Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

In case anyone here collects transformers....9783

Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
and he scores!!!
Post 26 IP   flag post
Makes you wonder if they did megatron would it only be the pistol with no attachments, since prime had no trailer or roller, etc.

I vote to release Reflector !! since it was never commercially available in the US and only way to get it was via robot points mail ins
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town
Makes you wonder if they did megatron would it only be the pistol with no attachments, since prime had no trailer or roller, etc.

I vote to release Reflector !! since it was never commercially available in the US and only way to get it was via robot points mail ins

Not seeing Megatron released...they’d have to add an orange piece too to differentiate it from a real gun. Th foreign remakes are the ones to chase down if you’re looking for something close to authentic repro.

As for reflector, his toy, like many of the transformers toys, didn’t exactly resemble the cartoon.

I think Walmart will likely stick to re-issueing,what TRU was re-issuing....

Would love to see a Hound repro.
Post 28 IP   flag post
I have an original G1 movie Edition Megatron with unapplied decals so no pressure for me if they do or do not release it. There have been multiple reissues in the US with the orange barrel piece, that law requires so I do not see that as a deal breaker.

Reflector was modeled on the chassis originally used for the pre transformers camera toy by Microx. It was such a minor character in the cartoon, but technically the first true combiner released in the line, albeit not through commercial sources.
Hound has seen multiple US reissues, but its a nice toy if they retain the metal body panels used for the G1 along with the chrome accessories used in the original. Real Rubber tires too....one of the tougher generation one toys to find unbroken and complete, with good paint and stickers
Post 29 IP   flag post
He sounds like a vegan who wants real mayonnaise to be vegan friendly. Instant_Subtitles private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

TakaraTomy probably would do that since the P38 alt-mode is not banned in Japan. Plus they are also reissuing Convoy (Optimus Prime) cab-less. So they might. But in the West, it would be another topic for the "experts" to cry about in the forums. Or be very tricky to sell since it is both a reissue of a pre-Transformers line that based it on an actual gun.

Quote:

I want to second this idea! The 'Siege' reboot version (Reflektor) is getting a "vintage color" exclusive set. So it would make sense that this one be pushed alongside (or after) Astrotrain is released! (Of course I may not get it since it would be hard to find here, and eBay sellers would have it for $Your First Born as the "Buy it now or regret it later!" option.)
Post 30 IP   flag post

@Instant_Subtitles

Is astrotrain getting the Walmart re-issue special? Any others you’ve heard of (or anyone for that matter)?
Post 31 IP   flag post
Since in 2018 they released a Prime, Hot Rod, Devastator, and Starscream, and this year we have gotten soundwave and four cassettes, I think it likey wal mart will continue releasing reissues but I admit I haven't a clue what comes next.

Personnally I wouldn't mind seeing Gifsets of Menasor, Superion, Defensor and perhaps lose versions of the combaticons….

Insecticons would be a nice idea...preceptor anyone? Scorponok would be fun...but man would it be amazing to have an actual wal mart reissue Fortress Maximus!
Post 32 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
If you're wondering about local walmarts check this site to see if they have them in stock near your zip. if it says the have "6" it probably means they haven't put them out yet.
Post 33 IP   flag post
Collector moodswing private msg quote post Address this user
So how can you distinguish these from the original g1s?
Post 34 IP   flag post
these have a raised tape door, for one thing, and for another the buttons are molded as a single piece, whereas the G1's had I believe three separate buttons. Inside the box the simple way to tell is the originals used a foam insert tray, and the reissue uses a plastic holder tray, likely a concesion to our ozone layer. Those are the obvious ones for me without even taking the toy out of the box...….

Essentially the reissue has the same door and body molding as a SoundBlaster ...as seen here, minus the red coloring, whereas the G1 had a flush door with internal hinges, and separate buttons

This also means the reissue should hold two tapes whereas a g1 only held one.

If removed from the box I am sure that in the compartment that holds the weapons on back, or battery area, there should be date and manufacturing stamping which is also likely for this year rather than 1982 or 1984....
https://www.tfu.info/1987/Destron/Soundblaster/soundblaster.htm
https://www.tfu.info/1984/Decepticon/Soundwave/soundwave.htm
Post 35 IP   flag post
Quote:
Since in 2018 they released a Prime, Hot Rod, Devastator, and Starscream, and this year we have gotten soundwave and four cassettes.

Also several mini-bots including Bumblebee, Outback, Gears, and Warpath and a couple others that are just re-colors of gears and windcharger.

I posted these back in archived thread
Post 36 IP   flag post
He sounds like a vegan who wants real mayonnaise to be vegan friendly. Instant_Subtitles private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
@Instant_Subtitles

Is astrotrain getting the Walmart re-issue special? Any others you’ve heard of (or anyone for that matter)?

To be honest I have been avoiding the franchise up until I heard that Siege will have Apeface be both a triple-changer and a Titan Master/Headmaster. And the current news that I could find is that Blaster won their current poll. So unless something happens it looks like he will be Astrotrain's follow-up.

