Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Is totally awesome hulk 22 going to maintain4195

Collector rckstr1253 private msg quote post Address this user
Is this book going to maintain these values or do you think itll drop? I wanted to grab a copy but all my nearby comic stores sold out
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector infinityG private msg quote post Address this user
I'm not feeling this Weapon H nonsense.

Check out this article
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector KCBatmanFan private msg quote post Address this user
Good question. I have been wondering this myself. Will it remain a sought after future key, or will it drop when the heat is off a little? I hesitated when they were going for $20, and now people are asking 50 and 75 now that the 2nd printing is out. I could see it holding at 20, but 75?
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Revelations private msg quote post Address this user
It will drop. High print run and lots of people who bought multiple copies. In a month, it'll be cover price when people need to dump them. Only the long haul speculators will hang onto them.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Yea its nuts for a brand new book to be that high already
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector dpiercy private msg quote post Address this user

Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector OrbitCityComics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by rckstr1253
Yea its nuts for a brand new book to be that high already

Batman 24 is doing the same thing, along with the Artgerm cover of Supergirl 12.
Post 7 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
craziness. I am 100% sure that these will settle down in a bit. Wait for the next big 1st appearance in the next volume of xyz book and people's attention and demand will turn away from these books
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector rickdod3 private msg quote post Address this user
It's the 90s all over.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector RexMuff private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickdod3
It's the 90s all over.

Except I'm shorter of breath, and one day closer to death.lol😂😅🙁
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
A few reasons that hulk 22 is priced as I is are a) it came as a bit of a surprise - a lot of ppl missed out on it and b)there are no variant covers!
Post 11 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
I was lucky, didn't have this on my pull list but was following the story anyway and managed to get the last one at my LCS for cover.
Post 12 IP   flag post
He sounds like a vegan who wants real mayonnaise to be vegan friendly. Instant_Subtitles private msg quote post Address this user
Well...

1a) It is the first appearance of "Weapon X" as a team.
1b) Nobody currently cares because they are not Weapon H.

2a) It is the first appearance of Weapon H, a Wolverine/Hulk hybrid.
2b) People bought the issue for the hype this helped establish.

So based on the conclusion that they are marketing on the idea that Weapon H will fill in the gaps that both Logan and Banner left...

I have to also say "No." And add a "give it time" since this Marvel we are speaking about.
Post 13 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
How's the first appearance of Red Hulk doing?
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector ComxDlr private msg quote post Address this user
you guys need to go buy this asap (HAHAHAHAHAHAHA)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TOTALLY-AWESOME-HULK-22-NM-1ST-PRINT-UNREAD-SOLD-OUT-MARVEL-COMICS-2017-/152679969609?epid=239036639&hash=item238c6f7349:g:LgoAAOSwljZZoxWJ
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector infinityG private msg quote post Address this user

Post 16 IP   flag post
But think what you could do with the $5.99 in ebay bucks!
Post 17 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
How's the first appearance of Red Hulk doing?

Saw one at the lcs last week in VF and picked it up for $3.00. Lol.

Post 18 IP   flag post
So how is the hulk back from the dead to begin with. Is bruce banner hulk the one resurrected by the hand?
Post 19 IP   flag post
Collector Grayspeedster private msg quote post Address this user
Well I'm sorry I didn't buy it newsstand so I can profit massively off this but I am not at all upset that I don't own the book lol. Give me a REAL new character and I go ape shit and sell my bottom favorite 20 books to have it. Nope, let's take a completely rampaging overpower character that is, with out sounding dumb, totally awesome, and gimmick off of our already gimmicked character NYX3! Totaly Awesome works as a description not a title marvel!

I hate being like this. I for one think you have to go through the bad to find the good, but that doesn't mean I will lie and say it's good right now!
Post 20 IP   flag post
He sounds like a vegan who wants real mayonnaise to be vegan friendly. Instant_Subtitles private msg quote post Address this user
@ComxDlr
Post 21 IP   flag post
Collector RexMuff private msg quote post Address this user
WOW! I just got ripped off then! Mine took 30 minutes to sell on eBay for $50!😜😂 Really blown away by this one, ain't gonna complain about the stellar profit, but, like most, can't see this goin very far.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
I picked one up for $30...and then was able to snag most of the other issues I the story arc off the stand. I figured $30 was worth the risk in case this takes off like NYX #3...you never know. I like the covers so it's nice to hold onto for that reason.

I'm also interested in the story...so it's more than just an investment for me too.

Hoping my $30 is 9.6/9.8 quality...otherwise I paid waaaay too much.

As for Batman 24...need to see what happens still...dragging this out...not much longer though! I think she says "yes"....but that doesn't mean they're getting married. So my guess is that it'll drag on a year before any wedding plans are made...gotta get past the watchmen thing and Action 1000 first...then the wedding of the millennium will start being planned.

