricane with interest.

We're getting on the spot reports from Tampa and Florida but not St Petersburg.

I've seen the CBCS building on google maps. I'm wondering what it looks like now.
Post 107 IP   flag post
Collector ThreeSeas private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
I'm about 25 mins North in Largo,FL

My brother and his wife live in Largo too! I spoke to my sis-in-law on the phone on Friday as she and her mom were heading north and have been talking to her through Facebook since then. She could not convince my brother to leave. She ended up staying at a hotel in Georgia and told me a short while ago that they lost power at their house in Largo but she and my brother still have cell phone service via texting currently. I am not sure what damage their place received.

I am glad that they and others did not get hit as hard as was originally thought.
Post 108 IP   flag post
Collector det_tobor private msg quote post Address this user
now, the news is saying Georgia is next with a major tropical storm.
Also, the west side for 1 of the region's is going to take the longest time on record to rebuild the electric system there.
Good news, to help with this, workers from electric companies from other states are on their way to assist in fixing this.
Post 109 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user

Irma just made my power flicker! I guess Atlanta will be dealing with this the rest of the evening.
Post 110 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
Hey guys -

Fort Lauderdale resident here. I have been absent from the forums for a few days prepping, hunkering and now recovering. My family and I are all ok. Still no power at home luckily my office has power so I can check in with the world and catch up on stuff. After seeing all the destruction around town, I am so grateful that my family is alright.

I hope everyone else that is or was in the path of Irma is okay.

--
Jesse (not Jesse_O a different Jesse)
Post 111 IP   flag post
601525 111 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?