CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Copper AgeComics Modern AgeComics Silver AgeMovies TelevisionPop Culture

Adam West died3096

COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
Lets make a memorial thread. Very sad news for us fans
Post 1 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR BigRig private msg quote post Address this user
Thats very sad news. He always seemed to be having a good time laughing talking the batman. Even today I still enjoy the old 66 version. Wish I could have meet him one day RIP Adam West
Post 2 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
I didn't know he was sick.
Post 3 IP   flag post
@DrWatson

He had leukaemia
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector comicsforme private msg quote post Address this user
Nice and very gentle man. He once sang a song to my wife at Dallas Con years ago. Will be missed. A real Batman Hero.
Post 5 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Sad news.

RIP Mayor Adam West.

Still my favorite Batman to this day.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector no1lufcfan private msg quote post Address this user
Yes very sad news. RIP Adam West.

I still remember paying 6d to get in when Batman was a feature at Saturday morning cinima.

Shockingly bad, well camp acting especially by today's standards but captivating to watch as a young child and always ended on a cliffhanger so you just could not wait to go next week to see how he escaped.......wonderful memories.
Post 7 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
This is very sad news . While I wasn't a contemporary of his Batman show, I always thought he had a great sense of humor in his recent years.

RIP Adam We
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector Mef private msg quote post Address this user
I met Adam West at DCC. I walked up to get his autograph and greeted him by saying MAYOR WEST! Without missing a beat he said in that smooth voice "Ah, one of my constituents." One of my favorite memories to date. RIP Mayor West.
Post 9 IP   flag post
I forget he did voive over for mayor west always loved them as well. Here is a podcast of him talking about his work with Kevin Smith I just listened to last week.

Podcast
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector KiloGraham private msg quote post Address this user
Almost at a loss for words. Adam West was one of my childhood inspirations, I even went out for Halloween as his batman in a custom costume made by my mother.

Mr. West, you and your strange (borderline stalker) obsession with Eartha Kitt will be greatly missed.

So glad I had the opportunity to see him last year.

Post 11 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Foghorn_Sam private msg quote post Address this user
One of the last of a dying breed of actors/actresses that had a charming class about them. RIP Mr. West, thanks for the memories.

1928-2017
Post 12 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
😭
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector Absolute_Zero private msg quote post Address this user
Wow I was shocked that on of my favorite Dark Knight passed away.😢 It a shame that I was not able to meet him but my childhood will always have the great memories of watching Batman TV show reruns. Were every you are Adam West you left a great legacy and more important left a child believe that Shark Replete Spay works on any shark. RIP Adam West AKA Batman you have done so much for us. Heaven has all time great detective with them now

Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
Adam West is Batman song

Starring Adam West, the documentary about him was a great look at him.

RIP

(BTW, Since the announcement was made all of the signed photos of him and Bert Ward went to "out of stock" status on his website).
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector Zombiebigfoot private msg quote post Address this user
Met him @ last years MC3 (Motor City Comic-Con). When he arrived for autographs, the whole crowd, and I mean the WHOLE crowd, just erupted! His entrance was akin to that of a rock star, which to all of us he was. Charmed & humbled, he greeted us all with as much enthusiasm as we gave him. It's a great memory of a man who gave us all great memories of him.

R.I.P. Great Sir, you will be forever missed 😭

Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector dpiercy private msg quote post Address this user
Really bummed. Locking myself away to watch all my Adam West Batman stuff.

Post 17 IP   flag post
Collector KiloGraham private msg quote post Address this user
We all remember Adam West as Batman, but did you know he portrayed another fictitious hero?

If you were born in the 80's (or earlier) you probably remember the "Goosebumps" book series written by R.L. Stein (I believe R.L. Stein hired ghost writers for the majority of the books but that's besides the point). The 25th book in the series was called Attack of the Mutant and centred around a young boy who believed a villain from his favourite comic had come to life, The Masked Mutant. The masked Mutant was opposed by a superhero named The Galloping Gazelle, portrayed in the television adaptation by the one and only Adam West.

Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector VaComicsGuy private msg quote post Address this user
I had the good fortune to meet him on several occasions. He was always a very nice man and he seemed to really enjoy interacting with his fans. I'm not a big autograph collector but I have 2 or 3 tickets and about a half a dozen comics that he signed for me. In my opinion, he is the definitive Batman.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Collector dpiercy private msg quote post Address this user
So bummed. 😢 Image courtesy of @bosslogic on Instagram.

Post 20 IP   flag post
Collector no1lufcfan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towmater
Adam West is Batman song

Starring Adam West, the documentary about him was a great look at him.

RIP

(BTW, Since the announcement was made all of the signed photos of him and Bert Ward went to "out of stock" status on his website).

Never heard that song before so thanks for sharing, I thought it was great and the video clips to go with it brilliant!!!
Post 21 IP   flag post
Collector Savage_Spawn private msg quote post Address this user
Would have loved to have met and talked to him. My family and I loved watching those Batman adventures each week with the "cliff hanger" endings. Rest in peace.

🌇🌅 🌂🤡💣🕵️‍♀️💰 🎶☎️🏰🕶🗯 💥 ⛼❇🌌
Post 22 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
😟
Post 23 IP   flag post
Collector Savage_Spawn private msg quote post Address this user
To follow up a bit, I remember all of the family riveted to the action on the tv show. My Dad would be laughing thru each episode which puzzled us. Finally we asked him "Dad, don't you like Batman?" He replied with a great big smile on his face "I Love Batman!!!"......
Post 24 IP   flag post
Collector VillageIdiot private msg quote post Address this user
Cheers to the playa rest well. You will be remembered.
Post 25 IP   flag post
Collector KCBatmanFan private msg quote post Address this user
I met Adam West twice, once as a child at an Auto Show, wearing his full TV Batman costume, and then 20 years later at a convention. Both times he had that same, gracious calmness that he has as Batman/Bruce Wayne on TV. Very sad to see him go. 'Til next time, old chum. Same bat time, same bat channel.
Post 26 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Adam West was a great public speaker.

I saw his panel at NYCC when the Batman TV show came out on DVD (Blue Ray?). Only panel I had time for that year but well worth it.

Post 27 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Foghorn_Sam private msg quote post Address this user
Adam West on Big Bang Theory. Who's the best "Batman"? Classic stuff.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=adam+west+on+big+bang+theory&view=detail&mid=7CE1357F0701F6259EDD7CE1357F0701F6259EDD&FORM=VIRE
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user

I met Adam once neary 28 years ago. It was the summer that Batman: The Movie (Tim Burton/Michael Keaton) hit theaters, and he was getting some attention as publically was letting everyone know he should have played the role (despite being 60).

At the time, I thought he was a nutball, but somehow the local college (10 minutes from my house) had gotten him to come to my small town and speak for one night...and somehow I scored a ticket. And to my surprise he didn't really say much about the new movie or his disgruntlement...but spoke about his personal experiences playing batman, about the cast...and although I don't remember much of that he said (I was 15), what I do remember is he just had a presence about him and a sense of humor that you gravitated towards...and even getting his autograph he just seemed so happy to be there, even as he signed my comic book (Batman 440, which he had nothing to do with)...the only thing I could think of having him sign as it was a last minute thing.

But he made that night special for me...and every time I pull this comic out with his autograph out I smile. Every time. And part of that is because he IS somewhat of a nutball...but in the best and most charming of ways.

It is sad to see he is gone. I had purchased Batman 66 with artists renditions of him and burt ward on the cover hoping to get it signed by the two at Terrificon, a mere 10 minutes from where I now live. The opportunity to see him again after all these years, knowing he was still essentially the same person I had met nearly 30 years ago, was a chance I was not going to pass up. I was even considering bringing the comic he signed 28 years ago (with ticket stub) for fun/nostalgia's sake. However, it is not meant to be.

Attached are the two comics...the one he signed 28 years ago (and stub) and the one I was hoping he and burt would sign in August.

RIP Adam.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
clickable text

The batusi!
Post 30 IP   flag post
601501 60 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?