Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

The fact that Stan passed in Nov 189800

"Forum Overlord" bah ha ha ha... JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user
and this book came out in 2019.

clickable text
Post 1 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Yuck.
Post 2 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@JustThatGuy And that it has three bids
Post 3 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Does anyone actually report these folks? Or is it a nothing you can do type thing?

He has like 3 more books for sale. Looks like same style signature
Post 4 IP   flag post
Okay, I’m not endorsing it as genuine but unless it’s a variant, that is not the 2019 Facsimile edition.

The facsimile edition has a $3.99 cover price and has a barcode in the bottom right corner

EDIT: Close as I can tell it is the German Facsimile edition, still 2019 though. Someone should ask for a picture of the inside and see how he responds

Post 5 IP   flag post
"Forum Overlord" bah ha ha ha... JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user
@dielinfinite Thats what i thought i paid. thanks for clarifying.
Post 6 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
@dielinfinite It could also be the Hasbro reprint.

The following link has a full list of reprints with pictures:

Und Jetzt…Wolverine: Collecting the Hulk 181 Reprints
Post 7 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
Does anyone actually report these folks? Or is it a nothing you can do type thing?

He has like 3 more books for sale. Looks like same style signature
Those are probably fake gold chains and fake Michael Jordan sneakers he’s selling, too
Post 8 IP   flag post
Hasbro reprint has a black border around it and the True Believers has that on the top. The only thing I can think of is this is an actual reprint of the image of the real cover.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Well being fair he doesn't say Stan signed it, only that he somehow singed it. And give him props, it actually comes with a real bag and even a board
Post 10 IP   flag post
another of his listings...think hard about this one...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Forever-People-3-Jun-Jul-1971-DC-Signed-By-Stan-Lee/392376196388?hash=item5b5b719d24:g:BBwAAOSwX~9dTg1z

WHy would Stan lee sign a DC fourth worlds book done by Jack Kirby?
Post 11 IP   flag post
the guy is also offering a book supposedly signed by both Jack and Stan and I can tell that Kirby is a fake...yikes.
Post 12 IP   flag post
@drchaos @JustThatGuy I think it just might be something printed up at Kinko’s because even the German editions say
“Und jetzt…Wolverine” on the cover and I’m not aware of any reprint that looks like this.

So not only is it likely a fake signature, but it could be a fake comic
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector BrashSmurf private msg quote post Address this user
can't the seller be reported?
Post 14 IP   flag post
I looked at those shots again and on the 2nd shot, there is a bit of overhang on the front and the back cover. I’ll ask him for a shot of an interior page.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector ONLINE_209 private msg quote post Address this user
It says "Singed by Stan Lee." Does that mean Stan Lee signed it with a hot pen lol
Post 16 IP   flag post
I reported the Forever people book from DC he has signed by Stan lee...isn't a way in this world
Post 17 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
It’s gotta be a reproduction cover. Here’s a similar cover...

clickable text
Post 18 IP   flag post
He sounds like a vegan who wants real mayonnaise to be vegan friendly. Instant_Subtitles private msg quote post Address this user
To be honest, this is one of a few reasons why I am thinking of shutting down my eBay account. It's already hard not knowing what you are buying is exactly what they say it is. But this? I'd rather do honest business with any CBCS forum banned self-entitled egomaniacs than make a bid on something like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrashSmurf

Yes, and the seller should since there is a no chance that these were prepared for him to sign last year.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Collector BrashSmurf private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Instant_Subtitles
To be honest, this is one of a few reasons why I am thinking of shutting down my eBay account. It's already hard not knowing what you are buying is exactly what they say it is. But this? I'd rather do honest business with any CBCS forum banned self-entitled egomaniacs than make a bid on something like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrashSmurf

Yes, and the seller should since there is a no chance that these were prepared for him to sign last year.
You can shut down an ebay account?

