Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Angry Girlfriend Variant? CBCS slab - Amazing Spider-Man 149671

Why just the women? I like bears. Gaard private msg quote post Address this user
From mint to 1.8
Post 26 IP   flag post
The Scar Giver Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
So, Chance responded to my tag from last night. He claims that was the comic and the girl's name was Karen. He thanked me for bringing it to his attention.
Post 27 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
So this girl got angry with Chance for being jealous/possessive and wrote on the cover. Seems to me like it was probably the other way around. She probably caught Chance tapping the other girl's booty, and this girl in turn vendictivly defaced this book's cover. That's my interpretation.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Well, he does say that he "harassed" her.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Latest news:

Post 30 IP   flag post

Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Generally in life I've learned when someone begins with...trust me..that's the last thing you should do
Post 31 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Is she a red head? Never trust your valuables with a fiery emotionally unstable adolescent ginger! They are like TMNTs or ARBBHs, only worse.
Post 32 IP   flag post
@Darkseid_of_town LOL!!!! Very true!!
Post 33 IP   flag post
@esaravo LOL!!! But just like the turtles and hamsters, there is just something about redheads that keeps on attracting!!!
Post 34 IP   flag post
An artist friend of mine, Bryan Silverbak, is going to do a podcast with the owner tomorrow!! I shared Bryan's first major cover art here earlier this year.

Post 35 IP   flag post
Collector Karen private msg quote post Address this user
I am Karen. I wrote on this comic 30 years ago after my ex friend Chance trapped me in his car, cut off my hair, and threatened to cut my face. I was never his girlfriend. This was only 1 of many incidents. The harassment has not ever really stopped since high school, 30 years ago. Every so often he finds a way to involve me in his pathetic life. Yesterday I started getting messages from people I know that it was starting again, and he was sending old pictures of me to people we both know and grew up with. So when he says, Trust me I'm being completely fair" about the podcast he is going to do... I doubt it. I can't believe you would post that picture of me without knowing what really happened. Believe me when I say that this will only fuel his fire and in some sick way he is getting pleasure and satisfaction out of this.
Post 36 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
I kind of see her point, this does look like someone trying to live vicariously through some past bad episode.....cmon, a podcast no less?I mean thirty years ...let it go already. I had the thought when I saw the comic, if that was me in this story I am so saddened and embarrassed by it all I would never admit it was linked to my backstory...but to thrive on it and do podcasts to me feels....off....just my two cents.
Post 37 IP   flag post
Collector gmellos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
So I did a little snooping on this. I remember when it was slabbed and shared on facebook, but I never heard the full story behind it. So a-snooping I went!!! I found this post from a Chance in one of my groups from 2018. I think he remembered the wrong words on the cover, but the statement on the back now makes a little more sense. I tagged him on his post and shared the slabbed pictures and a link to the Newsweek article. This could get fun!!! Either the guy made up the story and was just testing to see if people had heard of it, or it really happened to this guy. Judging by the comments on the old thread, I'm leaning towards that this is the actual Chance and this was his book. Regardless, let's see how much can get stirred up over this!!! LOL!!!

There's always two sides to every story. Usually you have to REALLY PISS OFF someone to something like that. just saying
Post 38 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen
I am Karen. I wrote on this comic 30 years ago after my ex friend Chance trapped me in his car, cut off my hair, and threatened to cut my face. I was never his girlfriend. This was only 1 of many incidents. The harassment has not ever really stopped since high school, 30 years ago. Every so often he finds a way to involve me in his pathetic life. Yesterday I started getting messages from people I know that it was starting again, and he was sending old pictures of me to people we both know and grew up with. So when he says, Trust me I'm being completely fair" about the podcast he is going to do... I doubt it. I can't believe you would post that picture of me without knowing what really happened. Believe me when I say that this will only fuel his fire and in some sick way he is getting pleasure and satisfaction out of this.

I have to guess the photo of the 2 of you was taken before this incident.
Post 39 IP   flag post
Quote:

The other side of the story!!

