Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

In case anyone here collects transformers....9783

He sounds like a vegan who wants real mayonnaise to be vegan friendly. Instant_Subtitles private msg quote post Address this user
Speaking of Soundwave... This eBay seller claims to have gotten an "advanced copy" of the upcoming MP-13 reissue that is coming out this October/November. The funny thing is that the seller does not offer any proof of this, they offer a sealed coin that came with the Asian/Hong Kong market version.

I don't know about you guys but I can wait until November to get one from from BBTS for $75-$81 less.
Post 51 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Instant_Subtitles
Speaking of Soundwave... This eBay seller claims to have gotten an "advanced copy" of the upcoming MP-13 reissue that is coming out this October/November. The funny thing is that the seller does not offer any proof of this, they offer a sealed coin that came with the Asian/Hong Kong market version.

I don't know about you guys but I can wait until November to get one from from BBTS for $75-$81 less.

I like the TRU erosions best...more cassettes!

Post 52 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
I was able to complete three sets.
I already sold two "single" Soundwaves on eBay.
So I have been lucky enough to get 5 Soundwaves. I mean, I have came a cross a few more Soundwaves, but the boxes were completely destroyed, so obviously they weren't worth buying.

Post 53 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
We will discuss my commission later Mr. Soth
Post 54 IP   flag post
@Darkseid_of_town Haha
Post 55 IP   flag post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town
damn grown ass men playing with toys anyways!

Haha! I don't even collect toys, only comics. But being Soundwave was my favorite Transformer as a kid, I had to get him.
Post 56 IP   flag post
Soundwave has always been my favorite as well and why I jumped hard on this the very second I saw them ...I also like that this version is made from.soundblasters mold.and.can take two tapes in the chamber...
Post 57 IP   flag post
Collector Terry88 private msg quote post Address this user
6 Walmarts around the lower main land later... two complete sets. Ugh

As an aside, the stores that actually had product had enough to make probably 6 complete sets altogether.

No stores had both cassettes and Soundwave.
Post 58 IP   flag post
I'm just glad I was about getting mine as it was offered rather than after the fact and trying to get one after it went down
Post 59 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
The cassettes are looking harder to get than soundwave, but got two complete sets. The Wal-mart just finished their mod update yesterday and had 5 on the shelf of the soundwaves, but no cassettes, got 4 of them at a second walmart that had no soundwaves left...weird.
Post 60 IP   flag post
Collector moodswing private msg quote post Address this user
@GanaSoth

What kind of profit are you making? My friend found a couple soundwaves so I had her pick 1 up for me. No cassettes so she is hitting another store to see if she can find those.
Post 61 IP   flag post
From what I can tell on completed eBay listings, it looks about $50 to $60 per complete set I think. Not sure how that translates when any shipping or selling fees are factored in.
Post 62 IP   flag post
@Terry88
Complete set as with cassettes?

Retail is $50 so selling on eBay people are losing money... Brilliant ha
Post 63 IP   flag post
Ya, as far as I can tell. The sets are selling for about ~$180 (converted to CDN). So ~$140 USD?

For me, I spent $70 for Soundwave and $30 for each cassette pack. So that's about $50 to $60 mark up on eBay.

Dunno if this is gonna last or not.

Post 64 IP   flag post
Retail is around $96 for 2 cassette sets and soundwave. Add in shipping and ebay fees and if you are selling for around $130 you make about $10. I see some dude sold soundwave for $57 shipped lol. Do people not understand basic economics?

Tried a couple of stores...no luck with the cassettes. Apparently the inventory tracker sucks. 15 units means 0 in store.
Post 65 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Instant_Subtitles

The masterpiece collections are tiny works of art.
Post 66 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
@Hcanes Yes they are...I’m always amazed how they can match their “earth” form and their robot form so close to the cartoon. The attention to detail is top notch.
Post 67 IP   flag post
Took the time to scan the shelf label for these. It shows what new stock is in the system and date of arrival. My store shows 6 fresh units of soundwave and more tapes headed my way the 28th of this month ...should be consistent for any store that sold out already Now it will be interesting to see how many can refill or if restock supply holds up
Post 68 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by moodswing
Retail is around $96 for 2 cassette sets and soundwave. Add in shipping and ebay fees and if you are selling for around $130 you make about $10. I see some dude sold soundwave for $57 shipped lol. Do people not understand basic economics?

Tried a couple of stores...no luck with the cassettes. Apparently the inventory tracker sucks. 15 units means 0 in store.

