Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Questions

CBCS Case Swap video Real?3983

Collector Mef private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBrown
You folks going to continue with the contempt and mocking?

What does that accomplish?

Should I link to your other endeavors Organic Squishee.. I mean if we're really talking about contempt and mockery....
Post 201 IP   flag post
Collector DocBrown private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mef
Quote:

Should I link to your other endeavors Organic Squishee.. I mean if we're really talking about contempt and mockery....

You're more than welcome to discuss those issues there. You're free to do so, should you so choose. I stand by everything I've said, and would be happy to discuss it where it can be discussed openly.

This board is not that place.

You're using this board and its moderators as a shield. I'm sure they would prefer if you didn't, but I don't speak for them.
Post 202 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
I am concerned on a more serious note because I buy books to get signed and slabbed through Trinity to sell so I can afford other books in my personal collection. It's my business, it's my perogative. With that said, I am greatly concerned on the resell value of CBCS slabs if people now assume they are easy to slit the tops of labels off and replace them freely in less than 3 minutes and 14 seconds like the video clearly displays in full camera mode.
Post 203 IP   flag post
CBCS broke up with me over Facebook. CFP_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mef
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mef
LOL Deacon Dark and Organic Squishee... trying to make the forums a better place.

For the good of all mankind, don't forget that part.

Really...?

Would you prefer RMA?

Now you've done it.

Post 204 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
Betting someone has already been tasked at CBCS to come up with a plan to alleviate this situation.

And odds are that the persons first name is Steve (because they are all named Steve).
Post 205 IP   flag post

I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Steve alert.
Post 206 IP   flag post
Collector dpiercy private msg quote post Address this user
S T E V E S T E V E S T E V E
Post 207 IP   flag post
Collector Logan510 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFP_Comics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mef
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mef
LOL Deacon Dark and Organic Squishee... trying to make the forums a better place.

For the good of all mankind, don't forget that part.

Really...?

Would you prefer RMA?

Now you've done it.

I find it fascinating how one can always find themselves to be the "misunderstood victim" at several moderated comic book message boards they go to. I would think most intelligent people have enough self awareness to eventually understand that the problem may be them.

Post 208 IP   flag post
Collector Logan510 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mef
Quote:

You're more than welcome to discuss those issues there. You're free to do so, should you so choose. I stand by everything I've said, and would be happy to discuss it where it can be discussed openly.

This board is not that place.

You're using this board and its moderators as a shield. I'm sure they would prefer if you didn't, but I don't speak for them.

Post 209 IP   flag post
Collector DocBrown private msg quote post Address this user
As stated, if there are issues, there are other places to deal with them. The invitation has been extended to many, and...this is the critical part...not a single one has accepted.

What does that say about who is willing, and who is not, to resolve differences...?

The invitation remains, nonetheless, extended to anyone who wants to work anything out. Despite claims, no one thinks of themselves as a "misunderstood victim"...that's yet another lie to defame and discredit. I stand behind everything I say.

As should be obvious to anyone with basic critical thinking skills, THIS BOARD is not the place to discuss these issues. The administration and moderation of this board have made that quite clear.

Therefore, continuing to make snide comments about it, while refusing to deal with it where it can be dealt with, is just an expression of contempt and scorn, and says much about those who do it.
Post 210 IP   flag post
Collector mattness private msg quote post Address this user
I'd like to get my two cents in before I'm outta here for the weekend. I agree with what others are saying in regards to "if there's a will there's a way" There will always be someone pulling shenanigans. For example, some suggest a sticker on the slab. Shortly after CBCS released their "Raw Grade," a video popped up showing the removal of a 100% intact security sticker that was used elsewhere. Some say that the new CGC case is more secure. In reality, they come apart with a heat gun. You didn't think CGC sits around with butterknives and screwdrivers. The question is, what is it going to take to feel safe? I feel confident with CBCS safety measure. The only thing I would like to see is a more efficient quality control in making sure every book has the CBCS security measure. Simple fix, tighten up QC and lets get back this hobby that we love. See ya all Monday.
Post 211 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
Please guys, take this somewhere else. This thread is about one of the most serious issues that has come up for cbcs cases.

Post 212 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrbitCityComics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hexigore
Does anyone else think this has gotten a little out of hand? Just askin'.

"Little" is an under statement. We started out with a molehill and currently building the Appalachians all over again.

The part that's aggravating to me is the "concern" some are showing.

