Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector farseer private msg quote post Address this user
Got to meet Todd McFarlane today. He hadn't been at his booth most of the day but I happened to wander over to it near the end of the day and he was there and there were only a few people in line. He wasn't doing book signings but he was taking pictures so I got in line. When I met he him he said my shirt was cool, shook my hand and took the picture. He asked if he'd see me later in the weekend and I said I couldn't make it any of the other days and I was disappointed that I couldn't get a copy of the Fan Expo exclusive Spawn 299 (they only had 300 copies that day but were expecting more on Saturday.) Todd told me to hold on a second and asked one of the ladies working his booth if they had any copies. She said they had one, and he said she'll look after you. She handed it over to me for free. Not sure if they were normally charging for it but I thought it was an incredibly cool move and increased my already pretty high opinion of the man.

Also picked up a few more books to come closer to filling my runs. Now only missing 6 of the regular Conan series and 1 of the Conan Saga. The #7 looks to be in fairly nice shape. #5 is pretty rough.

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
You will here the occasional negative comment about McFarlane, but in my encounters with him I have always had positive experiences.

He loves his true fans and if you ever want him to go on forever, start talking baseball.
Post 2 IP   flag post
The Fifth Golden Girl sborock private msg quote post Address this user
Todd has always been cool to me when I have seen him.
Post 3 IP   flag post
597941 3 3
This topic is archived. Start new topic?