Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

How much does a good grade raw Venom: Lethal Protector #1 cost20690

I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
I might be given a late birthday gift to get something nice at Heroes Con. Not holy grail nice or a really good slab as will likely be around $40.

so want to get something good that is worth getting graded. I have been thinking about Venom Lethal Protector #1. how much do a good grade (maybe 9.0 at worst) cost
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector comicsforme private msg quote post Address this user
EBay has a 9.6 $72.That's with shipping.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector KCBatmanFan private msg quote post Address this user
You can probably find a graded 9.0 Lethal Protector for not much more than $40. A raw 9.2-9.6 isn’t a lot more.

If your ultimate plan is a slabbed display piece, I’d buy already slabbed as it will definitely be cheaper than book plus slabbing plus shipping.

eBay and MyComicShop have this book across every grade and price range.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Belarak private msg quote post Address this user
Venom: Lethal Protector was one of the most printed books of 1992. Comichron lists them at #3. To give you an example, Spawn was #5 and they estimate 1.7 million copies were sold. While print runs of both books were extremely high, they do still have some value based on what they represent.

High grade raws sell for between $20-$35. You could probably get a graded 9.8 for around $100. I don't see him on the HeroesCon list but Sam DeLa Rosa, the artist, does shows almost every weekend. He used to charge extra to sign that book. I don't know if that's still true but I got mine signed at Pensacola in 2021 with no premium.
Post 4 IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
good to know. plan is to get hopefully a good copy to grade next year (or whenever next submission I do) with my secret wars #8 (I believe people here said its around an 8.0 but its signed by Shooter, Zeck and Beatty) so want to grade something to go niceley with it

so 1st issue in venom's first solo series goes great with first chronically appearance of symboite
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector TheShocker private msg quote post Address this user
I agree with @Belarak for a solid copy it's about $20-25 raw. Sam De La Rosa Still charges extra when signing that book. He is listed at a con I'm going to be attending. Happy hunting.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShocker
I agree with @Belarak for a solid copy it's about $20-25 raw. Sam De La Rosa Still charges extra when signing that book. He is listed at a con I'm going to be attending. Happy hunting.

that's how much Im hoping to spend. unless I see a graded copy for around my total budget (if I have to combine the likely $40 with the weekend budget I will). saves me the time vs getting it and then grading.
Post 7 IP   flag post
want it as I remember having the issue as a kid when it was released. don't know what happened to it. I see its a key issue people like getting graded so figured try now.
Post 8 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by power_struggle55
want it as I remember having the issue as a kid when it was released. don't know what happened to it. I see its a key issue people like getting graded so figured try now.

Good luck with your search!
Post 9 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Bro… that book has book has been over hyped for a while now. I agree with others on pricing and plenty are to be had at reasonable prices. I so happen to have at least 1 raw copy no less than 9.2 imo that has no particular need to be held onto on my behalf. (hint, hint)
Post 10 IP   flag post
would be nice to have a snugger fit. Sigur_Ros private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HulkSmash
Bro… that book has book has been over hyped for a while now. I agree with others on pricing and plenty are to be had at reasonable prices. I so happen to have at least 1 raw copy no less than 9.2 imo that has no particular need to be held onto on my behalf. (hint, hint)

Guess that's a no..
Post 11 IP   flag post
602407 11 11