Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector Paint_Monk private msg quote post Address this user
Well, folks, I'm at the end of my rope. I just want to cancel this whole CBCS order mess right now.

I left a message last week with CBCS Customer service (the 844 number goes to India, according to the rep I spoke with) for the US service team to get back with me.

Numerous invoice errors, total lack of communication, and another invoice error that just popped up have me in a really frustrated state. If the books were pressed, I'm happy to pay the pressing fee but at this point I just want my books back. With all the SNAFUs thus far, the comics could very well still be untouched.

Is there anyone actually on the US customer service team that can help? Or can return a phone call?

Thank you in advance.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector JLA555 private msg quote post Address this user
I'm guessing you tried email and facebook.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Email and phone yes, FB no. I'm not trying to make a "public" stink I just want resolution. I really would have preferred not to have even posted here, but I'm getting a little desperate for a solution and competent reply.
Post 3 IP   flag post
a private message on their page
Post 4 IP   flag post
how long have they had your books
Post 5 IP   flag post
Not long enough to be out of pressing (submitted June 1st but marked as received on July 16, but that's not what concerns me.)

It's the constant invoice errors (which I was told are just the way it is, but they'll be fixed), incorrect updates from their new customer service line (they're in pressing, they're still in the vault, your submission date of June 1st is when the time frame starts, then, no, it starts when they're received) and more frustrating things.

Last week, the invoice was updated to "cancelled" which wasn't correct - I never cancelled anything. The credit card had ample funds available, and I would have been happy to address it if called. Now, I just want to cancel the whole thing OR have somebody who knows what's really going on (in the US and actually at CBCS, preferably) contact me.

My first CBCS experience was much better, when I could actually call and talk to a real person in the US. Now, it's just a cluster mess. And I'm so frustrated at this point I'm not even excited about getting these books back, which is a shame.

I really didn't mind waiting - it's the lack of communication, genuine control panel updates, and transparency that's driving me nuts. CBCS may receive tens of thousands of dollars of books a day, but my $300 worth of key issues is what I'm personally concerned about. What may be small to them was very important to me.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Sorry, you are going through all that. wish I can help somehow.
Post 7 IP   flag post
I left a message with the toll-free number to have someone from the US team call me. That was late Thursday or early Friday. Thanks for your kind thoughts - keep your fingers crossed for me.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector cyrano0521 private msg quote post Address this user
From another collector’s point of view...invoices are almost never correct until it’s time to bill someone for the actual work done. I’ve submitted 3 times and each time was the same. Their system can handle everything right from stage one, but the entry people are taught to get it in FAST and things will be corrected by the end. I agree that’s horrible from the customer’s side and not a good way to do it, but there it is.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Reach out to Jake Fleming or Tim Bliderhouse here in the forum, both men seem adept at cutting through the smoke and mirrors and getting things handled.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector Darryl_H private msg quote post Address this user
This order was pressing correct?
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector comic_book_man private msg quote post Address this user
@Paint_Monk as someone who is rooting for CBCS...my experiences with them have been an absolute nightmare from pressing issues, system issues, customer service issues, overcharge issues, etc.

I'm not sure if it's a Beckett outsource thing or if CBCS is just overwhelmed but overall my experience has been terrible.

I feel your pain.
Post 12 IP   flag post
@Paint_Monk As a small caveat, the forum Moderators and community members for CBCS are fantastic. All of them.
Post 13 IP   flag post
@comic_book_man yeah, I did receive a PM when troubles first began from Steve Ricketts, and he didn't seem concerned. The books showed up in the control panel a week or so later as he said, but the invoice was a MESS.

It's just the lack of information from the alleged "customer service" number that's driving me nuts. One call, it's THIS. Next call, it's THAT. There is no consistency, and truth be told between "Brian" and "Aaron" I'm pretty sure the calls are scripted and the goal is to calm people down rather than really answer questions.

Sadly, I missed a call (but got a message) from Kendra today that my books are in pressing and that the current TAT is at 14 weeks.

I am guessing my best bet at this point is to forget about the books, leave the credit open for the payment on my credit card, and expect a surprise at some point down the road. It will be far less frustrating.

