Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
SignaturesSigning Opportunities

Stan Lee Autographs1209

Collector LanaiHaole private msg quote post Address this user
Stan Lee still has a few conventions that he will be at this year however next year he will only be at a handful of conventions next year mainly on the west coast from what several CBCS and CGC authorized witness have told me. I was wondering which ones I should have signed and graded first just in case I don't get to have him sign anything next year. Here is a list of can only have him sign 4 or 5 this year without breaking the bank. With that said any ideas on what I should have him sign first?

1. Peter Parker Spider-Man #5

2. Amazing Spider-Man Annual #21 Wedding Issue

3. Amazing Spider-Man Annual #22 The Evolutionary War 1988

4. Secret Wars #9 Cover B Midtown Exclusive J. Scott Campbell Variant Cover

5. Secret Wars Amazing Spider-Man Renew Your Vows #005 J. Scott Campbell cover Anastasia's Collectibles Exclusive with the Black & White Variant Cover = 2 comic set.

6. Secret Wars Amazing Spider-Man Renew Your Vows #002 J. Scott Campbell cover Anastasia's Collectibles Exclusive with the Black & White Variant Cover = 2 comic set

7. Spider Gwen #001 J. Scott Campbell Exclusive with the Black & White Variant Cover = 2 comic set

8. Amazing Spider-Man #001 J. Scott Campbell Exclusive with the Black & White Variant Cover = 2 comic set

9. Uncanny X-Men #001 J. Scott Campbell Exclusive with the Black & White Variant Cover = 2 comic set

10. Extraordinary X-Men J. Scott Campbell Exclusive with the Black & White Variant Cover = 2 comic set

Thanks Everyone I look forward to your input.

LanaiHaole
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector samediarchon private msg quote post Address this user
I would recommend plunking down a little cash for a silver age Amazing Spider-Man book that he wrote.
Plus, I thought this year was his last year for conventions.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
I believe that's what they're saying. Anything from then on will probably be signing events.
Post 3 IP   flag post
"Forum Overlord" bah ha ha ha... JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by samediarchon
I would recommend plunking down a little cash for a silver age Amazing Spider-Man book that he wrote.

i agree with this. stan signs just about anything so you can imagine how many books with his sig are out there. i think it is not whether stan signs it, but more of what stan has signed( his own work)
Post 4 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustThatGuy
Quote:

i agree with this. stan signs just about anything so you can imagine how many books with his sig are out there. i think it is not whether stan signs it, but more of what stan has signed( his own work)

Those are gong to be the ones people will want.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Anyone recommend a good silver age that isn't an arm an a leg? I have no problems spending a few hundred if needed. As far as his last events I was told he will still do SDCC next year and possibly Emerald City. I don't know how true that is but its what I was told.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector HelmOhio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_SigS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustThatGuy
Quote:

Those are gong to be the ones people will want.

Ditto.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector comicsforme private msg quote post Address this user
I was told CBCS will not wittnes and grade because of contract with Stan. Is that true. If so thay lied to me.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector DertyComix private msg quote post Address this user
@comicsforme i dont think thats true. I have some books thats supose to get signed i beleive by the end of the month.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Zake said Stan and McFarlane i could not get signed from the wittnes program. Im confused.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Well TrinityComics has two of my books that are getting signed and from what he said that they have secured a signing with stan this month. But dont entirely quote me i deleted the pm by accident.
Post 11 IP   flag post
I’m sure whatever it was you got me was perfect. PhantomEwan private msg quote post Address this user
Got an email from ECCC telling me about buying tickets, and they are saying in that email that Stan will be there. March 2017, I also agree about getting a Silver age Spidey signed. Maybe a mid grade #39, I have always loved that cover, later you could get it signed by Romita also.

