Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Golden Age

The Golden Age of comics19

Collector Moomba private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthshaker01
Ok pulled the trigger sent in another 50 books in today. So I have 88 being graded. Hopefully exciting times to come.

Wow that's living up to your board name.

I have a recent acquisition, that's screaming for a re-submit.

Post 1326 IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moomba
Quote:
Ok pulled the trigger sent in another 50 books in today. So I have 88 being graded. Hopefully exciting times to come.

Wow that's living up to your board name.

I have a recent acquisition, that's screaming for a re-submit.

Don't hold back. Crack and press it aND who knows what grad eyou could get. Worth the gamble.on a book like that.
Post 1327 IP   flag post
Collector Watcher private msg quote post Address this user
Ha! @earthshaker...you must be hitting the bottle still from New Years...I appreciate the kind words, but my collection is 1/1000th of just what you've posted on the boards . I only have a handful of Golden. Kicking myself for not going balls deep into that era - the first books I ever bought on Ebay (back before automobiles were around) were my okajima and my Forbidden worlds #5...things were so cheap back then (reminds me of my ex wife)
Post 1328 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watcher
Ha! @earthshaker...you must be hitting the bottle still from New Years...I appreciate the kind words, but my collection is 1/1000th of just what you've posted on the boards . I only have a handful of Golden. Kicking myself for not going balls deep into that era - the first books I ever bought on Ebay (back before automobiles were around) were my okajima and my Forbidden worlds #5...things were so cheap back then (reminds me of my ex wife)

Woah, if you have 1/1000th of the books that Earthshaker has, I must have 1/10,000th.
Post 1329 IP   flag post
While were waiting for Earthshaker's latest I have this book to offer. I acquired this book in the fall of 1998 along with several other books signed by Margaret Perry.

Post 1330 IP   flag post

You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
I just picked up this 6.5 no rips or tears as soon as I get it I'll clean and press. Then I'll post before and afters. Easily fixable to an 8.5
Jing-Pals#1

Post 1331 IP   flag post
Collector Sagii private msg quote post Address this user
Cool pickups gents!Teen Humor is on fire right now! Here's an early DC Comics title of the genre
Post 1332 IP   flag post
PEDIGREED... Again! martymann private msg quote post Address this user
@earthshaker01 Never saw a #1 or #2...

OO

mm
Post 1333 IP   flag post
@martymann I actually have a nice #1 already this will make my second copy. Going to clean both up amd send in. Never seen the #2, but then again o usually only grab #1's, cool book
Post 1334 IP   flag post
Yet another book signed by Margaret Perry. I picked up a few western books when I just started collecting. Cannot recall many folks posting this title, but it has fine pencil and ink work inside by Fred Guardineer.

Post 1335 IP   flag post
Collector Gd4901 private msg quote post Address this user
Yesterday's pickups

Post 1336 IP   flag post
Collector Gd4901 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 1337 IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
Nice pick-ups @Gd4901!

Continuing in the spirit of desirable foxes,
here's a sweet Fox from my collection...

Post 1338 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gd4901

Nice!!
Post 1339 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatmanAmerica
Nice pick-ups @Gd4901!

Continuing in the spirit of desirable foxes,
here's a sweet Fox from my collection...

love it! Classic!
Post 1340 IP   flag post
Picked up another high grade Ziff-davis #10 (#1) I had been looking for.
Post 1341 IP   flag post
Quote:

Nice looking book. I had that issue, but in LG, a few years back.
Post 1342 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moomba
Quote:

Nice looking book. I had that issue, but in LG, a few years back.
yea you'll find that Ziff-davis books are hard to find in anything above a 8.0, atleast the first few issues of a series are. Not sure about the #5s,6s, etc...but I know the #1's and 2's are.
Post 1343 IP   flag post
I have a planned acquisition for a book that is so secret I don't dare dare mention it to the better half. It might be a few months before I can pull the trigger on that deal. In the meantime I have this issue of Whiz comics to share. Captain Marvel doesn't seem to command quite the collector respect he did a few years ago, but the upside is the books are more affordable.

Post 1344 IP   flag post
Well order coming back of 17 books here are 6 I can show you now that they selected and are on cbcs website under featured comics tab.

Snuggy #1 only graded copy I know of
Post 1345 IP   flag post

Post 1346 IP   flag post

Post 1347 IP   flag post

1933 highest if any other are graded
Post 1348 IP   flag post

Post 1349 IP   flag post

Post 1350 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

What documentation did you provide to make it a file copy?
Post 1351 IP   flag post
Quote:

I was surprised to see a late 60's date on this book, as it has a nice mid 50's look to it!
Post 1352 IP   flag post
Quote:

1933 highest if any other are graded
Beautiful examples and rare stuff all around my friend! NICE!!!!
Post 1353 IP   flag post
So if you look in the center of this pic you'll see an 8.5 og the I nfamous Y-1 Donald Duck Atom Bomb. I decided to crack it clean it and press it.
It is coming back with my current order. Here is a pic of the grafe. Now a awesome 9.6. Whoop whoop. Worth the 30 minutes I spent working on it I guess.

Post 1354 IP   flag post

Post 1355 IP   flag post
601487 5588 30