Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

The BEST comic book movie NOT YET made?9776

Pictures? We don't need no stinking pictures. brysb private msg quote post Address this user
CAMELOT 3000!!

An awesome 12 part maxi-series...great story, great art...wake up and make this into a movie!

Any others not yet made but are worthy??
Post 1 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Kalutas Starstruck
Post 2 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
A 4 part/3 hour + epic movie series capturing the events of the Fantastic Four issues 45 (1st appearance of the Inhumans) to issues 53. Introducing Silver Surfer, Galactus, Black Panther and Klaw...a space epic!
Post 3 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
A 4 part/3 hour + epic movie series capturing the events of the Fantastic Four issues 45 (1st appearance to the Inhumans) to issues 53. Introducing Silver Surfer, Galactus, Black Panther and Klaw...a space epic!

Holy Moly that's a great Idea! (also i don't recognize the other two suggestions so it was easy to back yours)
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Kenjisan1967 private msg quote post Address this user
@brysb totally agree!
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector KYoung_1974 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by brysb
CAMELOT 3000!!

An awesome 12 part maxi-series...great story, great art...wake up and make this into a movie!

Any others not yet made but are worthy??

YESSSS!!! That was a fantastic series that ended up suffering due to production delays.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Why just the women? I like bears. Gaard private msg quote post Address this user
Dreadstar
Post 7 IP   flag post
Pictures? We don't need no stinking pictures. brysb private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaard
Dreadstar
i 100% agree!
Post 8 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
I always thought the Strange Adventures run that introduced Deadman would make a great trilogy of movies.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector Zombiebigfoot private msg quote post Address this user
My suggestions here...

1. Kingdom Come or Red Son
2. Plastic
3. Secret Wars (both original & recent runs imo!)
4. NFL SUPERPRO!! (Didn’t expect that twist did ya? Lol! Jk)
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector KYoung_1974 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiebigfoot
My suggestions here...

1. Kingdom Come or Red Son
2. Plastic
3. Secret Wars (both original & recent runs imo!)
4. NFL SUPERPRO!! (Didn’t expect that twist did ya? Lol! Jk)

I think Red Son is getting the animated treatment. Kingdom Come would be cool.

In the same vein, Dark Knight Returns might be fun to see on the big screen (even though they stole some of the scenes for Batman V Superman) if they gave it the same treatment as Logan where it was brutal and in your face. And the actor actually did a voice over for the inner dialogue.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
Adam Strange Adventures on Rann ...SA classic from Mystery In Space (on further thought, given the episodic nature of Adam’s travels this might work better as a television series).

One of the most interesting old school Marvel properties that I’d like to see attempted is the epic fire and water battle between the original android Human Torch, representing NY and all of humankind, and Prince Namor the Sub-Mariner, representing his threatened undersea kingdom. This epic conflict would be especially interesting with the back-drop of an escalating war in Europe in 1940-41.

Well, one can always dream, right?
Post 12 IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user
I am still holding out hope for The Sixth Gun. Such a fantastic read and perfect for a 2-3 season series. Western backdrop, the undead, magical guns...wtf else could you want?!?

I find it amazing the turd Hulu, Amazon and Netflix will put money behind. Most of it is unwatchable.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
It! The Living Colossus
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
Squirrel Girl
Post 15 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Superior
Post 16 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
Superior

If I get where you're coming from, that would be awesome!
Post 17 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
Miracleman
Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector CEPubDude private msg quote post Address this user
Roachmill...
Post 19 IP   flag post
Kravens Last Hunt....
Post 20 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Of course I'm going to be predictable here and say Miracleman or the Alan Moore reboot of Swamp Thing with Floronic Man.

How about the whole under-explored story line leading up to "Days of Future Past", where the Sentinels basically take over control of the world and kill off 99% of the Marvel Universe? That would be fun to write.

X-men Ghost Box has a lot of potential.

The Frank Miller Daredevil story line where Kingpin finds out he's Matt Murdock and freezes his bank accounts and blows up his home, can't remember what that's called.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
The silver age origins story of...(insert hero"s name) flash...green lantern, atom, justice league, as well as Justice league of America issues 21-22
Post 22 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre_Coder
If I get where you're coming from, that would be awesome!

Yep - you get me

Last I heard, they were writing a script and Millar wants John Cena to play Superior.
Post 23 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Grim Jack would be my only wish

Post 24 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town
The silver age origins story of...(insert hero"s name) flash...green lantern, atom, justice league, as well as Justice league of America issues 21-22

So DC has pretty much sh!t the bed with the current DC Universe.
For me JLA, Suicide Squad, most Bat movies,and even Wonder Woman were just run of the mill hell!!! they slaughtered Green Lantern to the point it was a joke in Deadpool.

I was surprised that Aquaman and Shazm were actually decent (with Shazam in the lead) and most importantly my kid liked them.

Pretty sure though that no one at DC has an idea on how to tie it all together in a cohesive way like Marvel was able to do.

Soooo....lets do golden age DC!!! - Sandman and Specter with a Pulp/Noir feel to it with, heck the whole Justice Society of America and evolve that into All Star Squadron - they can fight Nazi's, the Mob, Russians and everything!!!

Although with JSA they can't go too gritty because then it's just Watchmen!!
Post 25 IP   flag post
WARLORD!!

Post 26 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
I want a live action Herculoids movie.
Post 27 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
I want a live action Herculoids movie.

If that's where we're going then i want a Jonny Quest live action movie. that would rock! Jonny was in comics for some time.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector CatCovers private msg quote post Address this user
Tim Truman's Scout. Might make a better TV show.

Bring the X-Men and New Mutants into the MCU with the Asgardian Wars storyline.

Locke and Key (though I think I remember it's being made into a show).
Post 29 IP   flag post
Ima gonna steal this and look for some occasion to use it! IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
Turok

We've had huge dinosaur movies. We've had successful Native American movies. We've had successful middle earth movies. I believe the timing is right as well. Turok was one of the biggest video games 22 years ago.

I'd love to see a Phantom Stranger movie as well.

On a lighter, but I'm still not kidding note. I enjoyed Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter. A lot. More than I should I suppose. How great would it be to see Buckler's Reagan's Raiders brought to the big screen?
Post 30 IP   flag post
601333 54 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?