I'm sorry that you have had to go through this!!! No one should have to go through this!
Post 40 IP   flag post
@Karen, I get your point. Your picture has been deleted. If what you say is true, I totally get why you did what you did.
Post 41 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town
Generally in life I've learned when someone begins with...trust me..that's the last thing you should do

A girl I used to date said "Trust me" means "Bend over."
Post 42 IP   flag post
Collector Karen private msg quote post Address this user
I appreciate you all being reasonable and hearing what I said, thank you. I guess I needed to vent. After the Newsweek write up this week, people on twitter have been posting really mean things about wanting to hurt me and it just brought up a lot of old feelings of being scared. Obviously, if I could go back in time, I wouldn't handle it the same way I did. Teenagers aren't always smart, lol.
Post 43 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
Don't pay any attention to antagonists on the internet. Sounds like you had a reason for doing what you did. Let the past be the past and don't let others stop you from being who you are today. Thanks for sharing your side of the story.
Post 44 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
I appreciate you all being reasonable and hearing what I said, thank you. I guess I needed to vent. After the Newsweek write up this week, people on twitter have been posting really mean things about wanting to hurt me and it just brought up a lot of old feelings of being scared. Obviously, if I could go back in time, I wouldn't handle it the same way I did. Teenagers aren't always smart, lol.

It's a personal issue between you and him. I would like a nice copy of that issue, but there are thousands of others out there. Treat it like water under the bridge. It happened. It's over. Stay above it and move on.
Post 45 IP   flag post
@Karen I think we all did something stupid as a teen that we have second thoughts about now. But honestly, you should not have to be continually be harassed by this person. I'm hoping that maybe some good will come from this. You can never tell where something like this might lead. I'll post a link to a podcast that the current owners did. I don't think that Chance has a shot of getting it back. Maybe your side of the story will help ensure that. Regardless, I do hope you have moved on and maybe this will be the last time you have to deal with this.
Post 46 IP   flag post
Quote:

Social Media can be a very ugly place! IMO if that guy commits slander against you on that podcast you should sue him!
Post 47 IP   flag post
Podcast with Bryan Silverbak and the current owners. There is some strong language used.

podcast
Post 48 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmellos
Quote:

Social Media can be a very ugly place! IMO if that guy commits slander against you on that podcast you should sue him!

I'm not a fan of the direction threads on this forum take against women on multiple occasions. Several comments here included. This essentially functions like social media in these cases. If that's really Karen, just remember that these are people on the otherside of the keyboards. It's all fun and jokes until the redhead you're talking crap about shows up and relates a horror she experienced at the hands of "Chance".
Post 49 IP   flag post
Collector Ruffedgescomics private msg quote post Address this user
@karen Hello I am one of the owners of this book and would really like to speak with you about the details of what you did to this book. If he did this to you I would like to help you turn this on him.
Post 50 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by etapi65
Quote:
Quote:

I'm not a fan of the direction threads on this forum take against women on multiple occasions. Several comments here included. This essentially functions like social media in these cases. If that's really Karen, just remember that these are people on the otherside of the keyboards. It's all fun and jokes until the redhead you're talking crap about shows up and relates a horror she experienced at the hands of "Chance".

I hope I haven't contributed to being negative towards women.
Post 51 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by etapi65
Quote:
Quote:

I hope I haven't contributed to being negative towards women.

I don't take names, and I don't pay attention to who says it. I've seen no fewer than 4 threads descend into rants about women or flows of comments about women's physical traits on several occasions. I think these threads regularly get locked and disappear into oblivion. It's particularly pronounced in threads that, for whatever reason, become a political conversation. This thread started heading in that direction with people speculating about who was crazy or who's fault this was. It's all none of anyone on this thread's business.
Post 52 IP   flag post
Collector ShogunLogan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruffedgescomics
@karen Hello I am one of the owners of this book and would really like to speak with you about the details of what you did to this book. If he did this to you I would like to help you turn this on him.

I would recommend getting with both of them to get the full story.
Post 53 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShogunLogan
Quote:

IF the karen who posted here is the actual person she does NOT want to near that guy
Post 54 IP   flag post
Collector ShogunLogan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShogunLogan
Quote:

IF the karen who posted here is the actual person she does NOT want to near that guy

That's possible but he said he wanted to speak with her to 'turn this on him' whereas I recommend hearing from both of them before 'picking sides'. I'm not saying they get together but I imagine Chance would want to explain himself.
Post 55 IP   flag post
603911 59 30
Thread locked. No more posts permitted. Return home.