Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Golden Age

The Golden Age of comics19

Collector CrocHntr private msg quote post Address this user
Very cool. I love looking at all your high grade books. Between yours and others in this thread, it has to be one of my favorites just to browse through on a rainy day. Lots of goodness here!
Post 926 IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
@CrocHntr wait another 30 days I should have another 50 plus back from cbcs then another 50 the following month.
Post 927 IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
Well order shipped today. 22 golden age comics. 17 are 9.4 or above, 5 of which are 9.8. I'll post some pics when they get in.
Post 928 IP   flag post
Collector Sagii private msg quote post Address this user
@earthshaker01 Can't wait. Congrats!
Post 929 IP   flag post
Well they are here finally.

Post 930 IP   flag post

Post 931 IP   flag post

Post 932 IP   flag post

Post 933 IP   flag post

Post 934 IP   flag post

Post 935 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthshaker01

Great stuff all around! Killer copies!
Post 936 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

The uncut sets came out great. But are they really a manufacturing error, or just uncut file copies?
Post 937 IP   flag post
@esaravo not sure I didn't make the determination. I guess technicallu they could go either way. Manufacturing error because they weren't cut, or just uncut. Either way pretty cool.
Post 938 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Earthshaker01 has just taken over this thread, along with many others.

You REAL Pre-Coders are making me feel impotent. LOL
Post 939 IP   flag post
@Pre_Coder post some pics love seeing all pics. I have another order of 30 ga/sa coming in a couple weeks. Should be a fun group of books
Post 940 IP   flag post
@Pre_Coder Your collection is top shelf material from where I sit 🍻
Post 941 IP   flag post
Here is a recent pick up. I'll bring back to glory with a press and clean, hopefully, if I'm lucky, lol. G/A #1
Post 942 IP   flag post
Quote:
Here is a recent pick up. I'll bring back to glory with a press and clean, hopefully, if I'm lucky, lol. G/A #1
Talk about obscure. Be nice to see in its newsstand glory
Post 943 IP   flag post
@Sagii little bit of spine roll wil be taken out with a 1/32 piece of dowling. Shhhhhh...ancient Chinese secret...Calgon....take me away.
Post 944 IP   flag post
So I was looking for something in my stuff today and saw this in there. Thought I would take a pic for ya of this Highest graded 1953 3-D Batman #nn. Not a Batman fan at all, but even I love this book.
Included is a picture of the old Batman serial, I think? I think it was an original photo that was given to a reproduction company to do whatever they did wth photos back then. You will see a close up of the bottom back corner with the date stamled on it and a perferrated imprint saying Property of some Corp for distribution by some poster company.
Not sure if the photo has any value, but cool the photo is stamped 1953 and the comic is from the same year. Probably sell then together some day. What do you guys think? Anyone know anything about photo...value. Maybe value both together? I threw this in some of the Facebook forums as well

Post 945 IP   flag post
Collector VaComicsGuy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Great book
Post 946 IP   flag post
30 books on way back. Here are 5 they scanned and put on the feature gallery

Post 947 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user

Post 948 IP   flag post

Post 949 IP   flag post

Post 950 IP   flag post

Post 951 IP   flag post
One of my favorite covers. So simple - yet so funny.
Post 952 IP   flag post
We continue in the silver age thread after this one
Post 953 IP   flag post
@poka love these WDCS, you have some nice books there, we'll done.
Post 954 IP   flag post
@earthshaker01 thanks very much. More to come later in the year
Post 955 IP   flag post
601530 5588 30