Plus there is the Hasbro Pulse pre-order for a mini-cassette 3-pack. I was close to pre-ordering it myself but decided not to in the end.
Post 37 IP   flag post
oh I like the dinosaur cassettes....I remember there was a version of them released only in Japan back during generation one, but the two never saw a North American release if I remember correctly

I have to admit its kind of...ironic looking at a Walmart shelf and seeing Siege Soundwave sitting on the shelf right above reissue Soundwave

Took a minute to run threw the local Wal Mart tonight and sure enough they sold out of all Soundwave and tape figures ….less than seven days and all gone. Be interesting to see if they are able to restock.....the starscream and devastator releases never restocked here at all so...
Post 38 IP   flag post
@Darkseid_of_town The interesting thing is that both Gurafi and Noizu are part of one set. Which has this finally mark their U.S. debut. The other is a single pack with Frenzy (aka The Blue Guy). Something I would have pre-ordered ASAP if my current attempt at a Transformers collection is solely 1987 Headmasters related.

And to be honest, my local Walmart barely gets anything good. But when cases like that does happen it tends to make me feel old. Then again, the current status of my AFA collecting goals makes me feel old-ish. And broke.
Post 39 IP   flag post
I am not so much into a frenzy over frenzy as into the dinosaur cassettes, its amazing that they can combine no less.
Post 40 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by etapi65
If you're wondering about local walmarts check this site to see if they have them in stock near your zip. if it says the have "6" it probably means they haven't put them out yet.

Picked one up today; saw a wal-mart that this site claimed had 4 so figured they were out. Bought mine, someone else must have grabbed one as well; now reads 2, so it looks like the site is fairly accurate and updates near-real-time.
Post 41 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
I just picked these up this week. Traveling from Upstate NY to South Carolina (work).

Also picked up two more Soundwaves.
Post 42 IP   flag post
How long do these reissues stay in stores?
Post 43 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by moodswing
not long. As near as I can tell each store that got them received 6 soundwaves and 3 each of the two cassette types (for also, 6 total). I got a soundwave and 4 of the tapes, but getting a second soundwave has been tricky. Based on the releases from last year, I doubt they're going to restock and not every supercenter got any. I'm stalking one of the local wal-marts that is still not done with their mod switch, but have what look to be the last 3 pallets out and ready to put out...maybe by tonight I can get my second soundwave.
Post 44 IP   flag post
Collector Paulbg2000 private msg quote post Address this user
Did you guys see this new Unicron?

19lbs and 30 inches in diameter...

clickable text
Post 45 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulbg2000

Yeah you can get it for $579
Click or Touch here to order Unicron

Post 46 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by etapi65
Quote:
Originally Posted by moodswing
not long. As near as I can tell each store that got them received 6 soundwaves and 3 each of the two cassette types (for also, 6 total). I got a soundwave and 4 of the tapes, but getting a second soundwave has been tricky. Based on the releases from last year, I doubt they're going to restock and not every supercenter got any. I'm stalking one of the local wal-marts that is still not done with their mod switch, but have what look to be the last 3 pallets out and ready to put out...maybe by tonight I can get my second soundwave.

So each store gets 1 shipment of these?
Post 47 IP   flag post
That is the million dollar question. With starscream and devastator it was one shipment and out. I would assume these are at least as limited but soundwave has serious charisma going for him. Just ask the other decepticons!

One possible avenue people might try is walmart.com.

Our store sold out of tapes and soundwave a week ago and so far no restock in sight

That's the potential for something like this from Walmart. If there were ten thousand made that's a flash and gone for Wal Mart. ..
Post 48 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GanaSoth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulbg2000

Yeah you can get it for $579
Click or Touch here to order Unicron

damn grown ass men playing with toys anyways!
Post 49 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user

After much hunting my son was able to pick one up at a nearby Walmart
Post 50 IP   flag post
Speaking of Soundwave... This eBay seller claims to have gotten an "advanced copy" of the upcoming MP-13 reissue that is coming out this October/November. The funny thing is that the seller does not offer any proof of this, they offer a sealed coin that came with the Asian/Hong Kong market version.

I don't know about you guys but I can wait until November to get one from from BBTS for $75-$81 less.
Post 51 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Instant_Subtitles
Speaking of Soundwave... This eBay seller claims to have gotten an "advanced copy" of the upcoming MP-13 reissue that is coming out this October/November. The funny thing is that the seller does not offer any proof of this, they offer a sealed coin that came with the Asian/Hong Kong market version.

I don't know about you guys but I can wait until November to get one from from BBTS for $75-$81 less.

I like the TRU erosions best...more cassettes!

Post 52 IP   flag post
I was able to complete three sets.
I already sold two "single" Soundwaves on eBay.
So I have been lucky enough to get 5 Soundwaves. I mean, I have came a cross a few more Soundwaves, but the boxes were completely destroyed, so obviously they weren't worth buying.

Post 53 IP   flag post
We will discuss my commission later Mr. Soth
Post 54 IP   flag post
@Darkseid_of_town Haha
Post 55 IP   flag post
601333 80 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?