Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Golden Age

The Golden Age of comics19

Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user

Post 1126 IP   flag post

Post 1127 IP   flag post
this one was purchased as 8.5 which is about right - paper color is a bit more brownish near the spine than I had hoped for though. will see how much is will impact the grade

Post 1128 IP   flag post
Collector Sagii private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
got a few more
Nice! Wow, you pick the best copies sir! Loving these covers!
Post 1129 IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
@Sagii hey I see you added some books on MySlabbed Comics website. Cool stuff my friend. I think of uploaded a couple hundred or so. I just added some more.
Post 1130 IP   flag post

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthshaker01
@Sagii hey I see you added some books on MySlabbed Comics website. Cool stuff my friend. I think of uploaded a couple hundred or so. I just added some more.
Yes, i have! Thanks! And i have viewed everyone of your treasures there , and @poka .
Post 1131 IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
@Sagii well not all of the. I have another 800 I need to scan when I get a chance and upload them, lol. Keep me coming my friend love your books.
Post 1132 IP   flag post
Quote:
@Sagii well not all of the. I have another 800 I need to scan when I get a chance and upload them, lol. Keep me coming my friend love your books.
Sentiment is mutual buddy. I'm glad with the recent Beckett merger and eventual forum modifications (sub forums) You, @poka, @martymann @drchaos @badger some others here and myself can really get some cool Gold Thread themes going.
Post 1133 IP   flag post

Post 1134 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagii

Awesome book. I have Cookie in one book. Not sure it's same character. It's call Topsy-Turvy #1
Post 1135 IP   flag post
Just got this recently. Snuggy #1 1946 pretty clean book. Can't wit to get my hands on it and clean and press.
Post 1136 IP   flag post
@earthshaker01 Always glad to see when someone else is up when you're posting this late, lol. Yes it is the same character. Topsy Turvy book is his first appearance before moving over to ACG in his own series.
Post 1137 IP   flag post
Quote:
Just got this recently. Snuggy #1 1946 pretty clean book. Can't wit to get my hands on it and clean and press.
NICE! New one to me. Great pick up!
Post 1138 IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
Here's my only duck cover, one where the officer didn't, at least quick enough...

Post 1139 IP   flag post

Post 1140 IP   flag post
Collector Khumbu private msg quote post Address this user
This is one I just got back...

It's a terrible picture sorry about that
Post 1141 IP   flag post

Post 1142 IP   flag post
@Sagii remember when I got this rare 1944 beauty back.

Well shhhhh...I didn't tell anyone, but I got these two I found over the years as well. I cleaned and pressed these two as well. Have to send them in soon for grading.

Post 1143 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khumbu
This is one I just got back...

It's a terrible picture sorry about that
Cool book there!Congrats!
Post 1144 IP   flag post
Quote:
@Sagii remember when I got this rare 1944 beauty back.

Well shhhhh...I didn't tell anyone, but I got these two I found over the years as well. I cleaned and pressed these two as well. Have to send them in soon for grading.

That book is on radars now, you are a very lucky collector! Esoteric indeed!
Post 1145 IP   flag post
@Sagii uggg...pulled the trigger and sent 34 higher grade obscure esoteric golden age and silver age #1's and #nn's today. I'm sure you'll enjoy a few. Now we just have to wait.
Post 1146 IP   flag post
Quote:
@Sagii uggg...pulled the trigger and sent 34 higher grade obscure esoteric golden age and silver age #1's and #nn's today. I'm sure you'll enjoy a few. Now we just have to wait.
As always, while I can't wait, it's always worth the wait !🍻
Post 1147 IP   flag post
Collector Dick_Pontoon private msg quote post Address this user

Post 1148 IP   flag post

Post 1149 IP   flag post

Post 1150 IP   flag post

Post 1151 IP   flag post
Just got this one back from Joe/CFP - Note the paper quality - white pages for a book from 1945 - not bad!!!

Post 1152 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
Just got this one back from Joe/CFP - Note the paper quality - white pages for a book from 1945 - not bad!!!

Very nice @poka! Congrats!
Post 1153 IP   flag post
This why I use cbcs instead of cgc. The only two 8.5s known. Mine the cbcs one. Also a tribute because IFC is showing Three Stooges marathon today.
Post 1154 IP   flag post
Quote:
This why I use cbcs instead of cgc. The only two 8.5s known. Mine the cbcs one. Also a tribute because IFC is showing Three Stooges marathon today.
Nice! Love the #2 in that run!
Post 1155 IP   flag post
601451 5588 30