Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Since the 2019 NFL season is quickly approaching, what has your favorite NFL team done in the draft to improve?

My favorite team since the early 70's has been the Washington Redskins. Washington recently drafted for QB "Dwane Haskins" from Ohio State. He has been compared to Dan Marino... not mobile, but has an eye for the field and can get the ball there quick. Problem is, Washington doesn't have a lot of weapons for him at the moment.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Joined The Club Steverogers11 private msg quote post Address this user
Let’s start a fantasy league
Post 2 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steverogers11
Let’s start a fantasy league

Okay, start a Fantasy League Thread.

This is real life!
Post 3 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
The Vikings drafted center Garrett Bradberry. Whether he ends up as center or a guard, he is a welcome addition to the O line!!!
Post 4 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
The Vikings drafted center Garrett Bradberry. Whether he ends up as center or a guard, he is a welcome addition to the O line!!!

So are the Vikings your favorite team? Back in the early 2000's when I was an Oil/Gas Accounting Software Developer, Red McCombs was also big in oil. God I hated dealing with him, but when his company needed tech support, he always requested my name.

I guess that should be a compliment. LOL
Post 5 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre_Coder
Quote:

So are the Vikings your favorite team? Back in the early 2000's when I was an Oil/Gas Accounting Software Developer, Red McCombs was also big in oil. God I hated dealing with him, but when his company needed tech support, he always requested my name.

I guess that should be a compliment. LOL

I'd say that is a compliment, yes!! LOL!!! And yeah, lifelong Vikes fan here. I have a few other teams that I like, but when the Vikes play any of them, I cheer for the Vikes. Purple and Gold through and through!!! SKOL!!!!
Post 6 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
My favorite team growing up was the Houston Oilers. Once they left Houston and became the Tennessee Titans, I was "teamless" until the Texans came along. So you could call the Texans my favorite team.

What have they done to improve? Well, they drafted a couple of offensive linemen (their OL has been God-awful for about three years) that are "projects" and a tight end who played almost no tight end in college. They fired their GM *AFTER* the draft (and only like a year and a half into his tenure) and now are using a GM by committee approach. They released their 2nd string RB (and 2017 draft choice) D'onta Foreman this weekend. They have the look of a team that has absolutely no leadership and no direction.

So, to answer your question @Pre_Coder... not much of anything from what I can see.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWeeB1967
My favorite team growing up was the Houston Oilers. Once they left Houston and became the Tennessee Titans, I was "teamless" until the Texans came along. So you could call the Texans my favorite team.

What have they done to improve? Well, they drafted a couple of offensive linemen (their OL has been God-awful for about three years) that are "projects" and a tight end who played almost no tight end in college. They fired their GM *AFTER* the draft (and only like a year and a half into his tenure) and now are using a GM by committee approach. They released their 2nd string RB (and 2017 draft choice) D'onta Foreman this weekend. They have the look of a team that has absolutely no leadership and no direction.

So, to answer your question @Pre_Coder... not much of anything from what I can see.

Houston Oilers with Warren Moon kicked some butt!

The Houston Texans did good last season. I think that was due to player team work,... but management sucked! That's too bad!
Post 8 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Houston Oilers with Warren Moon kicked some butt!

The Houston Texans did good last season. I think that was due to player team work,... but management sucked! That's too bad!
The Oilers with Warren Moon were pretty tough as were the late 1970s "Luv Ya Blue" teams with Earl Campbell. Unfortunately, neither team could ever get to the Super Bowl.

The Texans do show promise but last year was, at least partially, I'm afraid, fool's gold. In 2017, they had tons of injuries and finished last in the AFC South. So, as a result, last year, they played a last place schedule and were able to beat many of those teams. But look what happened to them in the playoffs?? The Colts wiped up the floor with them.

With that said, they do have some talent, Deshaun Watson is going into his 3rd year, the defense projects to be pretty good, so we'll see. They have one hella-tough schedule, though.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector Noblebeast315 private msg quote post Address this user
@Pre_Coder oh brother man. I am so sorry to tell you I was born and raised a New York Football Giants Fan. Although I was born and raised in the southern ends of Virginia, I never watched a Redskins game growing up. My family being from NY only watched giants games so I am pretty hard core in that direction haha. Yes I still live in the heart of Redskin country (Manassas) but my fandom has never Waivered. As much as people bitch about how bad we are if recent, and how Gettleman has ruined the team, I actually think people will be surprised at how good we are this year. I see use missing the play offs at an 9-7 record. Gettleman is terrible with people but he is an ace with scouting draft prospects and for that I think we will be ok.
Post 10 IP   flag post
@Steverogers11 I would do a fantasy league with you guys (and gals). I have really enjoyed our forum and think this would be a fun time going through the football season. I’m game!
Post 11 IP   flag post
@Jesse_O I have liked a lot of draft picks the Vikings have had of recent. Therefore there are slot of Vikings players I like. I do not think Cousins can take you to the promised land, but your team is solid all around. I think you guys make a good candidate to move up in the next draft to grab Herbert or Fromm.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noblebeast315
@Jesse_O I have liked a lot of draft picks the Vikings have had of recent. Therefore there are slot of Vikings players I like. I do not think Cousins can take you to the promised land, but your team is solid all around. I think you guys make a good candidate to move up in the next draft to grab Herbert or Fromm.

