Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector Noblebeast315 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre_Coder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noblebeast315
@Pre_Coder oh brother man. I am so sorry to tell you I was born and raised a New York Football Giants Fan. Although I was born and raised in the southern ends of Virginia, I never watched a Redskins game growing up. My family being from NY only watched giants games so I am pretty hard core in that direction haha. Yes I still live in the heart of Redskin country (Manassas) but my fandom has never Waivered. As much as people bitch about how bad we are if recent, and how Gettleman has ruined the team, I actually think people will be surprised at how good we are this year. I see use missing the play offs at an 9-7 record. Gettleman is terrible with people but he is an ace with scouting draft prospects and for that I think we will be ok.

Bill Pacells and The NY Giants were classic! Just like Joe Gibbs and the Redskins.

Copy that brother! Let the legacies continue!
Post 26 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@Jesse_O I believe a play off possibility could be in the card for the Vikings. I think Green Bay will take a step back with their new offense, and I think The Bear will Continue to be tough. The Lions I am unfortunately not a believer in. They may do ok, but I don’t see a play off game In their future this year. Much like the Giants, much approved, but just not there yet.

The Bears were too damn tough last season. I don't know what the hell happened. It's almost like it was scripted for them to lose.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Okay now we got:
- Steve Roger
- Greenspips
- Pre-Coder
- myself

That’s a division!

Count me in if it’s free and you need to complete a league. I took about a ten year hiatus but got back into it last year, so I’m a little familiar with he players.

I don’t like to pay because It’s just for fun for me.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector gotham44 private msg quote post Address this user
I'm a Browns fan and im hyped for this season. It's been hard being a fan, so hard. Im hoping for a 9-7 or 10-6 record if Mayfield improves. Baby steps.
Post 29 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
I'm hopeful that with our new O coordinator that Cousins will perform better. Supposedly he is redesigning everything to fit Cousins style of play.
@Jesse_O I know that he is not the Vikings OC, but if Gary Kubiak is involved with redesigning the offense, I think you'll like the results. Check out his years as head coach in Houston and what he did with Matt Schaub during his best years. The Texans offense rocked during that time.
Post 30 IP   flag post

Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWeeB1967
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
I'm hopeful that with our new O coordinator that Cousins will perform better. Supposedly he is redesigning everything to fit Cousins style of play.
@Jesse_O I know that he is not the Vikings OC, but if Gary Kubiak is involved with redesigning the offense, I think you'll like the results. Check out his years as head coach in Houston and what he did with Matt Schaub during his best years. The Texans offense rocked during that time.

I had forgotten that we got Kubiak!!! His official title is Assistant Head Coach/Offensive Adviser, so you KNOW he will have some input on the offense. And yes, he did a very good job with the Texans. It just seemed like not everything was able to click at the same time for them. And I liked him with the Broncos also. So yeah, he is a definite plus this year!!!
Post 31 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
@Jesse_O I believe a play off possibility could be in the card for the Vikings. I think Green Bay will take a step back with their new offense, and I think The Bear will Continue to be tough. The Lions I am unfortunately not a believer in. They may do ok, but I don’t see a play off game In their future this year. Much like the Giants, much approved, but just not there yet.

The Bears were too damn tough last season. I don't know what the hell happened. It's almost like it was scripted for them to lose.

Double Doink
Post 32 IP   flag post
Collector iggykoopa30 private msg quote post Address this user
Lifelong Redskins fan here as well! It's been tough the last 20 years... but I do like Haskins as our future QB. I really hope he develops into a solid player. I ready that McCoy is listed as the starter and Haskins is 3rd string. I think that's good to start the season... maybe by game 6 he's ready to go!
Post 33 IP   flag post
Collector Enelson private msg quote post Address this user
I want this guy on my team

Post 34 IP   flag post
Collector Enelson private msg quote post Address this user
...oh and born and raised in San Diego- my dad and grandmother both had season tickets. I went to every home game from about 84 till 2006 when I moved to new Jersey. Still a Charger fan, but its hard...they make it very difficult.
Post 35 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by iggykoopa30
Lifelong Redskins fan here as well! It's been tough the last 20 years... but I do like Haskins as our future QB. I really hope he develops into a solid player. I ready that McCoy is listed as the starter and Haskins is 3rd string. I think that's good to start the season... maybe by game 6 he's ready to go!