CBCS has a history of doing the right thing, and it's sad that some are demanding answers for a perceived issue that has to be proven to be an issue.

The issue has been proven, choosing to ignore evidence is your personal thing. I can't force eyes open, so I won't even try with you.

Further evidence will be incoming. Choose to look and learn, or choose not to. Don't care either way. But this concern is not a flippant one as you want to put it off as.

P.S. Nothing seen on the internet can be unseen. The original second video still exists for anyone who wishes to see it.
Post 213 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Id like to see the second vid if its possible
Post 214 IP   flag post
Collector OrbitCityComics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer
Id like to see the second vid if its possible

I want to see it again, but it was taken down from YouTube after being up for less than 10 minutes.
Post 215 IP   flag post
Collector RyanHicks private msg quote post Address this user
Here is the second video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08L5wbwqqSI

I am going to give my .02 cents on the barrage of topics that have arisen in this thread since it was started...I actually don't believe that the original video poster had strong malicious intent with posting the video. yes I know he is a CGC facilitator and yes I am sure there is some gain to be had by him posting that about one of his competitors and yes there are definitely ways he could have gone about it differently; however, in watching this event unfold, i can absolutely see how and why he did all the various things he did (first post the video with things off camera, then take the video down, then post updated video with details, then take the video down and then not responding to everyone hitting him up about his videos and then finally reposting and leaving it up). I think he was legitimately and fairly pointing out a major flaw in the CBCS case and while yes, we all know there are millions of CGC cases from previous years that are equally (or even more so) easily swappable, him posting that video was specific to the CBCS case so its not his legal obligation to back it up with comments about CGC's cases.

On the topic of the CBCS flaw; I have been with CBCS from the beginning and they have always (for the most part) done the right thing (as slow as it may take sometimes) so i have faith this will get resolved. I, like many of you, would appreciate a little more response from them in a little bit quicker fashion but that cannot be forced so that is up to them. I also have been a facilitator and re seller of thousands of CBCS slabs (and CGC as well) and while I do think this is a pretty big deal, this is not going to drastically change the way i submit or buy CBCS books and I'm willing to bet this will have a negligible impact on my ability to sell CBCS slabs in the future; especially if this gets resolved fairly quickly. I'm not going to discount the seriousness of this being out in the open but I am also not going to turn this molehill into a mountain as that will only hurt me and my business.

We all know that CBCS tries to take the comments from their fans and customers into consideration so lets please give them the benefit of the doubt that this will get resolved soon (but actually soon not #soon)
Post 216 IP   flag post
http://www.kaptainmyke.com/flix/torreyquella2.mov

There. I'm tired of him taking it down. (Just in case)

#CBCS4LIFESTILL
Post 217 IP   flag post
Collector RyanHicks private msg quote post Address this user
He most likely isn't going to take the most recent one (i posted in my previous post) down:

Post 218 IP   flag post
CBCS broke up with me over Facebook. CFP_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanHicks
He most likely isn't going to take the most recent one (i posted in my previous post) down:

At least we know he read this thread.
Post 219 IP   flag post
Collector OrbitCityComics private msg quote post Address this user
I noticed something about that case that is off.

Did anyone else notice it?

Hint: watch the right side of the case.
Post 220 IP   flag post
I've watched the video 3 times. What do you refer to?
Post 221 IP   flag post
@OrbitCityComics don't be coy, let us hear your observations.
Post 222 IP   flag post
Free flow of information is best for everyone.
Post 223 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mef

You're welcome.
Post 224 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
It's sad the case can be breached by something as simple as a beer bottle opener. :sad:
Post 225 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Ahhhh.... the deafening sound of panic when money is involved
Post 226 IP   flag post
Collector PeteN private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingNampa
It's sad the case can be breached by something as simple as a beer bottle opener. :sad:

agreed kingnampa...didn't know it would be that easy and fast..granted he's done it before...thanks to ryanhicks and the kaptain for posting the second vid.
Post 227 IP   flag post
Collector dpiercy private msg quote post Address this user
2nd video is disconcerting. So he cut through the heat seal, is that right?
Post 228 IP   flag post
@dpiercy no, he cut a slit along the top edge to slide the label. All heat seals were left intact, and the heat seal edges were not touching the label as they are supposed to.
Post 229 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
He keeps saying "Take your top off"
Post 230 IP   flag post
601453 606 30
Thread locked. No more posts permitted. Return home.