Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Graded

New CBCS Label, part 2...1539

CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
Hello again, friends of CBCS!

About a ago we asked for input from our customers with the design of the new CBCS label. We did get a lot of suggestions, which we appreciate.

We want to share our progress with you, and ask you once again to email any suggestions to labels@cbcscomics.com

This is just the base design. We are going to make some adjustments to the size of some of the test on the label. Specifically, we will be making a slight increase in the size of the artist and key comment fields. Keep that in mind when you email us your suggestions.

Thank you again for your support and assistance! We really appreciate it!

Again, if the image is too small on the forum, visit our Facebook page for a larger image.
www.facebook.com/cbcscomics

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Resurrection private msg quote post Address this user
This looks nice IMO
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector BradT private msg quote post Address this user
I would love to see these with the color background as in the previous test. Otherwise this is looking great!!
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector reggieb private msg quote post Address this user
(Positive) feedback provided via email. Liking this direction a lot. That red label is really nice, I am stoked to get one back in a (currently held) submission that would have likely gone to grading today.

It's funny, I often get signature series for display, largely because I like the gold labels more. But I really dig the red in this design.
Post 4 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JWKyle private msg quote post Address this user
E-mail sent suggestions offered looking good
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Resurrection private msg quote post Address this user
I suggest doing something to differentiate restored books though. Different color label would make life easier.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Resurrection
I suggest doing something to differentiate restored books though. Different color label would make life easier.
You know what I agree with you 100% but I think both grading companies are making it where the PLOD is gone.
Post 7 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Why a different colored label?
I'm not being stubborn, just curious why you bring this up.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts
Quote:

Why a different colored label?
I'm not being stubborn, just curious why you bring this up.

Well, it would make it easier to spot. It doesn't bother me one way or the other, but it would make it a lot quicker to identify the book as restored if the label was unique.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Makes it easier to differentiate from unrestored and restored books especially during the big online auctions when books are ending every 30 seconds or so.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector Mio private msg quote post Address this user
It's a winner. Good work.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector Mr_adam_R private msg quote post Address this user
email sent. looking good so far. I agree with a different color for restored. the different color foiled logo that matches the different series is pretty slick.
Post 12 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Sent
Post 13 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector SleepyZ private msg quote post Address this user
These are looking very nice. I'm curious to see the adjustments, but this looks great. I would submit books under this label.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson

It's not the old label right?
Post 16 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWKyle
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson

It's not the old label right?

I would just like a label that didn't look like it fell out of a cartoon or came as the prize in a pack of Fruit Stripe gum.
Post 17 IP   flag post
I went back to find that old SDCC proto label just curious are you going to put the CBCS certified comic in the header

Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
I went back to find that old SDCC proto label just curious are you going to put the CBCS certified comic in the header

Judging by the 3 labels posted above, seems like that would be a "no".

I personally think that is a good call, to note so is somewhat redundant.

I also think the 3 labels outlined above look fine.

I also do not think a change in label color is warranted, as long as "Restored" or "Conserved" is clearly noted on the front of the label...as CBCS has always done since their inception.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Collector zosocane private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mio
It's a winner. Good work.

Agreed. Get these labels into production, pronto.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Collector zosocane private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Makes it easier to differentiate from unrestored and restored books especially during the big online auctions when books are ending every 30 seconds or so.

Please keep labels with resto or conso the same color. We know how to read labels, and a different colored label on a resto or conso book will only bring stigma to that label, much the way PLOD has so badly hurt resto and conso books slabbed by the other company.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by zosocane
Quote:

Please keep labels with resto or conso the same color. We know how to read labels, and a different colored label on a resto or conso book will only bring stigma to that label, much the way PLOD has so badly hurt resto and conso books slabbed by the other company.
I didn't say we couldn't read. Maybe a book deserves to have a stigma attached to it if someone took a razor blade or marker to it.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

Maybe it's not that the CGC label creates a stigma, maybe it's just that the market for restored books is significantly lower. This, to me, reads like you're trying to catch buyers unaware to get more money. Even if that's not your attention, it could be the effect.
Post 23 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by reggieb
Quote:
Quote:

Maybe it's not that the CGC label creates a stigma, maybe it's just that the market for restored books is significantly lower. This, to me, reads like you're trying to catch buyers unaware to get more money. Even if that's not your attention, it could be the effect.

I have noticed anecdotally that restored CBCS do better than restored CGC books. On that basis, either there is a stigma with the plod, or people do not read labels when they flop good money on a book. I think the latter is more likely.

Not really relevant, but most resto does not bother me if I know it is there and it is done well. I do not like trimming, which I would call a defect and not resto, but that is not the industry norm.
Post 24 IP   flag post
I'm not commenting on conservation some books need to be conserved . This is just for restoration , restorations only purpose is to make the book look better then it is by adding material whether it is paper,color, or some other material or removal of paper with a blade. It is to deceive people into seeing the book as a better grade. Putting these type of books in the same color of label that represents a all is good book just keeps adding to deception.
Post 25 IP   flag post
How many people have orders on hold? I have one that would be entering grading soon, but I just contacted them last week to hold for the new label. I had always planned to, but was holding out hope that it would be ready to go before the entered grading.

I wonder if there is going to be a delay from the sudden rush of orders in to grading that are currently held.
Post 26 IP   flag post
I have had one on hold for two months.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector The_Curmudgeon private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mio
On that basis, either there is a stigma with the plod, or people do not read labels when they flop good money on a book.

They probably only look at the number in the corner.

Quote:
I didn't say we couldn't read. Maybe a book deserves to have a stigma attached to it if someone took a razor blade or marker to it.

See above.

Quote:
It is to deceive people into seeing the book as a better grade. Putting these type of books in the same color of label that represents a all is good book just keeps adding to deception.

If deception were the goal, restoration check would not even be part of the grading process.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Curmudgeon
Quote:

+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mio
On that basis, either there is a stigma with the plod, or people do not read labels when they flop good money on a book.

They probably only look at the number in the corner.

Quote:

See above.

Quote:
It is to deceive people into seeing the book as a better grade. Putting these type of books in the same color of label that represents a all is good book just keeps adding to deception.

If deception were the goal, restoration check would not even be part of the grading process.

Ok for those of you that want the same color of label for a restored book and a normal book why?
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector The_Curmudgeon private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
for those of you that want the same color of label for a restored book and a normal book why?

Aesthetics.
Post 30 IP   flag post
601497 133 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?