I got the books i was chasing NM98, ASM300 and ASM361. didn't know you can deactivate it
Post 20 IP   flag post
easy way to deactivate an ebay account, don't use it
Post 21 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
@drchaos @JustThatGuy I think it just might be something printed up at Kinko’s because even the German editions say
“Und jetzt…Wolverine” on the cover and I’m not aware of any reprint that looks like this.

So not only is it likely a fake signature, but it could be a fake comic

You are correct on all points.

I posted the link just before I went to bed.

At a glance last night both the German and Hasbro covers seemed roughly identical to the original since I wasn't looking closely.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
I went to report this and it says
"The item in this listing is an authentic pre-printed autograph in the Autographs-Original categories."

What does pre-printed autograph mean?
Post 23 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town
the guy is also offering a book supposedly signed by both Jack and Stan and I can tell that Kirby is a fake...yikes.

The Jack Kirby signature looks real to me. Why do you think it is fake?
Post 24 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by etapi65
I went to report this and it says
"The item in this listing is an authentic pre-printed autograph in the Autographs-Original categories."

What does pre-printed autograph mean?

Case solved. Based on that description, I would bet it’s a color copy of a genuine signed Hulk #181. Someone had a signed copy so they made a color copy (probably several copies). If it sells, you can bet more will magically appear for sale on this guy’s ebay site.
Post 25 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedsaid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town

The Jack Kirby signature looks real to me. Why do you think it is fake?

Just giving my opinion but here is what I am working with...My signature was vintage mid eighties, and while it remains unauthenticated does appear genuine given context, many expert opinions, and comparisons to multiple examples .Look at the differences in every letter, look, arch and action.

First up is the sellers example....from the bottom of the page of the book.Second is my own copy that I have high confidence is legitimate.

Placed alongside one another it is obvious they are signed by two different people,given the structure of the letters. Compare the K in Kirby, the and the Y for instance....let alone the small letters in the first name etc.

To my eyes they look completely different, so two possible answers...mine or the specimen with 32 bids and being sold is not right
Post 26 IP   flag post
Every Kirby signature I've seen the lowercase b does not directly connect to the y. from the way he writes his "b" he almost prints a "u" between the "b" and the "y". Every, single, version of a kirby signature has this in common. The embellished K and J do vary, though the example you have seems much more common than the "K" in Kirby that doesn't crosses the vertical line. Also, the "k" on the end of Jack is completely off compared to every, verified sig example I can find. The Stan Lee sig also has considerable problems and is identical on all their "stan lee" signed. The only conclusion is these are all forged. By the seller, or the seller got taken; who knows. But the seller is responsible for what they put on ebay and the claims they're making.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo

Case solved. Based on that description, I would bet it’s a color copy of a genuine signed Hulk #181. Someone had a signed copy so they made a color copy (probably several copies). If it sells, you can bet more will magically appear for sale on this guy’s ebay site.

I don't believe so, the actual, written description does not claim the signature is copied...and it's still not Stan's sig. This person has 3 total feedback, all are from the last few months and all are "stan lee" signed items. It's a scam, I feel for the people buying these auctions.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
I think maybe the superficial differences are fooling you. One's signature can certainly change over the years.

Here are a couple samples from a quick Google search. (Actually, previously posted to the CBCS forum.)

Post 29 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by etapi65
Every Kirby signature I've seen the lowercase b does not directly connect to the y. from the way he writes his "b" he almost prints a "u" between the "b" and the "y". Every, single, version of a kirby signature has this in common. The embellished K and J do vary, though the example you have seems much more common than the "K" in Kirby that doesn't crosses the vertical line. Also, the "k" on the end of Jack is completely off compared to every, verified sig example I can find. The Stan Lee sig also has considerable problems and is identical on all their "stan lee" signed. The only conclusion is these are all forged. By the seller, or the seller got taken; who knows. But the seller is responsible for what they put on ebay and the claims they're making.

I had arrived at the similar conclusion regarding the Stan Lee as well, it also looks...odd. The Kirby for me at least is just no chance, its fake period
Post 30 IP   flag post
601285 49 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?