Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector comic_book_man private msg quote post Address this user
clickable text
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
You should have put a warning that this was Star Wars related.
After the last couple of movies I saw, I want nothing to do with any of it anymore.
Post 2 IP   flag post
@X51 This isn't a movie, it's a TV show. Its also written and produced by Jon Favreau. It looks dark enough to be relevant.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51
You should have put a warning that this was Star Wars related.

True- Casual SW fans may not even know what a Mandalorian is.
I hope these are done well, but I'm doubting they'll be like the novels.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector CatCovers private msg quote post Address this user
Despite myself, I'm interested.

Have been wanting to see IG-88 in action since 1980.

Still planning to wait for video on the next movie.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siggy
True- Casual SW fans may not even know what a Mandalorian is.
I hope these are done well, but I'm doubting they'll be like the novels.

I agree, probably not like the novels but I'm optimistic based on the trailer.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
My 2¢... I'd see this

Post 7 IP   flag post
I might pass on that What If...
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector Donnied private msg quote post Address this user
I thought a mandolorian was some type of musical instrument.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Depends on how you blow it... Just kidding!!!
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector Donnied private msg quote post Address this user
I picture a mandalorian as a more SciFi version of the Talk Box that Peter Frampton used on "Do you feel like I do". A possibly dated reference I know. Of course this is way off topic, but I could not care less about anything Star Wars at this point.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by comic_book_man
@X51 This isn't a movie, it's a TV show. Its also written and produced by Jon Favreau. It looks dark enough to be relevant.

I want nothing to do with any Star Wars related projects. It's over as far as I'm concerned. It died when George Lucas sold it and Disney soiled it.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
I might pass on that What If...

Keep in mind "Peter Cushing" was in Rogue Squadron LOL
Post 13 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGJackster
My 2¢... I'd see this

Of course vintage Eastwood, not Old Mule Eastwood.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51
Quote:

I want nothing to do with any Star Wars related projects. It's over as far as I'm concerned. It died when George Lucas sold it and Disney soiled it.

Well, it's a good thing you know the thread is Star Wars related now.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51

George wasn't exactly knocking it out of the park.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
It looks like a space spaghetti western. I'd rather have someone like Franco Nero, Klaus Kinski or Lee Van Cleef in it collecting bounties but they're either dead or too old. I have zero intention of paying for Mickey's streaming service, so if someone wants to hook it up, I'll send you a VHS set of the special edition. Jason Wingreen's voice still present.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51
Quote:

By that logic the prequels were good?
Honestly it all begins with writing and George wrote a fun story for us all - but it's people who adopted it like Lawrence Kasden who kept it alive/relevant. I mostly feel bad for John Williams who is always spot on, but dragged through all the garbage.

In my book:
Originals #1
Solo / Force Awakens #2

Shared theme?
Lawrence Kasden + John Williams + Lucas/Abrams

Everything else has been garbage...

BUT Favreau has been known to hit home runs, sort of a Spielberg type in that when he gets it right it's a classic. Elf. Iron Man. Etc.

Innocent until proven guilty.
Post 18 IP   flag post
At least with the prequels, you got his vision. At least he cast likeable actors. I don't even want to look at the actors they've cast for the recent films. When they decided to retell the same Star Wars story with unlikable faces, I'd had enough.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51

George wasn't exactly knocking it out of the park.

Yep. The more control he had over those movies - and the more yes-men surrounded him - the worse they became.

You should look into the original Star Wars movie sometime - which of course ended up being a fantastic movie. But the REASON it was fantastic was because George had very little to do with the editing. The first cut was laughably horrible. Just sooooo bad. But the re-edit - and his wife's work in particular - saved that movie, creating an epic for the ages.

Another great watch is a YouTube series: What if Star Wars Was Good. It's pretty damn awesome. The guy goes through the prequel movies and explain how and why he would reorganize them to make them good.

George Lucas needs good people around him, people who can - and do - push back. For the prequels, he didn't have that.
Post 20 IP   flag post
@Tedsaid totally agree with you, well said.
Post 21 IP   flag post
A good Mandalorian film/show would feature ambient Blade Runner-esque music with scenes mirroring the tempo of Inglorious Bastards opening scene, intense and unraveling with a overarching twist like what happened to Stranger in Stranger's Wrath - the bounty hunter is actually the biggest prey imagineable in disguise.

Thoughts?
Post 22 IP   flag post
I think the music is on the right track with that like ambient clicky ramp and fade:
Mandalorian Theme

So I think if they would just take assumptions and twist them, it would be great.
Just like Stranger, a hunter who is prey - tucks his four legs with hooves into his large boots to appear two legged.
Stranger's Anatomy

Then give us what we love about a good bounty hunter, part detective, part judge jury and executioner, part unpredictable, part questionable motives/morals, etc. Let the scenes play out, show us the fear and hiding without telling us how to process it.
Suspenseful scene dynamics
Post 23 IP   flag post
600839 23 23
This topic is archived. Start new topic?