Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedComics Modern AgeSignaturesSigning Opportunities

Dallas Fan Expo423

Collector 90scomicbooknerd private msg quote post Address this user
Whats up guys new member here. Dallas Fan Expo is next weekend and I'll be going on Sunday to meet the one and only Todd McFarlane one of my all time favorite artist. I was wondering if CBCS reps will be present at this show? Was planning on submitting a couple of books to you guys.
Post 1 IP   flag post
"Forum Overlord" bah ha ha ha... JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user
No can do with Todd. He doesn't allow any of his signatures to be authenticated with his signing during the show. He only does it through private events twice a year.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Yea but couldn't you submit the book after it's signed for CBCS Signature Verification?
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Absolute_Zero private msg quote post Address this user
Yeah you could but i was told either Desert Wind or Trinity Comics can get it AW for you. I know he has one in October of this year since the one for Spring has passed. Yeah I am going to be there as well. Want to meet Joe Mad and Frank Miller and folks. Might want to pm either one to see when it will be.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Not sure what AW means I'm new to all this only got 4 slabbed books. I also plan on getting my Deadpool Circle Chase 1-4 signed by Joe Mad and getting them slabbed by CBCS.
Post 5 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
AW is an Authorized Witness. These are the guys that witness signatures for CBCS and have to witness a signature and then submit the book in order for the book to qualify for a yellow, Authorized Signature label
Post 6 IP   flag post
Ok thanks dam don't I feel stupid should of known that. Thanks for all the info guys.
Post 7 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
This Dallas show actually snuck up on me.

I've been so busy at work while others are taking vacations, I haven't even had time to read a comic book. Last week I was at my LCS and Andy asked me if I was going to the show and he would have a badge for me. "Oh crap, I can't make it!" Not only is it my weekend to work, my boss is in Hawaii and another manager is in Alaska that weekend.

I actually have quite a bit of ready cash available if I was to make this show, and it's only about a 45 minute drive from my house.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
I have it on good authority that Catman America might even make an appearance at this show (be afraid).
Post 9 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatmanAmerica
I have it on good authority that Catman America might even make an appearance at this show (be afraid).

Catman America might be at the show??? I sure didn't know anything about this.

Can your good authority provide any of the following information?....

1) Will Catman America be bringing any nice mid grade Pre-Codes to the show with him?

2) Does Catman America have a decent (nicely centered) Astonishing #30 that he might be willing to part with?

3) Does Catman America give boardie discounts?

4) Could Catman America provide his booth #?

I just might be able to manipulate my schedule somewhat.

Thanks!
Post 10 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
@90scomicbooknerd CBCS will not be at Dallas Fan Expo this year. We will be at three other huge shows that weekend and can't spare any more resources from the building.

Hopefully we can make it next year.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector Absolute_Zero private msg quote post Address this user
@SteveRicketts We totally understand and its cool that you are going to other cons. I know you and the crew are having a great time at MegaCon. Had two bucks that where signed by Adam Hughes and the other book by David & Meridith Finch.😊😀😆 But there are folks that will be AW there from you LCS that will be there. I already know a guy who is getting to AW Joe Mad, Jason Cambell, and if funds allow The great Frank Miller. Oh man I forgot a hero of mine who I ran home from school when I was a kid Kevin Conroy. Man this con is going to be fun. Can not wait for it
Post 12 IP   flag post
@Pre_Coder Catman America will be in his guise as a meek, mild mannered illustrator (few villains recognize those) and set-up at author Kevin J. Anderson's booth with author Rachel Caine. There may even be birthday cake on Saturday morning (mourning in my case, as I've been hit by Dr. Time's dastardly aging ray). It is also rumored that sketches and autographs may be obtained from the artist/actor/GA-guru before during and after the festivities.
Post 13 IP   flag post
@CatmanAmerica My mistake and apologies, I was assuming Catman America was attending the show as a dealer. And Happy 'Dr. Times Dastardly Aging Ray' Day! Saturday morning's birthday cake should quickly replace any sugars burned up during the previous night's festivities,... oh, and don't forget to slam a Gatorade along with that cake. You'll feel top notch in about 20 minutes.

Question #2 still remains....

2) Does Catman America have a decent (nicely centered) Astonishing #30 that he might be willing to part with?

Cheers, and have a good time at the show!
Post 14 IP   flag post
@Pre_Coder All of my pre-codes are very pre-code. Mostly WWII vintage Timely and Quality high grade. Astonishing #30 is a fabulous book, but not one I've acquired in my travels. That said, I'll keep on the look-out and notify you if I come across a nice copy.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatmanAmerica
@Pre_Coder Astonishing #30 is a fabulous book, but not one I've acquired in my travels. That said, I'll keep on the look-out and notify you if I come across a nice copy.

Appreciate that very much!
Post 16 IP   flag post
596800 16 16
This topic is archived. Start new topic?