I think Washington should start Haskins in game 1, keep him in every game, and let him take his lumps. That's how you evolve and mature in the NFL. Like Dallas did with Aikman.
Post 36 IP   flag post
Collector TerrySloan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
Quote:
Okay now we got:
- Steve Roger
- Greenspips
- Pre-Coder
- myself

That’s a division!

Count me in if it’s free and you need to complete a league. I took about a ten year hiatus but got back into it last year, so I’m a little familiar with he players.

I don’t like to pay because It’s just for fun for me.

I'll be happy to join. Mostly a lurker here but I enjoy reading the posts.
Post 37 IP   flag post
Collector iggykoopa30 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

I think Washington should start Haskins in game 1, keep him in every game, and let him take his lumps. That's how you evolve and mature in the NFL. Like Dallas did with Aikman.

True. But for every one Aikman there's a five or six Joey Harrington's or Mark Sanchez's that got thrown in too quickly.
Post 38 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

True. But for every one Aikman there's a five or six Joey Harrington's or Mark Sanchez's that got thrown in too quickly.

Which only shows Harrington and Sanchez couldn't handle it.

And they still can't.
Post 39 IP   flag post
Collector michaelekrupp private msg quote post Address this user
Agreed. If you take a QB round one you should absolutely get him out there. Those other players’ poor performance is more a reflection on the people who made the decision to draft them that high.
Post 40 IP   flag post
I still change the channel every time I see Matt Millen on TV😑.
Post 41 IP   flag post
Joined The Club Steverogers11 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Okay now we got:
- Steve Roger
- Greenspips
- Pre-Coder
- myself

That’s a division!

Start one up and give us details to join. I’m in
Post 42 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelekrupp
I still change the channel every time I see Matt Millen on TV😑.
I did not know you were a football fan. I love watching my NFL games and I am hoping one day to drink the Hanallullu Blue Kool Aid.
Post 43 IP   flag post
Collector TerrySloan private msg quote post Address this user
https://fantasy.espn.com/football/league/join?leagueId=59248843&inviteId=26267d75-7aac-46cc-95c5-8f0d1362ea80

Feel free to come and join. The league name is CBCS Collectors
Post 44 IP   flag post
Joined Terry. Thanks for setting up
Post 45 IP   flag post
@BrianGreensnips Yep, I am a hardcore Lions fan through and through. I think that if the Lions ever do actually win anything, a lot of people will be drinking that kool aid. I am sure you remember how it was when the Red Wings went from being the “dead things” of the 70s and 80s to winning multiple championships in the 90s and 2000s. If that ever happens with the Lions, the bandwagon will be like that times 100!
Post 46 IP   flag post
Quote:
@BrianGreensnips Yep, I am a hardcore Lions fan through and through. I think that if the Lions ever do actually win anything, a lot of people will be drinking that kool aid. I am sure you remember how it was when the Red Wings went from being the “dead things” of the 70s and 80s to winning multiple championships in the 90s and 2000s. If that ever happens with the Lions, the bandwagon will be like that times 100!
don’t worry Michael. It won’t happen
Post 47 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steverogers11
Quote:
don’t worry Michael. It won’t happen

Yeah, that's too bad. Nobody wants to go to Detroit.

Post 48 IP   flag post
@Steverogers11 Oh, it will happen. The question is, will it happen in my lifetime?
Post 49 IP   flag post
@TerrySloan Thanks for setting it up. I just set up my info. There are still plenty of teams left. But I would move fast.
Post 50 IP   flag post
Be careful. It is touchy and I accidentally added a second team. Hopefully it can get deleated. The one I plan on keeping is Michigan Brian Greensnips

OK. That was easy to delete. There is a spot were you can leave the league. I wanted to make sure everyone gets a spot. Good luck all!
Post 51 IP   flag post
Collector comic_book_man private msg quote post Address this user
@Pre_Coder Bears, Ravens, Chargers, and Texans - 99.9% chance one of these four will win the superbowl. Guaranteed.
Post 52 IP   flag post
Hopefully it will happen in your great great great great great great great grandchildren
Post 53 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by comic_book_man
@Pre_Coder Bears, Ravens, Chargers, and Texans - 99.9% chance one of these four will win the superbowl. Guaranteed.
As a Texans fan, I hope you're right, @comic_book_man.
Post 54 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by comic_book_man

I doubt it. But out of the 4 I would have to go with the Bears.... again.
Post 55 IP   flag post
597874 79 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?