Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

CBCS- Community Engagement20304

I wish I had a title. ComicNinja0215 private msg quote post Address this user
Could there be a membership incentive?? I know they do that across the street but couldn't hurt.
Post 201 IP   flag post
Collector Travis private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicNinja0215
Could there be a membership incentive?? I know they do that across the street but couldn't hurt.

Nope this shouldn’t be some inclusive club that you have to pay to join to get your comics slabed and graded that one of the reasons that I even went with cbcs over cgc because they didn’t have membership fees
Post 202 IP   flag post
I wish I had a title. ComicNinja0215 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis
Quote:

Nope this shouldn’t be some inclusive club that you have to pay to join to get your comics slabed and graded that one of the reasons that I even went with cbcs over cgc because they didn’t have membership fees

Valid point 👍👍👍
Post 203 IP   flag post
would be nice to have a snugger fit. Sigur_Ros private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis
Quote:

I pay $120 renewal of my membership and with that I get $150 submission credit. CGC is paying me to use them.

If I don't do it within the renewal window then I pay $150 for the $150 credit.

The bonuses that come with that are of no interest to me.

CBCS stopped offering vouchers for some reason. Not sure if it's because customer service didn't seem familiar with them or a disinterest in giving paying members any tangible appreciation.
Post 204 IP   flag post
I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user
Hi @Wade_Story - I'd like to emphasize @BrashLimburg's post about imaging. This is not something the submitter should have to pay for. CBCS has been making great strides in many areas, and this is one that you should not let the folks in Sarasota get too far ahead with.
Post 205 IP   flag post

Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
just something I wished was an option rather than a question.

When I send books to CBCS I pack as well as I can - no movement when I shake, bubble wrap and peanuts etc. etc.

BUT - that doesn't mean something still couldn't happen - wish there was an option for CBCS to contact us if obvious damage was done to the box so we could add pressing to save any crumpled items

Hasn't happened to me...but was just something I was wonder/worrying about......
Post 206 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
@KatKomics great question. I've read too many horror stories about obviously damaged books being graded instead of providing evidence of the damages, including the damaged packaging, so that an insurance claim can be filed.
Post 207 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wade_Story
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nearmint67
Quote:
Quote:
@Nearmint67 Live grading is tricky. It can be difficult to show specific defects on camera for photos, even with great lighting - let alone live video. That being said, I have made suggestions for some educational content, and I hope the idea will pick up steam soon. The approval process for new ideas tends to take some time.

Edit: After some pondering on how I could make this work for the forum, I think I have an idea. Stay tuned. May not be a video, but I can definitely make something work.

Any progress here???

Wade, you on vacation over there???
@Nearmint67 Not on vacation. It’s just going to take some time for me to put this together in a way I think will work.

So, how much time we talking about here Wade? 2 months? 6 months? 2030'????
You can do eeeeeeeeeeeeet.... If you try...

How did Wade cross the road, he took the first step...and kept on going....
Can we get a first step here @Wade_Story
Post 208 IP   flag post
CBCS Finalizer Wade_Story private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
@Nearmint67 Live grading is tricky. It can be difficult to show specific defects on camera for photos, even with great lighting - let alone live video. That being said, I have made suggestions for some educational content, and I hope the idea will pick up steam soon. The approval process for new ideas tends to take some time.

Edit: After some pondering on how I could make this work for the forum, I think I have an idea. Stay tuned. May not be a video, but I can definitely make something work.

Any progress here???

Wade, you on vacation over there???
@Nearmint67 Not on vacation. It’s just going to take some time for me to put this together in a way I think will work.

So, how much time we talking about here Wade? 2 months? 6 months? 2030'????
You can do eeeeeeeeeeeeet.... If you try...

How did Wade cross the road, he took the first step...and kept on going....
Can we get a first step here @Wade_Story

Every time you ask I add on 2 months , just kidding. In all seriousness, I have some pieces put together for one of the posts. My plan as it stands now would be individual posts about defects (what are they, what causes them- like foxing), pictures of different severities, how the grade is affected in a broad sense, and maybe a bit more general information. Unfortunately, videos just aren’t feasible for the forum at this time.

While this project is on my priority list, it is not exactly as high as some others. This is just going to be an individual thing for me to work on in my spare time to get for you all as a resource. (Unfortunately spare time is something that I don’t have a lot of right now). But I do want to get it done, and do it in a way I feel would be the most beneficial.
Post 209 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
@Wade_Story We will be watching, and waiting, anticipating... lol....
You can dooooo eeeeeet..... right?!?!
Post 210 IP   flag post
602410 210 10