I think Cousins has the capabilities, but like when he was in Washington, he doesn't have the weapons to make it happen.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
I live in a suburb of Detroit but I am not a Lions fan. They have let me down way too many times. I would also be interested in a fantasy football league.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Ok so do we want to do a fantasy Leagues or what? I’m thinking something in the 12-16 people range. We got time. Just got to recruit the interested parties. We could do a Yahoo league, I believe those are free. nFL network may have free leagues as well.
Post 15 IP   flag post
@Noblebeast315 @Pre_Coder I'm hopeful that with our new O coordinator that Cousins will perform better. Supposedly he is redesigning everything to fit Cousins style of play. We'll see if it succeeds. Plus, we need a dependable kicker!!!! If those two aspects fall into place and the D is on par with last year, I think we at least make the playoffs. Anything past that is wishful thinking before the season begins.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Okay now we got:
- Steve Roger
- Greenspips
- Pre-Coder
- myself

That’s a division!
Post 17 IP   flag post
Collector michaelekrupp private msg quote post Address this user
I love my Detroit Lions! 🦁 I am cautiously optimistic that they are on the right track after decades of mediocrity. They improved both the offensive and defensive lines through the draft and free agency this offseason. I think they will field a top ten defense this year, with a top 5 d-line. I like the addition of Darryl Bevel at offensive coordinator and the idea of lining up in a 2 TE set and pounding the ball down the field. It seems like the so called “experts” are giving them no love. I see people picking them to win only 3 or 4 games this year, to which I can only say “whaaat?”. Admittedly the schedule is tough this year, but I don’t think 9-7 is unrealistic. I usually go to 3-4 games a year. This was supposed to be the year I got season tickets, but having 3 eye surgeries this spring pushed those plans back a bit. At least I will be able to see the games I do attend 🙃. I have tickets for the Chargers, Giants and Cowboys games this season and although it’s unlikely, I wouldn’t mind adding one more game at some point.
Post 18 IP   flag post
@michaelekrupp Awesome! I hope you enjoy those games. I am hoping the Giants will give you a hard time, but I am happy you get to see it live. All the best brother!
Post 19 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
Mitch Tribusky or bust. Hope Matt Nagy can QB whisper some wins and not put everything on the Bears D.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Collector michaelekrupp private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks, bro! Much appreciated! And I wish your Giants good luck as well, every week except the week they come to Ford Field😉.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Quote:
@Noblebeast315 @Pre_Coder I'm hopeful that with our new O coordinator that Cousins will perform better. Supposedly he is redesigning everything to fit Cousins style of play. We'll see if it succeeds. Plus, we need a dependable kicker!!!! If those two aspects fall into place and the D is on par with last year, I think we at least make the playoffs. Anything past that is wishful thinking before the season begins.

I really enjoyed Cousins when he was in Washington, but they did not design an offense for him. Too bad for Washington IMO.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
NFL is so slow and on too small a field. Would love to see NFL quality players on a CFL sized field with CFL rules.

Failing that we'll go with Edmonton Eskimos southern version the Packers. If you are unfamiliar you should google the uniforms
Post 23 IP   flag post
Quote:
@Pre_Coder oh brother man. I am so sorry to tell you I was born and raised a New York Football Giants Fan. Although I was born and raised in the southern ends of Virginia, I never watched a Redskins game growing up. My family being from NY only watched giants games so I am pretty hard core in that direction haha. Yes I still live in the heart of Redskin country (Manassas) but my fandom has never Waivered. As much as people bitch about how bad we are if recent, and how Gettleman has ruined the team, I actually think people will be surprised at how good we are this year. I see use missing the play offs at an 9-7 record. Gettleman is terrible with people but he is an ace with scouting draft prospects and for that I think we will be ok.

Bill Parcells and The NY Giants were classic,... just like Joe Gibbs and the Redskins.
Post 24 IP   flag post
@Jesse_O I believe a play off possibility could be in the card for the Vikings. I think Green Bay will take a step back with their new offense, and I think The Bear will Continue to be tough. The Lions I am unfortunately not a believer in. They may do ok, but I don’t see a play off game In their future this year. Much like the Giants, much approved, but just not there yet.
Post 25 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

Bill Pacells and The NY Giants were classic! Just like Joe Gibbs and the Redskins.

Copy that brother! Let the legacies continue!
Post 26 IP   flag post
Quote:
@Jesse_O I believe a play off possibility could be in the card for the Vikings. I think Green Bay will take a step back with their new offense, and I think The Bear will Continue to be tough. The Lions I am unfortunately not a believer in. They may do ok, but I don’t see a play off game In their future this year. Much like the Giants, much approved, but just not there yet.

The Bears were too damn tough last season. I don't know what the hell happened. It's almost like it was scripted for them to lose.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Okay now we got:
- Steve Roger
- Greenspips
- Pre-Coder
- myself

That’s a division!

Count me in if it’s free and you need to complete a league. I took about a ten year hiatus but got back into it last year, so I’m a little familiar with he players.

I don’t like to pay because It’s just for fun for me.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector gotham44 private msg quote post Address this user
I'm a Browns fan and im hyped for this season. It's been hard being a fan, so hard. Im hoping for a 9-7 or 10-6 record if Mayfield improves. Baby steps.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Quote:
I'm hopeful that with our new O coordinator that Cousins will perform better. Supposedly he is redesigning everything to fit Cousins style of play.
@Jesse_O I know that he is not the Vikings OC, but if Gary Kubiak is involved with redesigning the offense, I think you'll like the results. Check out his years as head coach in Houston and what he did with Matt Schaub during his best years. The Texans offense rocked during that time.
Post 30 IP   flag post
601228 79 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?