I doubt I will deal with CBCS again, though, until they've figured out how to provide accurate info in a control panel or streamline their communications a little more. Then again, if my books come back looking good, I'll probably be so excited I'll submit again. Sigh, being a collector...
Post 14 IP   flag post
@Paint_Monk Kendra was the worst for me, over promising and under delivering every time and Roe was just a ROEbot more or less.

Kendra said I was sent a $50 credit then later "adjusted" the system and said no refund was due. Kendra went from customer service to billing to shipping overnight so somehow she is just a Jack-of-all trades indicating a tight budget and lack of staff support.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Even as a cheerleader for CBCS I have to admit that the outsourced India customer service hotline pretty much just makes it so that you stop calling after the first or second try. They only have the same information that you can find online and everything beyond that is a guess. My best guess is typically better than the customer service helper because I know the industry better and probably am more familiar with the company itself. My question was fairly simple...how do I enter a silver age book for raw grade. Just communicating the question was a painful process. The customer service rep determined that raw grade was not available for silver age, Fortunately I figured out for myself that anything past Modern is Expanded for Raw Grade.

I suspect over time the customer service calls will drop of due to frustration and everybody will just assume that it's a good thing and communication is better than ever.
Post 16 IP   flag post
@Darryl_H yes. I did get a call from Kendra today (sadly, which I missed) and she left a message stating that's where they are and that the turnaround time is 14 weeks. But here's the big question - I submitted these on June 1st but they weren't entered into the system until 45+ days later, on July 16th.

Does that 14 weeks start on June 1st (when the books were actually handed at a con to a CBCS rep) or on July 16th, when they were entered? That's the lingering question.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
@Paint_Monk When you drop off at a con, your official received date is that next week. I believe it is officially two business days after the end of the con. So probably Tuesday, June 4th is your official received date. That's when the clock starts ticking regardless of when they are entered unto the system.
Post 18 IP   flag post
On our FAQ page it actually states the Wednesday after the con. So, either the 4th or 5th in your case.
Post 19 IP   flag post
@Jesse_O So based on that, and on Kendra's statement, I'm guessing I'll be through pressing by the end of September. Works for me. Thanks for taking a moment to respond.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Collector CatCovers private msg quote post Address this user
Yikes. Pressing is at 14 weeks?

I sent in two books in June for pressing, signature verification and grading. I joked once before about getting them back for Thanksgiving. That seems prescient now. Possibly optimistic.
Post 21 IP   flag post
@Paint_Monk No problem. Yeah, 14 weeks from June 4th would be September 10th. Then they will ship to Dallas for grading.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
ouch!! pressing at 14 weeks - used to be 8 to 10...oh well
I was already prepped for mid to late September (june 7th at Niagara Falls) - another few weeks won't kill me.
Almost half my order will go up for sale but none are what anyone could consider a flip.
Post 23 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Pressing was at 16 weeks for quite a while so if they're now saying 14 then that's something of an improvement
Post 24 IP   flag post
Collector Darryl_H private msg quote post Address this user
End of September sounds about right.Quote:
Originally Posted by Paint_Monk
@Darryl_H yes. I did get a call from Kendra today (sadly, which I missed) and she left a message stating that's where they are and that the turnaround time is 14 weeks. But here's the big question - I submitted these on June 1st but they weren't entered into the system until 45+ days later, on July 16th.

Does that 14 weeks start on June 1st (when the books were actually handed at a con to a CBCS rep) or on July 16th, when they were entered? That's the lingering question.

It will start the Wednesday after the show. Pressing is at around 14 weeks turn around.
Post 25 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@Jesse_O So based on that, and on Kendra's statement, I'm guessing I'll be through pressing by the end of September. Works for me. Thanks for taking a moment to respond.

just for the record, none of this changes the fact that communication from CBCS, no returned phone calls (i am still waiting for my call back from months ago), no responses to emails and miss-information given when there is a response, sucks. CBCS, bring customer service back to the U.S. whatever customer service system you've implemented is not doing you any favors. CBCS, I know you know I'm right so, why the hard-nosed stand?
Post 26 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportshort
Quote:

just for the record, none of this changes the fact that communication from CBCS, no returned phone calls (i am still waiting for my call back from months ago), no responses to emails and miss-information given when there is a response, sucks. CBCS, bring customer service back to the U.S. whatever customer service system you've implemented is not doing you any favors. CBCS, I know you know I'm right so, why the hard-nosed stand?

