Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Golden Age

The Golden Age of comics19

Collector Sagii private msg quote post Address this user
@martymann LOL, they are certainly 'cousins'. I collect covers with both, but I know of way more clown covers than scarecrow ones ( not counting ones with my favorite Batman rouge). Only one of two EC's I own btw.
Post 1101 IP   flag post

Post 1102 IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagii

Ahhhh...that boy looks like he is going to do more than love that girl.
Post 1103 IP   flag post
@earthshaker01 LOL, certainly an instance where the title and cover image are glaringly at odds
Post 1104 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@earthshaker01 LOL, certainly an instance where the title and cover image are glaringly at odds

Yup, I can see a possible double motive here.
Post 1105 IP   flag post

Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
And what is the motivation behind this Joe Simon bondage cover...

The Blue Beetle might be interrupting a kinky spa treatment!
Post 1106 IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
@Sagii one of the few four colors I didn't have in really high grade, until now. The Time Machine four color #1085
Post 1107 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthshaker01
@Sagii one of the few four colors I didn't have in really high grade, until now. The Time Machine four color #1085
This is one of those killer photo cover covers! Nice! I saw the movie when i was small. Have not seen it since. Wonder if it still holds up?
Post 1108 IP   flag post
@Sagii it holds uo. Such a classic like Wells's War of the Worlds.
Post 1109 IP   flag post
Collector Darkga private msg quote post Address this user
So I was able to track down another first print Spanish edition of this hard to find (in either language) comic: Martin Luther King and the Montgomery Story. Only two have been graded by CGC (of which I own one), and I just found another raw copy in better condition than my graded copy. More history on both the English and Spanish version of the comic can be found here: http://www.tomchristopher.com/comics2/martin-luther-king-jr-and-the-montgomery-story/

Post 1110 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkga
So I was able to track down another first print Spanish edition of this hard to find (in either language) comic: Martin Luther King and the Montgomery Story. Only two have been graded by CGC (of which I own one), and I just found another raw copy in better condition than my graded copy. More history on both the English and Spanish version of the comic can be found here: http://www.tomchristopher.com/comics2/martin-luther-king-jr-and-the-montgomery-story/

Cool historic find!
Post 1111 IP   flag post
Collector vabchgent private msg quote post Address this user

Finally got my TFTC 33 back
Post 1112 IP   flag post
@Sagii does anyone look at the My slabbed comics.com website? I put over a 100 slabs in it already but not going to put 900 plus more if it's a unused site. Too time consuming I called it "The California Collection." I saw you commented.
Post 1113 IP   flag post
@earthshaker01 If they don't they should. Such a great resource and cool way to display your collection. A lot of 'heavy hitters' there from all comic ages and genres (you'll be right at home )I can pass an otherwise slow afternoon easily just admiring what some other collectors have, and occasionally add a new want list item.

I know @poka recently has been putting up some gems, me too whenever i acquire a new slabbed piece. The owner of the site has a Thread across the street and sometimes posts a heads up when a new impressive lot is posted (like he did with yours )

He should start one here too if he's reading this.

I'd do maybe 50 a month in your case, just to give folks time to 'absorb' what they're looking at
Post 1114 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
@earthshaker01 - as long as you don’t assign then it is actually fairly quick. I tried to assign - took forever.

@Sagii cheers
Post 1115 IP   flag post
Quote:
The owner of the site has a Thread across the street and sometimes posts a heads up when a new impressive lot is posted (like he did with yours )

@Sagii I didn’t see - can you share the link?
Post 1116 IP   flag post
@poka He bumped the Thread when @Earthshaker01 posted his books. He showed a few CGC examples and mentioned there were other great books but he couldn't post them there. I am the worst at links, lol. I will get the hang of it one day 🤓
Post 1117 IP   flag post
Nice
Post 1118 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
@earthshaker01 - as long as you don’t assign then it is actually fairly quick. I tried to assign - took forever.

@Sagii cheers

I'm nit even sure what the assign thing is. What is it?
Post 1119 IP   flag post
@earthshaker01 basically if you choose to assign - you assign the book to another external database. Problem is that it is not user friendly to assign and takes forever.
Post 1120 IP   flag post
Collector VillageIdiot private msg quote post Address this user

Post 1121 IP   flag post
Collector VillageIdiot private msg quote post Address this user

Post 1122 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by VillageIdiot

Classic Timely cover
Post 1123 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by VillageIdiot

Really nice
Post 1124 IP   flag post
got a few more
Post 1125 IP   flag post

Post 1126 IP   flag post

Post 1127 IP   flag post
this one was purchased as 8.5 which is about right - paper color is a bit more brownish near the spine than I had hoped for though. will see how much is will impact the grade

Post 1128 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
got a few more
Nice! Wow, you pick the best copies sir! Loving these covers!
Post 1129 IP   flag post
@Sagii hey I see you added some books on MySlabbed Comics website. Cool stuff my friend. I think of uploaded a couple hundred or so. I just added some more.
Post 1130 IP   flag post
601513 5588 30