CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
NFL Football

NFL off season trades, news, etc20548

CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Sorry to lose Sutton? Nah.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector michaelekrupp private msg quote post Address this user
Sutton was a rare misstep by Brad Holmes. Given the Lions’ commitment to character guys I am not surprised that they released him. The cap hit sucks, but they should eventually be able to have most of the impact negated since he seems to have violated the league’s personal conduct policy. Sutton was basically a CB2 who Detroit thought could fill the role of a CB1. It does mean they will be looking for secondary help in the draft, which was probably already in the plan anyway. Honestly, I figured if Sutton played next season like he played last season he would be gone at the end of next year anyway.
Post 27 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
I had some weird dreams last night of me throwing a tantrum while trying to watch the 24-25 NFL season. Anyone else disappointed in the rule changes?
Post 28 IP   flag post
I'm not a plagiarist. I'm also not illiterate. drmccoy74 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
I had some weird dreams last night of me throwing a tantrum while trying to watch the 24-25 NFL season. Anyone else disappointed in the rule changes?
Yes. I don't like change. To me change is rarely for the better.
Post 29 IP   flag post
@flanders I think the kickoff rule could be interesting. I am looking forward to seeing how it plays out in preseason. It definitely provides another wrinkle. Plus, touchbacks have never really excited me. I am a little sick of them finding new ways to penalize players for tackling. Football is a violent game. Injuries are part of the game and the players are very well paid for the risks they take. I think an interesting exercise is to go back and look at the highlight reel of a guy like Ronnie Lott, arguably the greatest player ever to play his position. In today’s game virtually every tackle he made would be a penalty, fine or suspension! If the league really cared about player safety, they would mandate natural grass fields, which would likely reduce injuries far more than another stupid tackling penalty. But you will never see that because it would cost them money. So do they really care about player safety or do they care about appearing to care about player safety as long as it doesn’t cost them?
Post 30 IP   flag post

Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
I was hoping they would change when a fumble on the field goes out of bounds in the endzone it results in a touchback. But alas, it's not meant to be this year.
Post 31 IP   flag post
I'm not a plagiarist. I'm also not illiterate. drmccoy74 private msg quote post Address this user
Vikings fans I saw a mock draft show where the Cardinals trade Kyler Murray to to Vikings for thier 1st and 3rd and then draft J.J. McCarthy. Seems like a win win?
Post 32 IP   flag post
I'd rather that the Vikes draft McCarthy.
Post 33 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
I'd rather that the Vikes draft McCarthy.
I don't think he drops past five or six.

In my opinion Kyler Murray is awesome. I feel he is dynamic minus the injuries.
Post 34 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by drmccoy74
Vikings fans I saw a mock draft show where the Cardinals trade Kyler Murray to to Vikings for thier 1st and 3rd and then draft J.J. McCarthy. Seems like a win win?
That was Tannenbaum’s. He’s entertaining but he probably doesn’t have a GM job anymore for a reason.
Post 35 IP   flag post
@Jesse_O I actually like the fumble out of the end zone rule. Yes, it sucks when it happens to your team, but it adds excitement and a potential game changing play.

The Vikes seem poised to make a move in the draft to get a QB. No way do I see them settling for a retread like Kyler Murray. Not only does he have an injury history but his work ethic has been questioned in the past. There is buzz that the Commanders may take McCarthy at #2. Of course, any information that comes out a month ahead of the draft is probably just smoke. I do think there is a real chance we could see QBs going 1-4 this year (a first?), mainly due to desperation and partly due to the projected weakness of next year’s QB class.
Post 36 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
The NFL may as well get rid of the kickoff at this point and move the starting field position back to the 20. The idea of getting 5 free yards for not competing needs to go away.
Post 37 IP   flag post
Went out to my buddy’s today and scored a new shirt. He was to lazy and wouldn’t return a wrong size order to Jeff.

Post 38 IP   flag post

Post 39 IP   flag post
Anyone else watching the draft?
Post 40 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
Anyone else watching the draft?
back and forth
Draft
Canes/Islanders
Panthers/Lightning and the Knicks
Whew!
Post 41 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user
Post 42 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Flipping back and forth between the hockey and the draft.
Post 43 IP   flag post
J.J. McCarthy is a Viking!!! That's all I wanted to see.
Post 44 IP   flag post
Atlanta going QB is the only real surprise so far. Well, that and there has been no defender selected in the first 10 picks. Congrats to @Jesse_O and the Vikings for getting their guy.
Post 45 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
I am happy for JJ. We were surprised that he was not down there for the event being that he lives so close.
Post 46 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user
😻
Post 47 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelekrupp
Atlanta going QB is the only real surprise so far. Well, that and there has been no defender selected in the first 10 picks. Congrats to @Jesse_O and the Vikings for getting their guy.
Atlanta should have gone with a defensive player.
Post 48 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianGreensnips
I am happy for JJ. We were surprised that he was not down there for the event being that he lives so close.

That really surprised me too.
Post 49 IP   flag post
It looks like the Vikes traded up to 17 and got a great defensive player in Dallas Turner. That pleases me!!!
Post 50 IP   flag post
Wow! I can’t believe the Lions were able to get Terrion Arnold! I figured there was a zero percent chance they could get anywhere near him! Unbelievable!
Post 51 IP   flag post
Quote:
Wow! I can’t believe the Lions were able to get Terrion Arnold! I figured there was a zero percent chance they could get anywhere near him! Unbelievable!
I was really happy to see them move up and get their CB.
Post 52 IP   flag post
I would be pissed if I were a Falcon fan. Especially with the South being a weak division. They could have done more to help them now.
Post 53 IP   flag post
Quote:
We got Arnold and Carlton Davis with a third round pick each. Holmes is a genius.
Post 54 IP   flag post
@michaelekrupp, I’m appalled you would congratulate a division opponent, even if it is @Jesse_O.
Post 55 IP   flag post
602975 56 30