Just to make it clear, I do not work for CBCS. But I'd like to address your concern from what I have observed.

Namely, CBCS does know that customer service needs a lot of improvement. After the move a year ago, things got screwed up all across the board. Everything from customer service and receiving to slabbing and shipping was effected.

In regards to customer service in particular, they had some new help that just, quite frankly, weren't cutting it. When that became apparent, they brought in people who were up to the demands of the job. The department was in need of an overhaul.

But thanks to long TATs and the stress that created, they had to hit the ground running and play catch-up when they could. To help alleviate some of the demand, the decision was made to bring in the Beckett call center in India. Calls are transferred there when the incoming lines are all busy. However, that just ended up causing more frustration for a lot of people.

Now that TATs are figured out, I believe you will see improvement in a lot of areas that are problematic right now. I know that improving customer service is a top (if not THE top) priority for them right now.

They aren't trying to be "hard-nosed", it is just that they have stated that they are having problems and you can only say that for so long. They know that improvement is needed and that the only solution is to improve it. I know we joke about it here, but the reason we hear "soon" so often is because nailing down an exact date is impossible. And quite honestly, if they gave out an exact (or even an estimated) date and missed it, that would only lead to more complaining.

There are many things being worked on at CBCS to improve the company and collectors satisfaction with the company. They will get there. I don't think any of us would have believed that a 5-6 week TAT in July and August was possible last January, yet here we are.

I hope you can stick around for the ride. It should be getting fun over the coming months!!!
Post 27 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
@Jesse_O, I believe everything you said and at this point I will stick around because I love the forums and the product and currently I love the TATs. I have been in customer service all my life, being a GM for several companies and I promise you that I could fix their customer service issues in 1 week or less. that's not to say that people will be happy with the answers they get but they will get answers. i go through 100 plus emails a day and i return every one and call every person I need to call even if it's to say i'm working on the problem. I am not the savior of any company but a person with the right experience can certainly add credibility to the Customer Service Department. TAT's where the hard fix customer service is an easy fix.

by the way my "hard nosed stand" remark was regarding them sticking with India and trying to save money rather than customers.
Post 28 IP   flag post
I, too, like CBCS and everyone on the forums has been fantastic. I hope to make it my submission service of choice, but communication has GOT to get better, especially in the control panel arena.

Reasonable explanations have been given by CBCS staffers on why the control panel shortcomings haven't been updated, and if I'm summarizing correctly, it's based mainly on exhaustive costs associated with doing so.

THAT BEING SAID...there is no accounting for the confusion of an order in limbo and a guy answering the phone who is reading from a script thousands of miles away. It's not helpful - especially if they can't give you accurate information. Quite frankly, it ticks me off. I'd rather have to call ten times, and when I finally get through, talk to a REAL CBCS employee who can provide answers.

I don't know what Beckett or CBCS is paying for an overseas call center that is useless and irritating to customers, but you might consider paying someone (or a few) people stateside to sit at a desk and answer questions based on the full CBCS database.

Thanks to all of you mods and CBCS employees who have responded to this thread. Sadly, if I had been able to reach someone knowledgeable in the first place, I would have been able to keep my concerns private instead of posting them publicly. I really don't like forums for complaints, but often, there is no resolution other than going "public" when a customer service hotline is so incompetent.

As an aside, my control panel is now showing "submitted" instead of "cancelled" so I'm guessing I've finally got someones attention. Thank you.
Post 29 IP   flag post
by the way @Jesse_O, I hope I did not come off as disrespectful to you as that was never my intent. I appreciate the help you offer and the wealth of knowledge you bring to the table. Just wanted to make that clear.
Post 30 IP   flag post
600686 40 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?