Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
I don't see why we can't mix and match logistically. If I want regular fast pass pressing and then 2-day grading, why can't that be an option?
Post 401 IP   flag post
Collector comicsforme private msg quote post Address this user
So many questions and not enough answers.
Post 402 IP   flag post
Collector Kaleljll private msg quote post Address this user
@stevericketts, would you be able to tell me if my hulk 180 and iron fist 1 are in pressing yet?
Post 403 IP   flag post
Collector Kaleljll private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you for the PM @stevericketts.
Post 404 IP   flag post
Collector DaveSammy private msg quote post Address this user
@stevericketts - do you let people know how the pressing turned out, even on some of the books, in their order? I have books sitting in QC stage since I think last Monday when I received the e-mail. I make a broad based assumption that the pressing must have went well, as the tier on quite a few of my books was bumped up (along with the grading fee). Thanks either way.
Post 405 IP   flag post

CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
I do not contact the customer unless there was a question on their order or on one of their books.
Post 406 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts
I do not contact the customer unless there was a question on their order or on one of their books.
@SteveRicketts -- thanks, I would imagine the time crunch would reach Herculean proportions.
Post 407 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveSammy
Quote:
@SteveRicketts -- thanks, I would imagine the time crunch would reach Herculean proportions.

Especially since I'd be playing phone tag trying to get most people. In addition to the fact that phone calls tend to drift off topic and get lengthy. These types of phone calls would have a huge impact on the turnaround times.
Post 408 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Especially since I'd be playing phone tag trying to get most people. In addition to the fact that phone calls tend to drift off topic and get lengthy. These types of phone calls would have a huge impact on the turnaround times.
Post 409 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I can only imagine, everyone trying to get you to tell them what you can do you a book based on a phone description or e-mailing some bad pics. Plus, everyone would suddenly become an expert presser, questioning if you did "this" or "that" to a book. I get it. I think I'm reasonable, but I'm sure I'm a pain in the @$$ as well.
Post 410 IP   flag post
Collector neyko private msg quote post Address this user
Have pressing and grading been made into one? (I'm sure this has been answered.)
Thank you.
Post 411 IP   flag post
Collector Lonestar private msg quote post Address this user
Here is my report on my submission that included pressing as it relates to TAT.

4-17-2017: my submission arrives at CBCS
7-27-2017: e-mail notification that the comics have moved to grading
8-22-2017: e-mail notification that the comics have been shipped back to me

So, the comics were in pressing for about 14 weeks. Then 4 more weeks grading. 18 weeks total.
Post 412 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar

So, the comics were in pressing for about 14 weeks. Then 4 more weeks grading. 18 weeks total.

I am tracking almost the same, my showed as "arrived" at cbcs on April 21st, I believe. I just received the "ready to be shipped" notification this afternoon. I did not pay to have anything expedited.
Post 413 IP   flag post
It would still be a wonderful thing to get a pressed improvement status on the books, though I know that would take additional time. Probably lead to more questions as well, so that will always be a wish for me more than a reality.
Post 414 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Wolverine private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

4.5 months turnaround time? Sweet Baby Jesus. How many books did you have getting done?
Post 415 IP   flag post
Collector Lonestar private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine
Quote:

4.5 months turnaround time? Sweet Baby Jesus. How many books did you have getting done?

There were 5 comics in my order. I think 3 of which got pressed. I'm happy with the results of the pressing and the grades I received. As has been posted by CBCS, they completely underestimated the amount of pressing submission they would receive, which accounted for the long TAT.
Post 416 IP   flag post
I'm glad someone was happy. Just received my grades. 7 total books, all pressed, 2 grades actually went down post press, 1 went up 1/2 grade, 4 stayed exactly the same...

One book, a very expensive modern, all black cover, degenerated from a 9.2 allllllll the way down to an 8.0* (I despise that G.D. asterisk), with moisture damage to boot now. I've been told by too many people who press that the press most likely ruined the book. I don't know, know I'm pissed about the entire wait, cost increases and lack of everything across the board. Avg cost of $70 per book with return shipping for the mess.
Post 417 IP   flag post
Collector moodswing private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
I'm glad someone was happy. Just received my grades. 7 total books, all pressed, 2 grades actually went down post press, 1 went up 1/2 grade, 4 stayed exactly the same...

One book, a very expensive modern, all black cover, degenerated from a 9.2 allllllll the way down to an 8.0* (I despise that G.D. asterisk), with moisture damage to boot now. I've been told by too many people who press that the press most likely ruined the book. I don't know, know I'm pissed about the entire wait, cost increases and lack of everything across the board. Avg cost of $70 per book with return shipping for the mess.

