Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
So, i was going through grading notes on my 5th CBCS order, and i noticed something that made me do a Scooby Huh? sound flashes in my mind as I see Poly-Bag Bend in a grading note. So, what is a poly-bag bend?
Post 1 IP   flag post
CBCS broke up with me over Facebook. CFP_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
A bend created by the crease in the actual poly bag. Over time the raised area where the seal is, will leave an impression on the book. Good news is they can be pressed out.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Cowabunga_Kyle private msg quote post Address this user
@CFP_Comics I just learned something too. Thank you kindly.
Post 3 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
The bane of Uncanny X-Men 294, 295, and 296.
Post 4 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Ultimate Fallout 4 is another that comes to mind
Post 5 IP   flag post
CBCS broke up with me over Facebook. CFP_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson

For some. For others a simple fix.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Why not just call it a minor corner bend? How do they even know it was caused by the poly bag and not something else?
Post 7 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFP_Comics
Quote:

This was back when we were young and inexperienced. Now, we're just old and senile.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@CFP_Comics. Got it! Makes complete sense. Had I known of those, I would have sent them in for Press. Oh Well. @Drogio now that I know what it is, the poly bags that some of these books were sold in would have a crease vertically down the middle or slightly offset. Now, while I had opened and read an X-Men 294 which was in the bag, I bought a 2nd & 3rd for my Todler twin suns at the time and never pulled out of the poly-bag that Marvel shipped it in. CBCS in Dallas were the first to open the bags. But, as this is obviously common, even if I removed the polybag, before I sent in, they would have known exactly what it was....But then again, I would have likely seen it and thus sent in to Florida instead in hopes The Magical Mr. Ricketts could have worked his mystical pressing prowess.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFP_Comics
Quote:

This was back when we were young and inexperienced. Now, we're just old and senile.Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
Why not just call it a minor corner bend? How do they even know it was caused by the poly bag and not something else?

Because it usually runs all the way down the back of the book and lines up exactly with the heat seal seem on the poly bag.
Post 10 IP   flag post
597911 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?