Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
QuestionsSignatures

What to get signed?1059

Collector bythegram private msg quote post Address this user
Hi all,

My first post here! I'm getting ready to meet Stan Lee for the first time and get my first signature next week at Fan Expo Canada.

I'm pretty sure I've done my homework about getting a CBCS witness (although the whole thing is still a little overwhelming).

Now the question is what do I get signed?!

Here is a run down of a few books that I am debating over (and why)

Secret Wars #8 - my only real "key" issue that makes sense (I'm sticking to Spider-Man for this signature)

ASM #301 - I feel like this cover would lend itself nicely to a signature

ASM #80 - lower grade than the two above but it's my only book actually written by Stan Lee

ASM Annual #14 - Beautify cover with Dr. Doom (I've read that's his favorite villain), plus the potential to get signed by Frank Miller at the same event.

Any advise, tips/tricks or input welcome and appreciated!

Cheers,
Adam
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Chubbyfresh77 private msg quote post Address this user
Don't worry about being overwhelmed, CBCS crew is AMAZING and will take care of you! Just have fun!

Everyone under the sun is rushing to get the heavy hitter books signed, my opinion is get the book that you love signed! Even if it is a .5 Nomad #1, if you love it get it signed so you can cherish it forver!
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Revan_Q private msg quote post Address this user
You may have to work with an outside group in order to get Stan Lee's signature AW. Some of these artists/creators don't allow direct grading company reps to be present for AW's
Post 3 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Wolverine private msg quote post Address this user
I'd say get the book that had the most value to you signed. You can any book signed but if it's a book that means something extra to you the signature would add that much more to it.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector DertyComix private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine
I'd say get the book that had the most value to you signed. You can any book signed but if it's a book that means something extra to you the signature would add that much more to it.
this is probably the best advise you will hear from any one here. Im getting 2 books signed by him next month, and im a big X-Men fan and one of the books thats getting signed is X-Men issue 35. I love that cover with Spider Man and the X Men all together.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Thanks all for the great advice! I'm leaning towards ASM Annual #14 just because it is such a great looking cover (the green really pops).

I'll update when I make up my mind and after the expo!

Cheers!
Post 6 IP   flag post
Just in case anyone is curious. I strayed from my list and ended up getting Spider-Man #1 (1990) Platinum signed. That cover was really the first one I remember being crazy over as a kid and has always been a goal to collect them all. So it made sense to me to get one signed.

I wish it was in white ink but at the end of the day it's signed, it's authenticated (huge thanks to the CBCS team at Toronto's FanExpo) and it's off to be graded (I don't expect higher than 9.0 but we'll see). It'll be my very first comic signed/graded and I couldn't be happier about it.

This forum and community has really made me enjoy collecting comics again and I look forward to sending many more books in to be graded!

Cheers!
Post 7 IP   flag post
601460 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?