Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

OT; What are you eating / cooking part 419809

The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Mustard? Yech
Post 1 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Sauerkraut?
Post 2 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Lately I've been on a Twizzlers kick.
Post 3 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@DrWatson

Only had that with corned beef, but I'd give it a try.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Staple topics, nice. makahuka private msg quote post Address this user
Shredded beef tacos, Spanish rice, refried beans, it's Taco Tuesday for my family in Diego.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector RexMuff private msg quote post Address this user
First batch of peppers from the garden, seems like everything has been about a month behind here in Jersey. Some Hot Portugals, Cherries, Hungarian Hot Wax, Jalapeños, and a few Carolina Reapers for good measure. Outta be a kick in the mouth. And for HeinzDad,
This is basically a base sauce, you can jazz it up however you want. 35-40 Jalapeños, Carolina Reapers, and Cherry Peppers smoked 2-3 hours
Clean seeds and blend with:

2 Tbs honey
3 Tbs lime juice
3 garlic cloves
2 tsp salt
Add apple cider vinegar and blend until desired texture
Post 6 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
I’m only posting this to get in on notifications of the best thread. Having BLT’s with garden lettuce and these tomatoes. It’s only three tomatoes but three different ones.

Post 7 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte @DavetheBrave I found a low sodium Turkey Bacon option from Jennie-O. It has 400 mg per 2oz vs the normal 1900 mg per 2oz serving. It's not as good, but still a decent enough car snack to keep me from making worse decisions when driving hungry. I fry up the whole package and parcel it into snack bags for refrigeration. Probably the salt is replaced by some other artificial additive that is even worse for my health.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWeeB1967
Lately I've been on a Twizzlers kick.

attaboy! Haven't had Twizzlers in years but I liked both red and black. Never liked any of the other flavor options. Wiley Wallaby Black licorice is still my occasional cheat to a candy-free diet.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Rotisserie chicken breast, rice and kimchi a couple nights ago:

Finally fulfilled my New Years resolution to use the Instant Pot to make Chicken Noodle Soup from the leftover Rotisserie chicken. I think the noodles absorbed much of what should have been the soup:

Post 10 IP   flag post
Drunken Zucchini Boats. Roasted tomatoes, peppers, onions, mushrooms, and garlic with ground turkey on a halved zucchini. Add provolone, mozzarella, fresh basil and parsley… giggity. The tomatoes, peppers, zucchini, and herbs were straight from the garden. The drunken part is cause the kid is out for the night. Giggity
Post 11 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by RexMuff
Drunken Zucchini Boats. Roasted tomatoes, peppers, onions, mushrooms, and garlic with ground turkey on a halved zucchini. Add provolone, mozzarella, fresh basil and parsley… giggity. The tomatoes, peppers, zucchini, and herbs were straight from the garden. The drunken part is cause the kid is out for the night. Giggity

Looks delicious.

Winner, winner turkey dinner.
Post 12 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
I grilled burgers tonight. Pretty tasty.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Split this with my buddy. Pretty tasty. Looked just like picture too

Post 14 IP   flag post
Skirt steak, peppers, and onions for fajitas. Breaded eggplant in the back. Hungarian Hot Wax and Long Hots stuffed with mozzarella, provolone, mortadella, and Genoa salami. Topped with tomatoes from the garden. The wife is cookin up some fried green tomatoes. Giggity
Post 15 IP   flag post
I’ve never tried skirt steaks. Maybe I outta.
Post 16 IP   flag post
@HeinzDad

It's not bad. It's typically used in Chinese restaurants and tex Mexican places from what I understand.
Post 17 IP   flag post
@HeinzDad, skirt steak’s gotta be done right as not to be left with beef jerky. A five minute sear on each side is all it needs. A marinade with oil also helps
Post 18 IP   flag post
Quote:
@HeinzDad, skirt steak’s gotta be done right as not to be left with beef jerky. A five minute sear on each side is all it needs. A marinade with oil also helps
I have heard this. I tend to wander though. Maybe that’s why I’ve never tried it.

I’ve got cucumbers fallen out me bum. We just went and gave 4 to each of our neighbors again and I’ve eaten them every night for two weeks. They are my favorite part of our garden though.

Post 19 IP   flag post
@HeinzDad, some fresh sliced cucumber dipped in this stuff is magic.
Post 20 IP   flag post
I remember buying this book and a package of cucumbers for a coworker. Thankfully no lawsuit.

Post 21 IP   flag post
Sliced cucumbers with onions, and pepper out of the garden salted the night before you want them. Drain the next morning and add rice wine vinegar, sesame oil, seeds, red pepper flake, and honey.
Post 22 IP   flag post

Post 23 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Chicken for me and burgers for Timmy.

Post 24 IP   flag post
Timmy eats better than you? Lol
J/k
Post 25 IP   flag post
Quote:
@HeinzDad, some fresh sliced cucumber dipped in this stuff is magic.

I'm a big fan of Tajin but I swear it spikes my blood pressure. Never actually tested it but it just gives me that hyper-tension feeling.
Post 26 IP   flag post
@EbayMafia

Apparently they sell a low sodium version.

Post 27 IP   flag post
@Bronte 190mg is really not all that significant an amount of sodium. And it doesn't have any MSG either. Must be something else.
Post 28 IP   flag post
I dunno. From what I read the low salt version has

Ingredients
chili peppers, sea salt, citric acid, dehydrated lime juice, potassium chloride, silicon dioxide (to prevent caking)

I can't imagine anything causing you to physically that way cept the salt.

Msg is kind of a weird topic. Some folks say they are allergic to it, but when they eat it without knowing, apparently there is no detriment.

Edit
1/4 teaspoon is serving size
Post 29 IP   flag post
Apparently, I am easily annoyed. Rbolton private msg quote post Address this user

Made a baked Ziti and Lemon blueberry cheesecake for my moms bday
Post 30 IP   flag post
602399 786 30