Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
MemorabiliaMovies TelevisionPop CultureQuestions

Sony: Spider-man to join Venom Universe9996

Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
Sony has confirmed that Spider-Man will be joining up with the Venom villain/antihero universe that launched last year.

Click or Touch here for the story
Post 1 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Cool and uncool at the same time. I want Spider-man and Venom to interact and redeem themselves from the junky Spider-man 3 awful movie. But I would like to have had closure to the MCU Spider-man movies, so here we are.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Yeah. It’s probably their only option until they renegotiate with Disney.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Batman79 private msg quote post Address this user
I wish Sony luck with their next flop. They have failed twice already...just saying.
Post 4 IP   flag post
He sounds like a vegan who wants real mayonnaise to be vegan friendly. Instant_Subtitles private msg quote post Address this user
I still don't know how I feel about this.

Granted, the Japanese market had some help reigniting my interest in Venom. And their animated film is one I totally need to see at some point. But between my current shift away from superhero movies, and their ability to botch good ideas, I am going to try my best to not have any high hopes for this decision.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
Venom never interested me. I think their "flops" are making money whether they are good or bad.
Post 6 IP   flag post
SpongeBob Comics #1 sells for $991! Joosh private msg quote post Address this user
I kind of want Sony to start over with the Venom story now that Spider-Man is there. Parker needs to have the symbiote first. What a mess.

I actually enjoyed Venom movie, but full disclosure: I’m a biased fan of symbiotes.

I’m still not convinced Woody will make a sufficient Carnage. Something seems off. I hope to be pleasantly surprised.

I’m also tired of the MCU. I think they peaked with Endgame and my interest peaked with Homecoming.
Post 7 IP   flag post
PLOD theCapraAegagrus private msg quote post Address this user
I thought that, despite how hard Tom Hardy obviously worked on his character/performance, Venom was an awful movie. Crappy story and piss-poor VFX.

Can't wait to see Sony screw Spider-Man up for the 3rd time...
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
I liked the Venom movie. Sure it's a teen slasher movie, but it involves voodoo and its story is pretty decent.

Oh, that's right, we're taking about the Marvel Comics Venom, Sony movie.
Yeah, that one was alright too. Only thing to save it was the humor. I thought the effects were pretty good IMO.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by theCapraAegagrus
I thought that, despite how hard Tom Hardy obviously worked on his character/performance, Venom was an awful movie. Crappy story and piss-poor VFX.

...but you are still going to watch 😁😁😁
Post 10 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
A little skeptical of a full Sony creatively-led Spidey flick. I don't see them rebooting the universe to get the symbiote origin story comic accurate. They could possibly retcon the symbiote origin but that would be difficult and messy. I'll watch the movies for sure. I'm hoping to be surprised. Hopefully they attach quality talent to these films.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector Gamecube2482 private msg quote post Address this user
I figure 2 things will happen. Either Sony will make good Spider-Man movies, or they will make bad ones and after 1 or 2 they will want Marvels help again. I have a feeling they will make good ones. I enjoyed Venom. I didn't think it was groundbreaking but didn't think it sucked. I feel Venom 2 is going in the right direction though. It will be nice to see the Sinister Six movie happen, if Sony still wants that. I think Sony knows people didn't like Amazing Spider-Man 1 and 2 and I see them getting the right people for the films, especially since FFH made over a billion.
Post 12 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joosh
I kind of want Sony to start over with the Venom story now that Spider-Man is there. Parker needs to have the symbiote first. What a mess.

I actually enjoyed Venom movie, but full disclosure: I’m a biased fan of symbiotes.

I’m still not convinced Woody will make a sufficient Carnage. Something seems off. I hope to be pleasantly surprised.

I’m also tired of the MCU. I think they peaked with Endgame and my interest peaked with Homecoming.

I agree 110% with J00sh. JOOOOOOOSH!
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector infinityG private msg quote post Address this user
i guess this means Morbuis wont be in the MCU then... bummer.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector CatCovers private msg quote post Address this user
I rented (well, free RedBox night) Venom and fell asleep twice trying to watch it.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector infinityG private msg quote post Address this user
Venom was meh... Too much going on for a solo Venom movie. The criminal org, space stuff and all the extra symbiotes could have waited. I thought the silliness between Eddie and the symbiote were some of the best moments of the movie. Good cop/Bad cop routine could have worked through out establishing Eddie/Venom as a anti-hero/crime fighter who eats criminal heads (haha) for ONE MOVIE.

I actually love the character and Carnage too. I really like Knull and the idea of a 'God of the Symbiotes' (the Cates stuff). It could of been somewhat interesting if they kept Spidey in the MCU and planted seeds in some of the future Spidey movies eventually bringing Venom into the fold. THEN revealing more about the origin of the symbiote ooze/Klyntar etc.

Morbuis would of been a great villain for the Blade reboot(s) too.

All these companies go about this stuff the wrong way. Theyre so money hungry to kill each other in profits forgetting that if they worked together (ala Spidey in Civil War) good things happen. Oh well...
Post 16 IP   flag post
PLOD theCapraAegagrus private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
Quote:
Originally Posted by theCapraAegagrus

...but you are still going to watch 😁😁😁

On Netflix/TV.

Sony will only lose a measly thousands of dollars from me/family/friends, but I/we will still speak with our wallets. Others may, too. Idk.

I won't be seeing many comic books movies in theaters - in the future - but I will most definitely catch them sometime afterwards.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Collector Stantheman private msg quote post Address this user
Catcovers you were lucky you fell asleep!
Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
I think both Disney and Sony will do just fine. I don't see either side rushing to the other for assistance.
Post 19 IP   flag post
600902 19 19
This topic is archived. Start new topic?