Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paint_Monk
@Jesse_O So based on that, and on Kendra's statement, I'm guessing I'll be through pressing by the end of September. Works for me. Thanks for taking a moment to respond.

just for the record, none of this changes the fact that communication from CBCS, no returned phone calls (i am still waiting for my call back from months ago), no responses to emails and miss-information given when there is a response, sucks. CBCS, bring customer service back to the U.S. whatever customer service system you've implemented is not doing you any favors. CBCS, I know you know I'm right so, why the hard-nosed stand?
Post 26 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportshort
Quote:
@Jesse_O So based on that, and on Kendra's statement, I'm guessing I'll be through pressing by the end of September. Works for me. Thanks for taking a moment to respond.

just for the record, none of this changes the fact that communication from CBCS, no returned phone calls (i am still waiting for my call back from months ago), no responses to emails and miss-information given when there is a response, sucks. CBCS, bring customer service back to the U.S. whatever customer service system you've implemented is not doing you any favors. CBCS, I know you know I'm right so, why the hard-nosed stand?

Just to make it clear, I do not work for CBCS. But I'd like to address your concern from what I have observed.

Namely, CBCS does know that customer service needs a lot of improvement. After the move a year ago, things got screwed up all across the board. Everything from customer service and receiving to slabbing and shipping was effected.

In regards to customer service in particular, they had some new help that just, quite frankly, weren't cutting it. When that became apparent, they brought in people who were up to the demands of the job. The department was in need of an overhaul.

But thanks to long TATs and the stress that created, they had to hit the ground running and play catch-up when they could. To help alleviate some of the demand, the decision was made to bring in the Beckett call center in India. Calls are transferred there when the incoming lines are all busy. However, that just ended up causing more frustration for a lot of people.

Now that TATs are figured out, I believe you will see improvement in a lot of areas that are problematic right now. I know that improving customer service is a top (if not THE top) priority for them right now.

They aren't trying to be "hard-nosed", it is just that they have stated that they are having problems and you can only say that for so long. They know that improvement is needed and that the only solution is to improve it. I know we joke about it here, but the reason we hear "soon" so often is because nailing down an exact date is impossible. And quite honestly, if they gave out an exact (or even an estimated) date and missed it, that would only lead to more complaining.

There are many things being worked on at CBCS to improve the company and collectors satisfaction with the company. They will get there. I don't think any of us would have believed that a 5-6 week TAT in July and August was possible last January, yet here we are.

I hope you can stick around for the ride. It should be getting fun over the coming months!!!
Post 27 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
@Jesse_O, I believe everything you said and at this point I will stick around because I love the forums and the product and currently I love the TATs. I have been in customer service all my life, being a GM for several companies and I promise you that I could fix their customer service issues in 1 week or less. that's not to say that people will be happy with the answers they get but they will get answers. i go through 100 plus emails a day and i return every one and call every person I need to call even if it's to say i'm working on the problem. I am not the savior of any company but a person with the right experience can certainly add credibility to the Customer Service Department. TAT's where the hard fix customer service is an easy fix.

by the way my "hard nosed stand" remark was regarding them sticking with India and trying to save money rather than customers.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector Paint_Monk private msg quote post Address this user
I, too, like CBCS and everyone on the forums has been fantastic. I hope to make it my submission service of choice, but communication has GOT to get better, especially in the control panel arena.

Reasonable explanations have been given by CBCS staffers on why the control panel shortcomings haven't been updated, and if I'm summarizing correctly, it's based mainly on exhaustive costs associated with doing so.

THAT BEING SAID...there is no accounting for the confusion of an order in limbo and a guy answering the phone who is reading from a script thousands of miles away. It's not helpful - especially if they can't give you accurate information. Quite frankly, it ticks me off. I'd rather have to call ten times, and when I finally get through, talk to a REAL CBCS employee who can provide answers.

I don't know what Beckett or CBCS is paying for an overseas call center that is useless and irritating to customers, but you might consider paying someone (or a few) people stateside to sit at a desk and answer questions based on the full CBCS database.

Thanks to all of you mods and CBCS employees who have responded to this thread. Sadly, if I had been able to reach someone knowledgeable in the first place, I would have been able to keep my concerns private instead of posting them publicly. I really don't like forums for complaints, but often, there is no resolution other than going "public" when a customer service hotline is so incompetent.

As an aside, my control panel is now showing "submitted" instead of "cancelled" so I'm guessing I've finally got someones attention. Thank you.
Post 29 IP   flag post
by the way @Jesse_O, I hope I did not come off as disrespectful to you as that was never my intent. I appreciate the help you offer and the wealth of knowledge you bring to the table. Just wanted to make that clear.
Post 30 IP   flag post

Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
@sportshort No worries!!! I didn't take any offense at all. I'm just trying to be of help to fellow collectors.
Post 31 IP   flag post
Rather than start a new topic allow me to hijack this one for what is probably a simple question to the experienced here. I sent a book to be re-holdered across the street,I'm assuming that CGC gives the new holder the same registration number as the old holder. correct?

whoever is first with an answer gets a "thanks"!
Post 32 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@sportshort I know with CBCS the book would keep the same serial number. I would be surprised if CGC did it differently
Post 33 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
@sportshort I know with CBCS the book would keep the same serial number. I would be surprised if CGC did it differently

Thanks! (i threw in the exclamation point for being prompt, congrats)
Post 34 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
A simple reholder at the cgc or CBCS will keep the same serial number. A book subbed to be regraded will receive a new serial number at both places. If the old label is included in the resubmission, then the serial number will be removed from the database.
Post 35 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
A simple reholder at the cgc or CBCS will keep the same serial number. A book subbed to be regraded will receive a new serial number at both places. If the old label is included in the resubmission, then the serial number will be removed from the database.

