CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Golden Age

The Golden Age of comics19

Collector Dick_Pontoon private msg quote post Address this user

Post 726 IP   flag post

Post 727 IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
Also decided to track down all the Omar and Hancock books in high grade. I just got this one, my first one, and it appears to be gorgeous. I hear these are HTF in high grade and may not exist, we'll just have to see about that.
Post 728 IP   flag post
Collector Sagii private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthshaker01
Also decided to track down all the Omar and Hancock books in high grade. I just got this one, my first one, and it appears to be gorgeous. I hear these are HTF in high grade and may not exist, we'll just have to see about that.
They are awful. Not worth collecting.
(All kidding aside, great score. As collectors our odds of chasing some of the same books is bound to happen once in a while). Friendly competition never hurt anyone. Just promise to post the last Hancock ed.(nn Bugs Bunny 1948 issue)weekly if you score it before me
Post 729 IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
@Sagii is that the one with porky and bugs on cover?
Post 730 IP   flag post

@earthshaker01 I've never seen the cover.
And since I don't have a gerber journal I can't confirm it's existence. Overstreet says it's the only Hancock Ed that's not a reprint of any of the Omar editions which came first
Post 731 IP   flag post
@Sagii this one.

Post 732 IP   flag post
There is a Omar edition with that cover( which I have). Maybe just the interiors are different then? In the indicia is it "not numbered, and dated 1948?
Post 733 IP   flag post
@Sagii
https://www.comics.org/series/25436/covers/
Post 734 IP   flag post
@earthshaker01 Thanks for the link. That may well be it, though it's listed after the last Porky issue in Overstreet.
Post 735 IP   flag post
Western bondage!

Post 736 IP   flag post
Looks like she's in a fix again.

Post 737 IP   flag post
@Sagii thought you might like this high grade pan-am GA giveaway
Post 738 IP   flag post
Quote:
@Sagii thought you might like this high grade pan-am GA giveaway
That is COOL! Looks fresh as the day it was printed. So that's Pan-Am, Omar Bread and Hancock Oil Westen partnered with on these giveaways. Eclectic mix of brands
Post 739 IP   flag post

Post 740 IP   flag post
Here's one you don't see every day. Star of stage, screen, radio, magazines and funnybooks, it's Jack "Flashgun" Casey in Casey Crime Photographer #1.

Post 741 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Finally managed to get my star spangled 70
Post 742 IP   flag post
@Sagii here ya go here is a high grade #9 Pan-am to go with my other Pan-am I posted earlier.
Post 743 IP   flag post
@Sagii and I figured you would get a kick out of this Sunbeam bread giveaway. I'll be pressing this book back to its original glory. It's funny I have the Little Miss Sunbeam Comics #1 are these.the same character?
Post 744 IP   flag post
Collector VillageIdiot private msg quote post Address this user

Post 745 IP   flag post
Collector VillageIdiot private msg quote post Address this user

Post 746 IP   flag post
@Sagii here is both together. Same character?

Post 747 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@earthshaker01 - I'd say they are the same character.
Post 748 IP   flag post
Quote:
@Sagii here ya go here is a high grade #9 Pan-am to go with my other Pan-am I posted earlier.
Wow, you're well on your way to another great completed sets there! That one doesn't show up as much.
Post 749 IP   flag post
Quote:

I was tempted to buy that Miss Sunbeam with the Clown on it because i have a small (but growing) sub set of books with Clown covers. Totally 50's period pieces. Love 'em!
Post 750 IP   flag post

Post 751 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagii
Quote:

I was tempted to buy that Miss Sunbeam with the Clown on it because i have a small (but growing) sub set of books with Clown covers. Totally 50's period pieces. Love 'em!

I only bought it because I know I could press and clean it up a few graded and because I had the #1 of that little miss sunbeam.
Post 752 IP   flag post
Quote:

I could press all those bends out easily. Would look even more awesome
Post 753 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

I could press all those bends out easily. Would look even more awesome
I am going to take you up on that one day with a few nominees.
Post 754 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I only bought it because I know I could press and clean it up a few graded and because I had the #1 of that little miss sunbeam.
Please post it again if/after you do.
Post 755 IP   flag post
601442 5588 30