As for Supergirl 12...It's just a cover...comic that is only a cover and no content is rare to hold value unless its truly rare. Going to dump my copies this week to compensate for paying $30 for Hulk 22.
Post 23 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
I picked one up for $30...and then was able to snag most of the other issues I the story arc off the stand. I figured $30 was worth the risk in case this takes off like NYX #3...you never know. I like the covers so it's nice to hold onto for that reason.

I'm also interested in the story...so it's more than just an investment for me too.

As for Batman 24...need to see what happens still...dragging this out...not much longer though! I think she says "yes"....but that doesn't mean they're getting married. So my guess is that it'll drag on a year before any wedding plans are made...gotta get past the watchmen thing and Action 1000 first...then the wedding of the millennium will start being planned.

As for Supergirl 12...It's just a cover...comic that is only a cover and no content is rare to hold value unless its truly rare. Going to dump my copies this week to compensate for paying $30 for Hulk 22.

Need edumacation - Batman 24?? who's getting married now? - Haven't bought a DC title since New52 - just got back into it with Button and Metal and Young Animals Doom Patrol
Post 24 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
Need edumacation - Batman 24?? who's getting married now? - Haven't bought a DC title since New52 - just got back into it with Button and Metal and Young Animals Doom Patrol

Batman proposed to Catwoman in Batman 24. There are A, Newstand A, and B cover first printings, then there are A cover 2nd (added Mary Me word balloon), 3rd (black and white) and 4th (red) printings plus an exclusive foil version from SDCC.

Batman 25 started "The War of Jokes and Riddles" which is a flashback, so we don't know what Selina's answer is yet.
Post 25 IP   flag post
Wait....but he's already married to Batwoman!!! and then had a child out of wedlock with Talia.

Damned - good to be rich to keep up with all those alimony/child support payments.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector OrbitCityComics private msg quote post Address this user
I think Hulk will be different. Unlike a few other books recently, there are some die hard Hulk fans out there, and he doesn't always get the respect he deserves.

Short term I believe the price will drop a bit.

Long term, say ten years, it will go up.

Those are just MY speculations.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revelations
It will drop. High print run and lots of people who bought multiple copies. In a month, it'll be cover price when people need to dump them. Only the long haul speculators will hang onto them.

Was it really a high print run? I thought it was relatively low, mostly because of the lack of variants. Where can I find print runs on comics? Curios to see how it compares to batman 24, or supergirl 12 or any other recent popular comic...
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio

$30 Quote:
Originally Posted by Revelations

What makes you say this book had a high print run?

Whatever it is, you are mistaken.

The print run on TAH # 22 is reported to be 23,000.

Cominchron.com will verify the print run soon enough, if they haven't already.

23 K for a mainstream Marvel title, with no variant covers, is pretty low, not high.

The Weapon X storyline is one of the most popular Wolverine storylines that exists, it is mentioned, or has been a focal point ( in Wolverines solo films) in every X-men and Wolverine movie that has been made.

Wolverine made his debut in Hulk # 180-#182....remember how Wolverine fought the Hulk in that storyline?

The cover of Hulk #181 ringing any bells?

What do you see on the cover of Hulk #181?

Hulk fighting Wolverine.

Since Wolverine was inroduced into the MCU, Wolverine versus the Hulk has always been a widely popular theme with Marvel collectors.

To take a classic storyline like Weapon X, which is arguably the definitive basis for the modern age Wolverine, and to combine Wolverine's' introductory foe (ummm,the Hulk) into an amalgamation of the two characters ....you have something that fans of *both* characters have wondered about for years.

Now, you have Wolverine AND Hulk collectors who want the book.

Arbitrarily, call that a 200% increase in a fan base, between the 2 characters.That is a conservative figure, I will add.

23,000 copies...Supply vs. demand.

I slept on this book, I have 3 copies left.

I sold one via auction a few days ago, the others will be on their way to Sunny Florida for grading on Monday.

Despite my offer on this board, of $40 for raw NM to $55 for raw 9.6/9.8 candidates....PLUS the costs of boxed, insured USPS Priority shipping....NO ONE has offered to sell a single copy to me.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector Logan510 private msg quote post Address this user
CAK - "To take a classic storyline like Weapon X, which is arguably the definitive basis for the modern age Wolverine, and to combine Wolverine's' introductory foe (ummm,the Hulk) into an amalgamation of the two characters ....you have something that fans of *both* characters have wondered about for years.
"

To be fair, I've been a fan of both of those characters for maybe as long as you've been alive and I've never "wondered" about that.

Aside from that I can't argue much with what you wrote above.
Post 30 IP   flag post
601492 98 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?