Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Star Wars price variants found by newb3900

Collector DocBrown private msg quote post Address this user
Over at CGC, there was a thread by a newb, an admitted non-comics person, claiming they'd found the price variants.

For the 10,000th time, someone comes along and claims they're "not a collector", but had managed to find the "35 cent variants", but with no pics, of course. And every time, they turn out to be the reprints....

...except this time:

Now how damn cool is THAT??

Those books are just MURDER to find in the wild. You could look for decades, and never come across one. Hopefully, the user isn't a catfish, but if it's true, that's super cool.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Ima gonna steal this and look for some occasion to use it! IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
Yes, I saw the thread and replied with some advice on selling. She PM'd me thanking me. Seems to be just what she says. Stuff she bought back in the day and never got rid of nor gave a lot of thought to.

She says it was a (male) co-worker that encouraged her to bring her comics in for him to see and that discovered some she had were valuable.
Post 2 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Post 3 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JWKyle private msg quote post Address this user
Nice find. Good to see good stuff still turns up out of the blue.
Post 4 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
Nice! Never seen one in the wild myself
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector ZosoRocks private msg quote post Address this user
This is very sweet....and I am noticing that they are both newsies....cool stuff.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector ZosoRocks private msg quote post Address this user
Oh yeah Doc....had to give you some love for posting.

Cheers and thanks for the new stock photos!!

😃😃

😇😇
Post 7 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
@DocBrown So what's the story with the #1? For sale? Already sold? Up for auction? We need the 411.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Ima gonna steal this and look for some occasion to use it! IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
@DocBrown So what's the story with the #1? For sale? Already sold? Up for auction? We need the 411.

I haven't asked, but based on her questions and the answers, it's likely she is waiting until a couple of other books come back from CGC (a 35 cent Variant Star Wars 2 and IM 55) and will sell them then.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
How awesome.

For some reason, I thought only #1 had a .35 cent variant. Cool to see the others.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector DocBrown private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
How awesome.

For some reason, I thought only #1 had a .35 cent variant. Cool to see the others.

Every regular Marvel (not magazines or treasuries, natch) published with a June to October, 1977 cover date has a 35 cent variant.
Post 11 IP   flag post
603697 11 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?