Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Those of you that use CLZ, what do you think of the new update that incorporated gocollect.com?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector infinityG private msg quote post Address this user
I pay and use CLZ so I'm down with this update. I've been using GoCollect for the last few years.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector wareure private msg quote post Address this user
Love it!
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector RRO private msg quote post Address this user
Is GoCollect still offering only limited pricing information? Last time I used them I was shocked at how many items were either not listed or under reported.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Unfortunately GoCollect isn't perfect but they have been integrating Hakes, ComicConnect and Heritage auctions the past year or so. To me it's the best slab (not raw) FMV online resource. I like it better than the new kid on the block CovrPrice. CoverPrice doesn't exactly show you where they get their data from. At least w/ GoCollect, if you pay for the subscription, it unlocks way more and you have literally links to sold auctions so it's very transparent (and waaaay cheaper, $6/month). And it pulls in the CGC census. They'll do CBCS once there is one I'm sure.
Post 5 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@OGJackster I don’t keep an active subscription so I can’t automatically download prices from GoCollect

That said, I do like a lot of the other features that were added with the update. Basically the app now has better native support for slabs and signatures; it’s not perfect yet but it lets me get rid of many of my custom fields. They still don’t have a native field for the label color and the GoCollect values it grabs are just the default for blue labels, which makes sense since the app isn’t a replacement for a full GoCollect subscription.

The app will now upload a lot of new information to the CLZ Cloud and the mobile app will soon be updated to support them as well.

Overall a very good update and I look forward to them fleshing out the slabs support with label colors, non-numerical grades (ART, NG, CVR), and restoration descriptions along with a few other things
Post 6 IP   flag post
@dielinfinite sweet! looking forward to getting home and checking it out
Post 7 IP   flag post
@infinityG Here are the broad strokes of the update from the press release

Get comic values from Core, powered by GoCollect.com
Find out which are the most valuable comics in your collection. Just set a Grade for your comics, then Update Values from GoCollect based on that grade.

Lots of new value-related fields:
Grade, Grading Company, Grader Notes, Slabbed vs Raw, Signed By, Is Key Comic (yes/no) and Key Reason.

More fields now sync to/from CLZ Cloud:
New syncing fields: Back Cover, Plot, Nr of Pages, Genres, Country and Language. Also, all new value-related fields immediately sync with CLZ Cloud / Comic Connect.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector TheMadTitan private msg quote post Address this user
I love CLZ for managing my collection(got in before they started charging)and GoCollect for trending. The CLZ app sharing is awesome! The pricing function is nice. I’m waiting for GoCollect to add a more robust filtering for searches such as Variants vs. non-variants. This site has greatly increased my investments.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector antoniofett private msg quote post Address this user
Is the update for the CLZ app or the browser version?
Post 10 IP   flag post
@antoniofett Both

I have the full version. Bought it years ago. I didn't pay for the upgraded subscription, or whatever they call it so, I get the free update which screwed up my columns and fields view and of course I don't get the gocollect values.

Mo money!!!
Post 11 IP   flag post
@OGJackster interesting, I dont see but I'll keep looking!
Post 12 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by antoniofett
Is the update for the CLZ app or the browser version?
The update for the desktop app (v19.3.1 for Windows; v19.1.1 for Mac) and cloud service is already available. The mobile app will be updated in the very near future
Post 13 IP   flag post
@dielinfinite gotcha thank you!
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
I really want to make the switch over, but I can't easily (read, without having to manually retype my collection) get my access database uploaded and keep the notes (CBCS/CGC numbers, notes on signature, variant, etc...)
Post 15 IP   flag post
I gave in and resubscribed. In anyone else does, here is a $5 off coupon code... CLZMRBIG
That brought the 1 year from $29.95 down to $24.95
Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector CatCovers private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGJackster
I gave in and resubscribed. In anyone else does, here is a $5 off coupon code... CLZMRBIG
That brought the 1 year from $29.95 down to $24.95

My subscription runs out in a couple days, so I'll use this. Thanks!

Will be weird having an ongoing subscription. I usually would just buy the minimum period renewal every year or two to keep my desktop version from falling too far behind.
Post 17 IP   flag post
@CatCovers You can still do that and just get the minimum subscription every once in a while to update the GoCollect values, if you’d rather not do that yourself
Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector cyrano0521 private msg quote post Address this user
I have same problem as etapi65; created a custom db in Access and while several fields are the same, not all are and many still won’t upload. I cannot lose all that typing time. 20k+ books, most of which are pre-barcode or are pre-direct edition barcoded.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Not real thrilled with the gocollect addition. Not very thorough. Numerous graded books not listed. It would have been nice to also get a gocollect subscription to go along with paying for the CLZ subscription being that they are co-mingled now. Ho-hum, oh well.
Post 20 IP   flag post
@OGJackster While the fact that many books are unlinked is disappointing, there ARE a lot of books and many books don’t necessarily match up 1:1 across CLZ and GoCollect’s database so it’s unsurprising that many, or even most, aren’t linked already. The ongoing linking of books to GoCollect is something the subscription requirement is supposed to help support so more and more books should be linked as time goes by.
Post 21 IP   flag post
I got around to updating my copy last night and quickly discovered that the syncing is not linking up on all books. I have lists of all my graded books by grade. I'm hoping it does a better job syncing at a later point too. It worked on some books (like 8 lol) but it would suck to put in 200+ slabbed books manually.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Collector Ladic private msg quote post Address this user
two questions:

1. A bunch of my comics (mind you pretty common comics) have got no value back?

2. Are the Values based on a Slabbed Comic? or non Slabbed Raw?
Post 23 IP   flag post
@Ladic As far as I know, the values are based on a slabbed comics.

When I first tried to get the values, out of 502 slabbed/graded books 398 didn't link to any values. That was pretty sad. Still working on it.

Two more questions are how does the database handle Signature Series books and "Apparent" grades? In other words, I haven't noticed how restored books are linked up to values. Are they linked to universal graded books or just bypassed? Same question with signed books.
Post 24 IP   flag post
@OGJackster Signatures don’t factor into the price it pulls from GoCollect. Currently you can’t specify label color so CLZ is always pulling the universal value regardless of whether it is signed or restored.

I did write up a feedback email to CLZ giving them my thoughts on the update as well as areas they can improve and how to better support slabs in future updates and adding native support for restored books was included.

Personally, while it would be nice to get yellow label values, GoCollect isn’t the best source to do it since it lumps all yellow labels together despite the value depending WILDLY on who actually signed it. So an average yellow label value is of little use since it doesn’t take into how many signatures are on the book and who specifically signed it.
Post 25 IP   flag post
@dielinfinite Thanks!

Post 26 IP   flag post
601383 26 26
This topic is archived. Start new topic?