Post 12 IP   flag post
How hard would it be to send a comic to get signed from Stan with CBCS and how safe. I have some 12cent X-Men comics and fragile.
Post 13 IP   flag post
@comicsforme send TrinityComics a PM
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
I agree with going with Silver age Stan Lee written book. If you wanted something that is affordable in a high grade but is newer, I would recommend Savage She Hulk #1 which was written by Stan Lee and is the first appearance of She Hulk.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Savage She-Hulk 1 is a solid recommendation.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
@comicsforme You can get an Authentic Signature Series (Yellow) labeled slab with Stan Lee. The catch is that you have to use a facilitator like Trinity Comics. They set up private signings with Stan Lee just for CBCS books. Regular CBCS witnesses cannot witness a Stan Lee public signing. You can get the Verified label (red) for Stan (or anyone), but it has to go through the verification process, of course. The same holds true for McFarlane and a couple others.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Matt with Trinity Comics is the real deal. He has been scheduling some great private signings over the last few months, including Stan Lee.
Post 18 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
Couple of thoughts. I'm not big on signatures. But if I was, I would get lower grade copies signed. Instead of having scribble on the cover of a awesome comic. But to each his own.

In the vein of how I would do it. One idea I have always thought would be cool, is to get a Stan Lee File Copy and have him sign it. They are usually low grade.

The other idea (besides ASM, which everyone does), is to get a cover that has two stalwarts of the Marvel Universe (from the silver age) squaring off, in mid-grade. Something like this would look good signed in either red or silver on Cap's left leg. Just some thoughts.

Post 19 IP   flag post
Collector RRO private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by conditionfreak
Couple of thoughts. I'm not big on signatures. But if I was, I would get lower grade copies signed. Instead of having scribble on the cover of a awesome comic. But to each his own.

In the vein of how I would do it. One idea I have always thought would be cool, is to get a Stan Lee File Copy and have him sign it. They are usually low grade.

The other idea (besides ASM, which everyone does), is to get a cover that has two stalwarts of the Marvel Universe (from the silver age) squaring off, in mid-grade. Something like this would look good signed in either red or silver on Cap's left leg. Just some thoughts.

Excellent thoughts conditionfreak. I would certainly agree with your ideas.

Post 20 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LanaiHaole
Anyone recommend a good silver age that isn't an arm an a leg? I have no problems spending a few hundred if needed.

If I were to have a book he wrote signed, this would be it.

Here's a CBCS copy that very affordable, and fairly priced. The last PGX 8.0 sold for $150, a CGC 7.5 sold for $130, and a CBCS 7.0 sold for $105- on eBay.

I recommend getting a CBCS slabbed copy for a couple reasons. They're very easy to crack open, but VERY tamper resistant (meaning if someone had tried to do a switch, there's no way they could hide it). Also, this is an underappreciated classic story, one of his BEST, and a good candidate for color touch and other hidden resto. Get the slab and have peace of mind that what you bring him to sign won't later on bring you disappointment.
Post 21 IP   flag post
@MR_SigS love that cover.
Post 22 IP   flag post
It's worth buying in low grade just to read the story. It really is a true classic.

And I thought it could have lead to a great What If? story, if not an actual continuation within canon. But only if done by a TALENTED Writer/Artist(s) team. Anything less would be a crime.
Post 23 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DertyComix
@MR_SigS love that cover.

Kirby/Sinnott RULED!!
Post 24 IP   flag post
Collector Deadpoolica private msg quote post Address this user
Savage she hulk 1 is a great recommendation...any early Spiderman, fantastic four or Xmen as well
Post 25 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Silver Surfer #4 signed on the board imo
Post 26 IP   flag post
Are you all talking about this cover?

I was thinking of possibly buying this one too what do you all think?

Post 27 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke

This guy right here is a genius.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Hey now I just started collecting this year so my knowledge of comics are limited compared to you guys. But I will get there eventually. So while I stroll along the path to becoming a Comic Geek Ninja I may ask a few stupid questions along the way.

My collection mainly consists of a lot of Zenescope, Rothic Comics, a lot of Harley Quinn, and 20 different Marvel titles mainly the newer stuff with a few older ones that I listed in my post. For now I am buying the 2 She-Hulk and I think that I like Kaptainmykes idea for the Silver Surfer #4 so I will buy that one later this month and get them sent in for the November signing.
Post 29 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

This guy right here is a genius.

Post 30 IP   flag post
601464 38 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?