Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Magazines

Total Comic Mayhem4142

Collector neyko private msg quote post Address this user
clickable text

I hope this ok - this guy is a fun read on collecting and I figured it may be of interest to all of you.

Enjoy. Share your thoughts - agree, disagree with his opinions?
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Collector tonnage71 private msg quote post Address this user
This is a site I read every couple weeks. Good stuff in general.
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Collector Steverogers11 private msg quote post Address this user
Vic has some great post
Post 3 • IP   flag post
Collector det_tobor private msg quote post Address this user
That is a poster that gives the reader MORE than their money's worth.
Post 4 • IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
Learned a bunch from TCM
Post 5 • IP   flag post
Collector neyko private msg quote post Address this user
Wow. I hope a few folks that didn't know about Vic find out about TCM. Most of you already seem to know.
Post 6 • IP   flag post
Collector TotalComicMayhem private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by neyko
Wow. I hope a few folks that didn't know about Vic find out about TCM. Most of you already seem to know.


Hi, neyko, not that many know but thanks for sharing and the props on here. Much appreciated and glad you have found the site entertaining.
Post 7 • IP   flag post
Collector TotalComicMayhem private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steverogers11
Vic has some great post


Thanks JW, always good to hear from ya and hope all is well over there. Still working on the covers idea you thought of.
Post 8 • IP   flag post
Collector TotalComicMayhem private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonnage71
This is a site I read every couple weeks. Good stuff in general.


Thanks Tonnage71.
Post 9 • IP   flag post
Collector TotalComicMayhem private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by det_tobor
That is a poster that gives the reader MORE than their money's worth.


Thanks, I do try to give as much as possible.
Post 10 • IP   flag post
Collector TotalComicMayhem private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by doog
Learned a bunch from TCM


Cool doog...I'm always learning as well. Glad the site was some help to ya.
Post 11 • IP   flag post
Collector Tdog13 private msg quote post Address this user
TCM is a great site. Love how you debunk all those "origin" keys. Keep up the good work!
Post 12 • IP   flag post
Collector TotalComicMayhem private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tdog13
TCM is a great site. Love how you debunk all those "origin" keys. Keep up the good work!


Which is your favorite debunk Tdog13? Think I should continue those?
Post 13 • IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by TotalComicMayhem
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tdog13
TCM is a great site. Love how you debunk all those "origin" keys. Keep up the good work!


Which is your favorite debunk Tdog13? Think I should continue those?


I think a good one would be the 1st appearance of Jessica Cruz. CBCS and CGC have different 1st appearances, but most on here agreed with CBCS. I cannot find the original thread, I think it has been archived.
Post 14 • IP   flag post
They're all NM+ conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
Never knew about this site. I like it. Just one note though. It is "couldn't care less", not "could care less". (In the story about the upcoming Joker origin movie)

I will be visiting that site often. Thanks for pointing me towards it.
Post 15 • IP   flag post
Collector Despain private msg quote post Address this user
Here is the original thread I started several months ago: TCM
Post 16 • IP   flag post
Collector Tdog13 private msg quote post Address this user
Hi TCM. My favorite debunk was probably Detective Comics 850. I agree with you wholeheartedly for all the reasons you mention. I would love to see more debunking, but only as you see fit considering time constraints, etc. Your other articles are great as well. I've been using them to help fill holes in my collection, looking for keys etc.
Post 17 • IP   flag post
Collector TotalComicMayhem private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Despain
Here is the original thread I started several months ago: TCM


I appreciate that also Despain...good to hear from ya and how goes it? Any new additions to your collection?
Post 18 • IP   flag post
Collector TotalComicMayhem private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by conditionfreak
Never knew about this site. I like it. Just one note though. It is "couldn't care less", not "could care less". (In the story about the upcoming Joker origin movie)

I will be visiting that site often. Thanks for pointing me towards it.


Copy that conditionfreak and thanks for the correction, will be more aware of that in the future.
Post 19 • IP   flag post
Collector TotalComicMayhem private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tdog13
Hi TCM. My favorite debunk was probably Detective Comics 850. I agree with you wholeheartedly for all the reasons you mention. I would love to see more debunking, but only as you see fit considering time constraints, etc. Your other articles are great as well. I've been using them to help fill holes in my collection, looking for keys etc.