Sweet! Thank you,
Post 36 IP   flag post
Collector Darryl_H private msg quote post Address this user
Something to clear up.

CBCS does indeed have our main customer service located in the USA and working in the Dallas office.

India just handles any call overflow,and helps give the customer a real person to talk to.

Becket has used this service, and after the issues of last year we figured it was a no brainer to expand this service to CBCS customers. Now you will get someone, and your issue will be directed to the appropriate person.

Now is this perfect? Not at all. It is still a growing process, and CBCS is working hard to continue to improve in this and other areas.

If for whatever reason you do not wish to speak someone from India, then i suggest you try emailing customer service as all those emails are handled by the Dallas office, the Florida offices for Pressing, and the Canadian office for all Canadian issues.

Remember customer service is more then answering phones, and once they have spoken to a customer they have to work on correcting the issues, and this takes time.

That said we are striving to get better, and we know we have a lot of work to do.
Feedback is always welcomed be it positive or constructive criticism.....

thanks guys!
Post 37 IP   flag post
Collector Paint_Monk private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl_H
Something to clear up.

CBCS does indeed have our main customer service located in the USA and working in the Dallas office.

India just handles any call overflow,and helps give the customer a real person to talk to.

Becket has used this service, and after the issues of last year we figured it was a no brainer to expand this service to CBCS customers. Now you will get someone, and your issue will be directed to the appropriate person.

Now is this perfect? Not at all. It is still a growing process, and CBCS is working hard to continue to improve in this and other areas.

If for whatever reason you do not wish to speak someone from India, then i suggest you try emailing customer service as all those emails are handled by the Dallas office, the Florida offices for Pressing, and the Canadian office for all Canadian issues.

Remember customer service is more then answering phones, and once they have spoken to a customer they have to work on correcting the issues, and this takes time.

That said we are striving to get better, and we know we have a lot of work to do.

thanks guys!

Thanks for the clarification, Darryl.

My only suggestion would simply be to have your folks in India not say ANYTHING about orders, but to let people know their concerns have been forwarded. Not ONCE did I receive accurate information from "Aaron" or "Brian" until I escalated my concerns and received a reply in PM from Steve Ricketts (early on) and Kendra later.

It would have avoided A TON of stress for me if they would have just said "We are the overflow call center and cannot accurately answer your questions, but we will forward your concerns to the US" instead of guessing at answers they probably hoped would pacify me.

They created far much more confusion and unnecessary worry than they should have.

Just a suggestion, as everyone I've dealt with stateside has been helpful, informative and knowledgeable. Thanks for reading and for commenting.
Post 38 IP   flag post
Collector comic_book_man private msg quote post Address this user
@Paint_Monk It was so bad once that I called in and spoke to Kevin(India), who said I owed $759 "how would you like to pay?" - my bill was less than $200 and I was due a $50 credit. CBCS still hasn't given me my $50 credit, and their India folks are borderline criminal. Makes me wonder what would of happened if Kevin received my payment information...

CBCS has been a customer service catastrophe, in my experience, for a while now. I also had a book pressed by them that somehow dropped two grades from a CGC 9.0 to a CBCS 8.0, and another book that was "pressed" but came back with these notes:
spine stress some breaks color
small crease middle top edge does not break color

Which leads me to believe it wasn't even touched? But I was charged in full.

I feel your pain, and wish CBCS would improve their services both pressing Q and the customer variety.
Post 39 IP   flag post
Collector Darryl_H private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl_H
Something to clear up.

thanks guys!

Thanks for the clarification, Darryl.

My only suggestion would simply be to have your folks in India not say ANYTHING about orders, but to let people know their concerns have been forwarded. Not ONCE did I receive accurate information from "Aaron" or "Brian" until I escalated my concerns and received a reply in PM from Steve Ricketts (early on) and Kendra later.

It would have avoided A TON of stress for me if they would have just said "We are the overflow call center and cannot accurately answer your questions, but we will forward your concerns to the US" instead of guessing at answers they probably hoped would pacify me.

They created far much more confusion and unnecessary worry than they should have.

Just a suggestion, as everyone I've dealt with stateside has been helpful, informative and knowledgeable. Thanks for reading and for commenting.

Thanks for the feedback. I have passed this onto Kendra at customer service, and hopefully we cn improve in this and all other areas going forward.
Post 40 IP   flag post
601333 40 15
This topic is archived. Start new topic?