You are operating from the assumption everyone has the same cost level as you do....that isn't the case....by example...wal mart employees who have a company green card get ten percent off all non food items.
Post 69 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user

After looking for these for about a week my son finally found the third item and finally has a complete set. That’s a lot of legwork.
Post 70 IP   flag post
He sounds like a vegan who wants real mayonnaise to be vegan friendly. Instant_Subtitles private msg quote post Address this user
So irony has struck. After I cancelled my pre-order for the MP-13 reissue, because the thought of having (post-Encore) reissues graded by AFA felt like a bad idea to me, my local Walmart had a peg full of these for sale. All easily in AFA 85/9.0 condition.

I can only hope what I bought myself for my birthday, and also asked for, turn out to be good enough substitutes. It has been a long while since I submitted anything for grading purposes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio

When it comes to Transformers, my #1 rule for me is to give mad respect to most (nearly all) Toys"R"Us exclusives. Mostly Toys"R"Us Japan, but even ones like Hasbro's Masterpiece exclusives.
Post 71 IP   flag post
@Terry88 The funny thing is that a premium mark-up is fine for me if the item (or items) justified it. Because in the end my intention has always been to buy ones I could submit to AFA. Which meant I was paying extra in hopes of having items that might result in a high-grade. But when it comes to exclusives that are still in stores, a $60 mark-up is a moral gray zone for me.

Then again, I am trying to sell the last of my Star Wars collection for $120. With everything costing me more than that in the end. All because I need to move past that part of the hobby.
Post 72 IP   flag post
LocalWal mart got a resupply today...6 more waves, and additional cassettes, quantity unknown...….all gone...one day...label indicates new shipment coming the 31st of 6 more....ready...set
Post 73 IP   flag post
Ya, I don't resell (or at least haven't gone down that road yet) and only collect, but the recent trend seemed to show about a $40 to $60 profit.

Many of the stores around Vancouver don't seem to be running out of stock immediately so I guess our market is a lot different from what it sounds like in the States. I could easily go out and get another bunch of sets right now according to the stock checkers. And over last weekend could have easily bought 10 complete sets.

I was thinking about selling the second set I bought in case a friend wanted them but it seems the price (eBay) has come down so far that I'm almost better off to just return them to the store... rather than risk the ass ache of shipping and/or having something unhappily returned.
Post 74 IP   flag post
Just got this in today. Figured since I got myself Soundwave, may as well get another icon, Starscream.

Post 75 IP   flag post
Make note of the reshaped hand ànd Megatron in pistol form offered there. Awesome if you ask me
Post 76 IP   flag post
Does anyone else find it odd, that with the starscream reissue they clearly made it a rub sign version.....while rendering Soundwave as a pre rub sign version but molded with a post 85 chest compartment like soundblaster? Even the cassettes are rub sign version as you might expect but Soundwave alone was given the honor apparently of being a pre rub version.

Side note, those starscream reissues with the megatron gun are strikingly affordable despite the quality and natural beauty they have. I should have bought a dozen of them...
Post 77 IP   flag post
Check out this person's auction for Soundwave on eBay. It's a decent price if you're wanting one cheap to open.

(But honestly I don't see why they would buy it for $50 then sell it for $20 less unless they got it free....)

Click or Touch Here for the Auction.
Post 78 IP   flag post
its bid to the point now with shipping and taxes, its the same as buying a new one..the sellers mistake here is he should have removed it from the box, sold it lose, and offered to include the box folded flat to save shipping, rather than charge full shipping to protect an already destroyed package. Had he done so the bid might have gone higher, because it would take 11 dollars in shipping fees.

I did look at the auction and do the math because I want one to open and pose on my desk, and hoped to find something like this. Ihave a hard time justifying doing that with my original eighties pre rub boxed version so this would be a good fit for me if I can score one cheaper especially.
Post 79 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GanaSoth
Just got this in today. Figured since I got myself Soundwave, may as well get another icon, Starscream.

Oooh... So minty fresh! So jealous!

Now I cannot wait until my only two Encore figures arrive! All I will say is that one of them was cheaper than what people are asking for when it comes to "G1 Vintage" Soundwave! But combined with the other one it cost me a bit more than if I was to buy that with the two tape sets.

And the best part is that neither will look like they got into a wrestling match with Samoa Joe. Unless FedEx lets that happen. But *knocks on wood* I doubt that will happen.
Post 80 IP   flag post
600906 80 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?