Cool Tdog13! Debunks aren't really my favorites as they seemingly piss off quite a few out there, but I'll still do 'em here and there. Any suggestions for a future debunk? Already got a 1st Jessica Cruz suggestion by Hcanes.

Glad the site helps ya...so what new comics has everyone got lately?
Post 20 • IP   flag post
Collector Despain private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by TotalComicMayhem
Quote:
Originally Posted by Despain
Here is the original thread I started several months ago: TCM


I appreciate that also Despain...good to hear from ya and how goes it? Any new additions to your collection?


No problem. Good to see you here. 👍🏻

I haven't added any new books lately. Budget is tight. 😅
Post 21 • IP   flag post
Collector TotalComicMayhem private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Despain
Quote:
Originally Posted by TotalComicMayhem
Quote:
Originally Posted by Despain
Here is the original thread I started several months ago: TCM


I appreciate that also Despain...good to hear from ya and how goes it? Any new additions to your collection?


No problem. Good to see you here. 👍🏻

I haven't added any new books lately. Budget is tight. 😅


Damn, I hear that about the tight budget. May have to unload some comics to support the habit.
Post 22 • IP   flag post
Be all you can be JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
I like TCM, great resource and you can tell he does a lot of research beforehand. As someone who compiles key issue data myself I can tell you it is a LOT of work. Not heavy work just sometimes rather tedious and time consuming.

I liked his work on Gotham City Sirens and the debate around 'Tec850
Post 23 • IP   flag post
Collector TotalComicMayhem private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLS_Comics
I like TCM, great resource and you can tell he does a lot of research beforehand. As someone who compiles key issue data myself I can tell you it is a LOT of work. Not heavy work just sometimes rather tedious and time consuming.

I liked his work on Gotham City Sirens and the debate around 'Tec850


Thanks JLS Comics...very true, Sir...tedious work indeed. I like your vids. Hope you're safe and well.
Post 24 • IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
None of it really interests me personally, but I like seeing galleries like this. There should be a high quality scan of every comic available online so people know what they are looking for.
Post 25 • IP   flag post
Collector neyko private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51
None of it really interests me personally, but I like seeing galleries like this. There should be a high quality scan of every comic available online so people know what they are looking for.


These are definitely about older books. Is this more to your liking? THese are modern age books -
clickable text
Comics Heating Up
Post 26 • IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by neyko
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51
None of it really interests me personally, but I like seeing galleries like this. There should be a high quality scan of every comic available online so people know what they are looking for.


These are definitely about older books. Is this more to your liking? THese are modern age books -
clickable text
Comics Heating Up


Definitely not. I like older books, but having Canadian variants of stuff I already own (or chose not to buy) isn't really that interesting to me. I bought pretty much everything I wanted in the 70's and 80's when it came out. Also, once I acquired and Amazing Fantasy #15, it made me lose interest in getting Amazing Spider-man #1-100. I just saw no point in it at that stage. I'm more interested in stuff that aren't the same covers I've looked at for over 30 years.
Post 27 • IP   flag post
Collector DocBrown private msg quote post Address this user
Just for information's sake, the Canadian Newsstand price variants were published from Oct 1982 to Aug 1986 for Marvels, and Oct 1982 to Sep 1988 for DCs. Archies had the same program, but it lasted longer, into the early 90's.

The disparity in the US and Canadian dollars became too great by early 1982, so the publishers had to come up with a way to designate that...hence the "Can" prices that began with the price logo change (the "M" on all newsstand books beginning with the Oct, 1982 cover dates, and the addition of a Can price for DCs in the price box.

Some of them are prohibitively rare, especially the later Marvels and DCs.

Every Marvel and DC comic published between these dates, and distributed to the newsstands, had a Canadian price variant. That includes all of the weirdo specials like the Star Wars Marvel Movie Showcase #1 and the X-Men Special #1.
Post 28 • IP   flag post
127349 28 28
Log in or sign up to compose a reply.
destitute