$70/book You mind telling me a breakdown of that price? I am still in the process of deciding which company I want to use for my first submissions.
Post 418 IP   flag post
Collector Midnightowl private msg quote post Address this user
@DaveSammy Who pressed the books, CBCS?
Post 419 IP   flag post
@Midnightowl cbcs
Post 420 IP   flag post
I'm not blaming anyone, simply and plainly very frustrated with everything about my last 2 orders. I'm not a grading expert, though I do know the precise grades of the books I sent & then how they came back -- 2 lower, I still am flabbergasted. One book essentially worthless after working I do not know. I'm not a pressing expert, I relate what I've been told by a few pressing service guys via the internet about "moisture" on the cover and ripples thereon when the book was sent not that way. I don't much care for cgc, so I keep trying cbcs, though at this cost, those wait times and, at this point, customer service that isn't any better, I'm failing to see the use.
Post 421 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by moodswing
Quote:

$70/book You mind telling me a breakdown of that price? I am still in the process of deciding which company I want to use for my first submissions.
@DaveSammy It was a mixture of moderns & I think Gold or Silver stuff. With shipping, it was something like $490 for 7 books. They upped the cost to grade the books because of their version of the perceived "value", so there was that nugget thrown in. It would have been cheaper or maybe about the same cost, for me to fly down from the Midwest to FLA on a discount airline, cab to cbcs, drop the books off in person and get same day grading, then fly back. The added bonus, I got bumper to a higher tier on the cost schedule, but the time in waiting was still extraneous, so no bonus for that either.
Post 422 IP   flag post
@DaveSammy Mail the books back to the office to my attention. I'd be happy to see if there is something that can be done with them.
Post 423 IP   flag post
@SteveRicketts Quote:
@DaveSammy Mail the books back to the office to my attention. I'd be happy to see if there is something that can be done with them.

Mr. Ricketts - I'm frustrated now. The shock of all this got to me I imagine. In the end, they are books, nothing more. Expensive and getting moreso by the grading action, but books nonetheless. It's certainly not like something happened to my family. I've been collecting for years, I don't sell and I am not independently wealthy. I hope I have been at least somewhat fair, though I cannot speak for you or cbcs. Maybe I have not been.

I don't have the books yet, I only have grades via website. I can say, as a collector, it cost me a lot for 7 books and I was very surprised that only one book increased slightly, 4 stayed the same & 2 went down, one significantly. It does not seem right. 2 books came back with the dreaded asterisk, none had that before. I'll be labeled as a complainer, maybe I am, I only know what I feel & believe today.

I'd like to see if anything can be done with any of those books, and the cost will add even more, after mailing, I will end up paying more than $100 per book I guess. You work with many people, I doubt cbcs would have you as their presser if you ruined books, so casting blame on anyone is petty and not able to be verified regardless. I have never submitted an order to any company over the years where the results have come back like this. I just don't know. I appreciate the time.
Post 424 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
@DaveSammy I had a similar experience with cbcs's former presser (moisture waves).

June 10th I dropped that book and another label error off to them at a con. They had those books all fixed up and re-graded and on my doorstep in less than a week, on their dime.

IF Steve or the graders messed up your books, they will own up to it and make it right 👍🏻
Post 425 IP   flag post
I have to trust them, I don't own a grading or pressing company. I understand I am very small in a company's eyes, I am one person, not a big spending customer, just a guy who wants to do his best, but I am not Heritage or a big seller. I really thought this would be a better outcome, though the story has not ended, at least I hope not. It is not under my control at all.
Post 426 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user

@SteveRicketts - It took its time to get through your backlog but very happy with the outcome - Awesome job!
Post 427 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@poka - Very nice! What a great book; wish my ASW #10 looked as good as yours.
Post 428 IP   flag post
Collector neyko private msg quote post Address this user
@SteveRicketts Can I have a link to the pressing option? I have one book that has just a slight crease in the back. I want to get that pressed as I am certain the book will go up .2 and an express expedited slab.

Thank you. I email CBCS. If there was a reply, it went to my junk mail.
Post 429 IP   flag post
Collector Mef private msg quote post Address this user
I think not having 'pressing' on the invoices is REALLY causing confusion for the staff as well.

I have two orders that were subbed together at a con, everything was handled at the booth. Both of the orders have sigs and both were going for press. One of the orders that was supposed to be pressed got marked as 'grading' yesterday. Normally I wouldn't worry but that would put me like 2 months ahead of TAT... so i knew something was up. After I talked to customer service, I guess that order just got skipped over when it came to sending it through pressing? I'm charged for it, and it shows up on the website in my dashboard, BUT there is zero mention on the actual invoices. Only the additional charges for pressing.

Thanks to customer service for hopefully getting it straightened out and back on the right track, but I would have really hated to see that order come back to me without pressing. It was already on its way into grading and is still marked as such. I STRONGLY feel that if I had not called, I would have been charged for the pressing service and not received it. A handful of yellow sigs not reaching their full potential!

I'm totally ok with the TAT's! I also understand things happen, BUT this kind of oversight is SCARY to me as a consumer!

Crossing my fingers that it all works out in the end..
Post 430 IP   flag post
601460 982 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?